1:6 Scale STAP w/ Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the budy that was going to sell me his STAP but decided to keep it. So I guess I will have to pick one up from SSC unless someone nows of a deal somewhere?

Another look at this great set...

STAP-BD-011.jpg

I really thought these would be sold out by now. I know it cost $180 but if you take off the cost of the Droid its really only $120. The last Droid they had sold out very fast, once it hit.

I knew it wouldn't sell out because of the general dislike about 80% of people have for the droids for some reason. I seem to be a minority that would like to have as many droids as I can (already at 6 battle droids and oom9) but if they ever release a good grievous, super battle droid, or droideka I would be all over the droids and army build them to the point of crazy LOL.

Hopefully I will be able to scrape a few dollars together for the STAP soon since there seems to be a lul in figures I want and my joker 2.0 is payed off :yess:

Thinking of picking this up to go with Padawan Obi. Thoughts? Or is the infantry droid two pack the better choice?

IMO, either set will work. The STAP gives more (spectacular) display options though.

Thinking of picking this up to go with Padawan Obi. Thoughts? Or is the infantry droid two pack the better choice?

Going to say close to the something as the person ahead of me. If I was to place them to be fighting each other. I would get both the 2 pack (or one from TA) and one of these.

It's odd. This could just be me. When I have 12 out and walking they look like. Oh Hell. But one or two seem to be a joke.

Plus this gets your a 1/6 ship and a 1/6 Droid. For about $30/40 more.

I knew it wouldn't sell out because of the general dislike about 80% of people have for the droids for some reason. I seem to be a minority that would like to have as many droids as I can (already at 6 battle droids and oom9) but if they ever release a good grievous, super battle droid, or droideka I would be all over the droids and army build them to the point of crazy LOL.

Hopefully I will be able to scrape a few dollars together for the STAP soon since there seems to be a lul in figures I want and my joker 2.0 is payed off :yess:

In the movies, they rock. I mean they are just mindless droids. You can put 100,000,000 out there for very little cost (or so it seems). In the clone wars. They are a joke no matter how many there are of them. Once they see a Jedi they just seem to give up.

Thanks for the reply guys. Want both but only can pick one up of the 2. I may pick this up since it looks awesome and would work. But not sure anyways thanks for the replies and help!

It's odd. This could just be me. When I have 12 out and walking they look like. Oh Hell. But one or two seem to be a joke.

Ya you would think they would look worse the more you get since they are so similar but I have found the more I add the better they look. I would like for them to release more variants of the BD so I can army build them.

I also prefer the mindlessness of the movies for the BD since the clone wars just makes them pointless. Almost seems like it would of been more effective to not use them at all LOL.

Do you ever watch Clone Wars? Something that may help display these is some variety; I'd love to see them produce that block shaped droid commander (especially since it seems Grievous will reamin forever delayed), I think hes pretty cool conceptually. I'll see if I can't dig up a pic of what I'm talking about.

Yeah, heres a pic, I think he looks really good commanding the troops:
TacticalDroid-GaW.jpg

Last edited:
Do you ever watch Clone Wars? Something that may help display these is some variety; I'd love to see them produce that block shaped droid commander (especially since it seems Grievous will reamin forever delayed), I think hes pretty cool conceptually. I'll see if I can't dig up a pic of what I'm talking about.

Yeah, heres a pic, I think he looks really good commanding the troops:
TacticalDroid-GaW.jpg

I would like to have one as well but I just hate how they sound in the clone wars. But I would rather have a long list of droids before him LOL.

Thanks for sharing. But please take a few moments to find the correct place to post your review. In the figures (not statue) section, and within the existing thread on the particular collectible.

Thanks.

Re: Spot's Review of the Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars S.T.A.P. and Battle Droid

Hey guys,

Here is my review of the Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars S.T.A.P. and Battle Droid Sixth Scale Figure Set. Let me know what you guys think of this figure and the review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2PZte4IfU

Hum, this review style looks familiar. Would you happen to know member Optibotimus?

J/k. Good review there. I have yet to pull the trigger on this but with Grievous now available at that scale, it would be a great piece to display with. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Re: Spot's Review of the Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars S.T.A.P. and Battle Droid

Ewww you compared me to Optibotimus lol, I`m familiar with his work but I`d hope my style is alittle different...thanks for checking out my video

Yep. A few members are kind of distracted by hand movements on reviews but i don't mind. Always great to have opinions on those pieces, expecially when you're on the fence like i am.

Back