1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good. Maybe if they stay with molded face guards they will have several different molds mixed throughout production like they did with the numbers on the packs of battle droids.

Are we sure the e-web is plastic and not die cast metal? For $150 it had at least be metal.

So final production figure?

snowtrooper12inch-700x700.jpg

Yeah, think I'm coming around to this point of view. I went back and checked the Snowtrooper order page gallery again and honestly, unless I knew going-in that the face masks were the same, there's no way I would've noticed. Also, Sideshow ended-up releasing, what, four Sandtroopers? If it bothers you that much, grab one Snowtrooper and see if they don't release another variant down the road. For me, meh, I couldn't care less. Two Snowtroopers with the same mask and an E-Web and maybe Vader is going to look great.

Yeah, that would be the ideal for me. The snowtrooper is my favorite trooper and Hoth is my favorite SW planet, so I would like to have a few, then buy a whole bunch of cotton and set up a scene! :) Just ordering the one ex today. The other issue is that December is looking crazy expensive for me right now. I have no idea how much I'll be shelling out in Dec/Jan right now. Gotta pace myself!

btw, why didn't they make his whole base white? I imagine I'll probably paint the top two parts so they camouflage better.

It is sad, how LESS THAN A YEAR AGO, a military figure was 89.99 ( utapau shadow trooper ), and now 149.99.
Thats 66% increase!!!!!!

It is sad, how LESS THAN A YEAR AGO, a military figure was 89.99 ( utapau shadow trooper ), and now 149.99.
Thats 66% increase!!!!!!

...dont remind us man. Those days are long gone and will forever be missed for those of us who were buying figures. It sucks but thats just how it goes in this hobby.

Wow! Did I ever get blindsided by this one. I am glad I got to their website in time to order the exclusive. I would have been 58 kinds of bummed if I had missed out on that. Nice nod to the old Kenner figure...but the two pistol grips are far, far too wide apart to be effective in the figure holding the blaster rifle.

Maybe that was mentioned...I didn't catch up on the thread before I posted.

The eyes are way too small. Go to the profiles in history catalog auction 49 on page 353. Hopefully will be corrected in the production version (not counting on it). Even if they are, I still think it is overpriced for what it is and the difficulty making this figure. Heck the eyes are even the wrong shape. The prop is rounded on the bottom and Sideshow has it flat and angled.
bb7131b6.jpg
Look again, you are mistaken.

Ordered the exclusive earlier today!

This has always been one of my favorite troopers.

With the new price points we just have to be more selective.

Too bad about the gun though. Passed. Would rather get another trooper instead.

Yep, thats the only reason really. The Snow trooper is basically all new and a one-off. Its for the R&D more than what actually comes in the box. The Airborne trooper is basically just a new head and existing clone parts. Clones remain fairly cheap due to the low overhead on creating a new one.

Thank the Lord for that. I can't imagine being able to keep up with the Clones as the prices increase even though the Commanders are creeping up there.

Guess we know what to expect now with these guys:

Galactic_marine.jpg

This should be interesting since it's basically going to reuse a lot of Clone parts and the basics of this. Most of the armor is clone so it won't use the tailoring that this used but I have a feeling it'll cost the same and that'll be the head scratcher.

$150 bucks for the gun? Wow, that's preposterous! You guys should just all chip in, buy it, recast it and distribute it among yourselves. Maybe this way, Sideshow will think twice before trying to make fool out of us and straight up steal our money.

Steal your money? I have a suggestion. Don't voluntarily hand it to them and they won't take it with your blessing.

:lol

I must say this figure is growing on me.
I'm still a bit irked by the hard plastic of the face mask, but otherwise it looks really nice. Going to wait and see where it can be had for less, don't really care about the exclusive.

Other than the hard plastic face mask, this figure is excellent in my opinion.

Not sold on the E WEB turret though.

I was excited about this but then the price made me change my mind with so many other figures on the way.
Also is there a thread for the $150 gun?
That's a bit crazy!

Back