1/6 Scale Superman Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a hot toys superman returns 1st version any one have any suggestions on the best way to replace with a more muscular body?:pray:

i have a hot toys superman returns 1st version any one have any suggestions on the best way to replace with a more muscular body?:pray:

I can only speak for myself but I cut a seam down his back to the waistline without cutting the ring around the neck. I left that part in one piece. It makes getting the costume off pretty easy. Don't forget to undo the belt in the back and unhook it from the shorts. The shorts are sewn to the crotch. Once you pull the body out and replace it you can glue it back together or try to see snaps or a zipper to hold it together.

I was terrified myself when I switched the body but I knew I was not satisfied with the size of the body it came with so I took a deep breath and went for it. I just knew if I stood my custom next to a CR Superman and the proportions were any smaller I would be disappointed. The new muscular body should work well with the suit. I am a stickler for height so I knew I wanted this to be as tall as CR with the proper proportions. I tried putting longer foot pegs on to give the right height but it made him look like he had stork legs.

I have yet to see a better Routh head sculpt than the 2 in 1 version. If you find one let ME know. Also, if you visit the official superman returns thread you'll see a lot of repaints that make the first version sculpt look really good.

Wow, the first picture of Clark changing into Supes is mine. I actually updated the figure with glasses and gripping hands from Hot Toys Indy. I wonder if I should send them an updated picture :lol

Lol so they are using other peoples aswell instead of oh I don't know using their own pics?

Still gets the point across for the sculpt

Lol so they are using other peoples aswell instead of oh I don't know using their own pics?

Still gets the point across for the sculpt

Their using photos of people kitbashes so you can get an idea what can be done with them. Just looked at their other auctions and seen my bash of Danny Trejo. It's the main photo.

Asking my permission would have been nice but it doesn't affect me all that much. Thanks for letting me know, though.

Wow cool customs, but this looks the best to me :)
picture.php

So awesome. Very realistic. I'm just waiting for Richard Pryer to jump into the picture.

Back