1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word of these yet? Only 5 months until SDCC people, we have to hear something soon. I know 5 months is still kind of a longs ways off, but I need a fix, an OT Fix that is.

Thought I revisit this thread, now that we are a few months into 2012. So no news yet?

Ever since Sideshow started with this line, there has been a lot of 'coming soon's. I think it took 4 years for them to finally make a Vader, which you would think would've been one of the first figures released.

Anyway, the problem with the Snowtrooper is that you only saw him as white. If Lucas had some with blue stripes, some with yellow stripes etc, you would've already had Snowtroopers. This is also the reason you don't have a Biker Scout.

there's at least 2 variations they could make with the snowy, the standard and snowy commander, even though there's not too many differences.
And also once they've got a snowy done, it wouldn't take much to recycle a lot of the armour to make a galactic marine, so i think they could still stretch that one out a bit.

I hope its coming soon, i like my Hasbro snowy, but next to my marmit, medi and SS troops he looks a bit, well... Hasbro.

As for the biker scout, i'm about to customize my Hasbro one, i think that one's still a great figure.

Yep, Biker Scout is a good example of what can be done with customizing. I have some spare armour parts and can help you out, if you want. Pm me, flamingdead.

MHO. Commanders aside, I think the clones, stormtroopers, snowtroopers, biker scouts,etc... should all be open editions. you have a stormtrooper,sandtrooper,stormtrooper commander,black hole stormtrooper. All the same except for color! I for one would like to build a squad of snowies. I'm sure if the stormtroopers was an open addition it would still be selling well.

I bet we'll see Stormtroopers again. ESB stormies looked the coolest. If I ever got one, that's the style I'd want so I hope we get some.

MHO. Commanders aside, I think the clones, stormtroopers, snowtroopers, biker scouts,etc... should all be open editions. you have a stormtrooper,sandtrooper,stormtrooper commander,black hole stormtrooper. All the same except for color! I for one would like to build a squad of snowies. I'm sure if the stormtroopers was an open addition it would still be selling well.

I agree, I got in late and i've been trying to get two stormies for under 150 each for a while now, i just cant imagine paying more than that for them.

I bet we'll see Stormtroopers again. ESB stormies looked the coolest. If I ever got one, that's the style I'd want so I hope we get some.

Would people really notice a difference though? Different colour frown and helmet decals the only real difference plus the hand plates. I want a snowtrooper!! :)

For me, the critical aspect of a new Stormtrooper is that it will drive down the cost of the first release.

And I want both. But I do not want the first one at the prices that people are getting for them.

Man, I was able to get many stormies for about $50 . I guess it was a small window, got most of them from RS.

Would people really notice a difference though? Different colour frown and helmet decals the only real difference plus the hand plates. I want a snowtrooper!! :)

They aren't going to make an ESB Stormtrooper before they make a Snowtrooper.

And yes, the minor changes amount to a different overall esthetic. They've always looked different to me and I wasn't aware of what had been changed from '77 to '80 until you posted.

New Stormtroopers with new accurate stunt sculpt = bought.

I bought the one Stormtrooper I have back in early '10. I wanted to get more, but it seemed like they had dried up or were going for crazy prices on ebay.

I'd probably get at least 2 if there was a new version.

I know there are the Space Stormies in ANH and the ROTJ Stormies have got a difference helmet.

As for TESB, aren't they identical to the ones in ANH?

ROTJ stormies have different helmet, different armor and different blasters too. ;)

Though I'm still waiting for the Snowtrooper before anymore Stormies.

Back