1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could make the regular grunt and then another one with different weathering or the Commander that comes with the cannon. Wish I had the space for an E-web.:monkey2

The E-Web is going to be hard to find a space for, but I think it's cool enough that I'll need to pick one up.

their is a snow scout design out there somewhere

Snow%20Speeder%20Bike.jpg

Interesting... is that a vintage design or something newer?

If I remember correctly it was a concept for a snow trooper scouts in a book I saw many years ago but not 100% sure. I do know the only showing of scouts on hoth or any other icy planet was in the book series.

Sideshow_Collectibles_teaser_snowtrooper.jpg

This hugely diminishes the hope of a clean trooper. You know I like 'em neat & clean!

This hugely diminishes the hope of a clean trooper. You know I like 'em neat & clean!

I thought I'd want clean troopers until I saw how nice the Clones looked in person. And in all honesty battle worn is usually how most things appeared in SW so I'm happy to see the weathering continuing here.

Parts of that armor don't look like a straight casting. Some of the details look separate.

are you talking about that little black & silver piece in the concaved mid section that almost looks like a little handle or switch? could be a seperate glue on piece. i honestly don't remember or that detailed oriented to costuming.........but it does look like it belongs.....:lol

did nathan paint this?

Sideshow_Collectibles_teaser_snowtrooper.jpg

I normally like them battleworn, but for some reason I think of the snowtroopers as being very clean. Maybe it's how I remember the original Kenner snowtrooper 3 3/4 figures from my youth. Anyhow, I'll probably hold out for the Lt., with the cleaner, sleeker look.

Best two snowtrooper costumes ever, showing the differences.

CIMG0053.jpg

are you talking about that little black & silver piece in the concaved mid section that almost looks like a little handle or switch? could be a seperate glue on piece. i honestly don't remember or that detailed oriented to costuming.........but it does look like it belongs.....:lol

did nathan paint this?

That is what I'm talking about. I bet he'd know.

I don't think he did... at least he usually chimes in if he did early on. I think we will be soon moving in to a post-Nathan prototype world :monkey2

I don't know if they have a PF in the works, but 1/6th has been for a while. This is most definitely the 1/6th. Looks great so far!

Totally Sideshow. I know cause I got to do some of it.

he must have had some hand in it...............he's in the know........or was........so now he's in the knew............:panic:

If they keep it fairly low-key and realistic like in that pic (note absense of stupid random Sharpie apps), I can live with it though I would've preferred the OT troopers prestine, too.

I thought I'd want clean troopers until I saw how nice the Clones looked in person. And in all honesty battle worn is usually how most things appeared in SW so I'm happy to see the weathering continuing here.
Have to disagree on the clones (thankfully I don't collect them or I'd have more of a problem with it). My issue isn't with weathering per se. If they did it with the same amount of artfulness as Boba Fett or IG-88, it'd be fine. But in my opinion, all they're doing is taking a nice figure and defacing it with all those stupid black marks. I don't understand why any scuff on the clones' armour is automatically a deep black paint app. To my eyes it really looks cheap and definitely not beyond what someone could do to customize their figure afterwards if that's what they wanted. It would definitely prevent me from buying Bacara and a few others if I was in the market for PT clones. While the new pictures look better (on Cool Toys Hot Chix Bacara vid), it still looks heavy handed and overdone. Kinda amateurish, too, compared to realistic weathing like on Boba Fett. Sorry to go about it, but ugh... really hate how Sideshow 'weathers' stuff.

I don't think he did... at least he usually chimes in if he did early on. I think we will be soon moving in to a post-Nathan prototype world :monkey2
Whu? How come (just wondering if he's got a new position or something)? Not that I know him well but it was always great to see his comments, like in the Vader thread shortly after the tease came out.

Last edited:
Back