1/6 Scale Tardis, Tennant, Smith (see page 18 for kit!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Scale Tardis, Tennant, Smith & Baker!!

I was going to ask about what to do for the lantern and door handle as that is where I am upto at the moment besides thickening the corners up a bit more and giving a test base coat. Also need to sort out the window frames.

As for windows, you need 1/8" x 1/8" square spruce and build the frames one piece at a time. I start with the outside, then top/bottom. Then build the windows using 1/16" x 1/16" square. I start with the two vertical pieces first, then the center. It takes hours to do the windows, just take your time and they will turn out fine.

I will be 100% with my 3 Tardis within 2 weeks (Tennant, Smith's and Baker's). Those 3 will be on my shelf. Then if anybody wants a Tardis, they need to pay 50% up front, give me about 3 weeks to build it, then the other half when it's done. I am not working on any other Tardis until I get my 3 done. Hopefully by then I can post in the for sale section. I have one last Tennant Tardis completed, and available for sale, I will not be making anymore for sale until my 3 are done.

I will do the best I can on the prices. Tom Baker's will be less than the other 2 since it has no lights etc.

I can't wait to sit back on my couch and look at the 3 of them next to eachother, done! It will be a good moment. These take too many hours to build. I should've done that from the beginning instead of making 3 of Tennant's.

I bought the legacy collection set a little while ago and was watching Shada a couple of nights ago and noticed that the light on the tardis roof in it was basically one of those flashing police lights that undercover cars use that you can cheap versions of in low cost stores. Curious as to how often the tardis had that light

I bought the legacy collection set a little while ago and was watching Shada a couple of nights ago and noticed that the light on the tardis roof in it was basically one of those flashing police lights that undercover cars use that you can cheap versions of in low cost stores. Curious as to how often the tardis had that light

I am working on a blinking light for the Tom Baker Tardis lantern.

I hope to be done with Matt Smith's Tardis by tomorrow, I finished his lantern last night. I will post photos asap.

Almost done. I just have to paint the roof now, and slap on the hardware. Photos are coming out dark because it's nighttime. The Tardis isn't dark. I will take better photos tomorrow in the sunlight.

tardisroof-1.jpg

Here is a closer shot of the lantern, it is made of solid brass. I am going to use the same fresnel "glass" (it's plastic, I couldn't find glass this size) to make Tom Baker's Tardis lantern.

tardisroof2.jpg

Last edited:

Ok now, this is more like the actual color. The actual color is just a tad lighter than this.

99.9% done. It only needs the St. John's Ambulance decal.

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

You will never guess which Tardis is next. I have an expert helping me with this one :)

This Tardis is A LOT smaller than the Tennant/Smith. Tom Baker's head goes almost to the top of the door. Smith/Tennant's head's go to the center of the window.

k9008.jpg

Last edited:

Well you already revealed that you were doing a Baker one and K-9 being there hints that it is Baker's so with all that evidence I am going to say it is.....Davison's tardis :p

This Baker TARDIS is “old school”. The Police Box signs are going to have white letters, and do not light up. The only light in the TARDIS is a blinking light inside the lantern, which has a wire that runs to a 9V battery that goes in an area built on the inside roof. The lantern will have the same fresnel as my Matt Smith lantern, but a different design, and flat roof. The only door that opens is the front right door, the left door is a false door. The Police Box and door sign will both be black with white letters.

The Newberry version Tom Baker’s TARDIS is the smallest of them all, hence a smaller build cost for me. I have been getting MANY pm’s asking me how much I would sell them for. They would be $290. I have been working about 2 weeks on mine, and should be done by Friday.

I have a lot done on mine and will post photos later day, also comparison photos next to the Tennant and Smith TARDIS.

Last edited:

This is a shot of the flat roof (not attached yet) and one shot of the corner molding. Not done, but you get the idea, but with a lantern in the center and not my flashlight.

baker012.jpg

Here are some size comparison shots next to Smith's. I know, I know, still not ambulance logo, I'm working on it :) I'll have it on by Wednesday.

baker019.jpg

2011.jpg

baker018.jpg

baker016.jpg

I just about finished up my Tom Baker Tardis last night. The only thing left to do is finish the lantern/blinking LED and the front door sign. I will be posting photos Saturday.

Back