1:6 Scale Sideshow Old Ben Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn seeing all the repaints...hot toys got nothing on ss obi sculpt

Best,

Robert

Yeah, but... for a SSC Ben, new body+hands and good custom repaint you're looking at well over what the HT figure will sell for. The better painters (as seen in Marfmaster's, Shortround's etc.) will run you $200+ for the repaint alone, not to mention the 6-12 month (or longer) wait..

And if HT tweaks/redoes the Ben sculpt and nails it... well... that's a bummer.:lol

At this point, you'd probably have the HT Ben in-hand before you got your repaint back (if you went with a high-end in demand painter.)

Good point. Glad i got ben for about 100 euros. The factory paint is ok. So it will stay on there. Maybe i'll repaint it myself

Best,

Robert

And if HT tweaks/redoes the Ben sculpt and nails it...

That would be a first. I've seen HT sculpts get worse, but I can't recall one ever getting better. Most often (more than 90% of the time at least) they just stay the same.

The problem with SSC's Old Ben is that everyone realizes HT's effort sucks and resale prices now start at $160 and go up to $650 on eBay.

I'd jump on one for $100 or less.

That would be a first. I've seen HT sculpts get worse, but I can't recall one ever getting better. Most often (more than 90% of the time at least) they just stay the same.

The problem with SSC's Old Ben is that everyone realizes HT's effort sucks and resale prices now start at $160 and go up to $650 on eBay.

:exactly:

I was hoping, and am still hoping HT pulls this off since I don't have an ANH Old Ben and didn't want to pay the going price for him pre HT SW license agreement. But once I saw the HT proto I went to ebay to see if I could get one somebody was dumping for a good price, but no luck.

No brainer.

While the SSC needs a repaint, the HT needs a new head sculpt and repaint that goes along with it. If someone doesn't care too much about these things, then just use modified Hasbro. ;)

A few months ago, with patience, you could get Ben for that. I payed $80 for mine and $80 for the repaint. For $160 I'm happy.

There are a couple of examples, but not many... most recently Christopher Reeve Superman was tweaked for the better, as was DX06 Jack Sparrow. Leonidas got a whole extra head sculpt, DX04 Bruce Lee got a tweaked body sculpt. Earlier than that, Blade was improved as was Don Vito.

Even though it still wasn't perfect, the DX10 production was much better than the proto. So let's hope we have some luck w/Star Wars.

Ben and Vader.

IMG_9492_zpserh16ct5.jpg

Some more SS Old Ben love (featuring Galactiboy's awesome repainted headsculpt).
Potbelly courtesy of wadded up napkin and some cotton:)

hoodfull_zps0vfaarkv.jpg
nohoodfull_zpserywwv7q.jpg

hoodface2_zpsuc7rfafc.jpg
nohoodface_zpsksi0iget.jpg

duel_zps1aphdtfa.jpg

here is my custom obi-wan next to my old EP IV darth vader before I destroyed him. I`M going trying to redo him over but better this time around. but here is a shot of them two together ANH photo 2.jpg

Great customs folks! :duff

I'll be getting the new HT Ben, but if I had the SSC one, I'd certainly attempt to improve on it & have that as my one & only.

Back