1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Sideshow is going to have to hire a fulltime futzer.

That's really good to hear. I just hope he wins the fight.

If SSC's going for a look similar to this, a few tweaks and great execution can make a big difference compared to the first preview photo, especially on the headsculpt.

forcesdestro.JPG

That may be the idea behind the leisure suit, but I can't find a boilerplate headed Destro and I've looked at a lot of figures and art since this was announced. :dunno

Looking at the concept of Destro in the video production for the sneaks...it looks like Destro wears a short Jacket that closes up (with another Belt over it) There could be the option to remove the black shirt,close up the jacket to get the similiar look of the Classic Destro....the preview pic could be that he is sporting the open jacket look,but is able to close it up

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNVfgTfrMGA[/ame]

Looking at the concept of Destro in the video production for the sneaks...it looks like Destro wears a short Jacket that closes up (with another Belt over it) There could be the option to remove the black shirt,close up the jacket to get the similiar look of the Classic Destro....the preview pic could be that he is sporting the open jacket look,but is able to close it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNVfgTfrMGA

Destro is in this?

All I saw was the star wars line being beaten like a dead tauntaun.

Opening of the video shows a sketch of Destro wearing a pretty nifty looking, form fitting ribbed jacket that looks nothing like the one we see in the prototype shot.

So that means he is the last on the team to give a **** about G.I.Joe 1/6 figures for Sideshow?

Sounds like a wrap up is coming after this group of Joes coming

That's exactly what I suspect. I think they are clearing off the Joes that have been in the developent pipeline for years ala Baroness, Helmeted CC and Destro who looks like a design prototype from 2008. It's no wonder the line has slowed to nearly a halt.

Destro is in this?

All I saw was the star wars line being beaten like a dead tauntaun.

Hit PAUSE on 0:04, look at the upper left corner, tilt your head 90 degrees counter clockwise. There's a Destro sketch wearing a jacket that like Karamazov said, looks nothing like the preview figure.

Has he even appeared anywhere with a "plated" head - comics - Hasbro toy line...anywhere that they would get this look from?

Has he even appeared anywhere with a "plated" head - comics - Hasbro toy line...anywhere that they would get this look from?

I've been looking and haven't found a source for it. Nam is usually real good at pointing out where SSC has sourced changes they've made and since he hasn't came up with an origin for a Boilerplate Destro, I'm going to assume this is something SSC just pulled out of their... :moon

Try looking up Valor versus Venom 3 3/4 and 12" Destro.
It's got rivets throughout its head sculpt.

Edit: so does the mask that comes with Agent Faces from the same line.

Nice find, the double rows of rivets actually doesn't look bad on that Destro, kind of menacing. Still no source for the turtle plated head though.

Maybe it'll look better once we start getting shots of it chromed up.

Whole lot of doomsayers in this thread.

Pretty sure there is no hidden subtext from Q there. Sideshow's gonna keep on making joes so long as they sell. It's kinda their buisness model.

and if not? so what? They no longer make new ones, so you're gonna dump your old ones at a loss?

What about all those kenner SW figures some of you are hoarding. Kenner's not making those any more, guess you should dump those too, right?

Last edited:
Whole lot of doomsayers in this thread.

Pretty sure there is no hidden subtext from Q there. Sideshow's gonna keep on making joes so long as they sell. It's kinda their buisness model.

and if not? so what? They no longer make new ones, so you're gonna dump your old ones at a loss?

What about all those kenner SW figures some of you are hoarding. Kenner's not making those any more, guess you should dump those too, right?

I love the Sideshow Joe figures,so even if they wrapped it up,I am keeping mine....

The line isn't going anywhere as long as people are buying...it will just move at snails pace....There is still Snowjob,Gung-ho,Shipwreck etc to get to

It looks like Destro's metrosexual son, with a mask like the Tin Man from The Wizard Of Oz. He just isn't manly enough.

Back