1:6 - SSC - Blade Runner - Rick Deckard - NOT FOR SALE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better shot of it. SDCC is stepping on all my customs this year...

7a83e073b8cab084c2c19e79920d8128.png

That last shot looks real nice. The placard says not for sale??? I see the his name with no details but not that. Hope? We do need details from any in attendance...

Well, they do have Ford's likeness rights (I'm guessing), and this would fit totally in their "Cult Classics" line. Maybe they really will produce this in time for the new movie.
I've never liked the idea that he was a replicant... for me it didn't make sense that he was so physically dominated by the other replicants if he was one himself...

That looks terrible....SS can suck an egg......

Nothing going on with that company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm just thinking that the easiest way to go around old license issues would be for this to be included in a flashback in the new film, similar to the way police assault Terminator originally only had figures because it was seen in a photo in T2. But, I kinda doubt that happens with the new Blade Runner film.

That looks terrible....SS can suck an egg......

Nothing going on with that company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can't agree with this. I've been a pretty vocal critic of SSC, but on balance I would say they are doing a very serviceable job with the cult classics line. Ash was really well done for an SSC figure. Borderline what you would expect from Hot Toys. And no other company has even seriously gone after some of these licenses. Is this a mind-blowing sculpt or paintwork? No. But it looks pretty good, and is way more than anyone else expected to see (being nothing).

if they can just keep Ash level work it'd be a purchase for me. I'd even take the risk knowing that I'd probably at least get good enough parts to make a custom

Well, they do have Ford's likeness rights (I'm guessing), and this would fit totally in their "Cult Classics" line. Maybe they really will produce this in time for the new movie.
I've never liked the idea that he was a replicant... for me it didn't make sense that he was so physically dominated by the other replicants if he was one himself...

Yeah that never really made sense to me either. I have always loved the suggestion in the original movie that maybe he could be a replicant, and the way it constantly makes you wonder about the possibility. But it's not something that I think should be spelled out definitively.

Well, this is certainly interesting...
HS is not really very good, but there's so many Ford sculpts out there that a switch wouldn't be hard.

Well, this is certainly interesting...
HS is not really very good, but there's so many Ford sculpts out there that a switch wouldn't be hard.

Yeah, this is one of the rare figures that I'd probably buy just for the parts, knowing I could get a better quality head sculpt on the open market.

That said, if it was produced, we shouldn't have to do such things, and they really should, in this day and age, get it right first time around. And if in-house talent can't do it, grab a freelancer like Jnix instead.

Back