1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't really tell if your left leg is as bad as mine. Are both of your legs pretty similar as far as the dark paint app on the scales minus the couple light patches?

The shading on the left leg may be slightly lighter. It's hard to see, and it doesn't show unless you really look for it.

Looks good to me. I'm looking forward to ticking this one off the BH want list.

bounty-hunters-lineup.jpg

EP5_BTS_508.jpg

Has anyone noticed that the arms and legs on Bossk in these pics look darker than the head? I’m assuming it’s lighting but you would think they’d all be lit the same way from these angles.

Almost as if the version 2 got the arms and legs color right and the version 1 got the head color right. Weird.

Has anyone noticed that the arms and legs on Bossk in these pics look darker than the head? I’m assuming it’s lighting but you would think they’d all be lit the same way from these angles.

Almost as if the version 2 got the arms and legs color right and the version 1 got the head color right. Weird.

I think it's just the light sources in those photos. Look at the variance between Bossk's arms in the second picture. The right arm and head match in the light.

The 2.0 figure reacts the same way.

The screen grabs on Google are all over the place. Debating colors of the V1 vs V2 almost seems like a "great taste less filling" debate. Reality is neither figure is likely correct. I'm off to pick up V2 later today.

Is anyone having issues with loose joints on this one? The right elbow and right leg at the hip are really loose on the one that I received yesterday. Right arm can't hold any poses and it won't stand on it's own. Already submitted a request to either return it or have it replaced.

Well, i contemplated upgrading being seeing the side by shots really helped. I will stick with version 1. Thank you for the pics.

Another side by side with a bit more light:

37724459762_4638696128_o.jpg

I'm finding new Bossk eats light. His photos are coming out darker than actual. MfDoom's photos are better.

Up close it's easier:

37724457762_9b96592eb7_o.jpg

I like them both for different reasons. Old Bossk has life in that exclusive head. New Bossk is a taciturn, cold hearted lizard.

Yo make that v2 bossk in the v1 suit happen bruhhhhhh

Maybe one day.

But it looks like too much work getting it all off at the moment, and then the hose would be wrong.

If I go by this reference photo...

latest

...the 2.0 looks okay.

The screen grabs on Google are all over the place. Debating colors of the V1 vs V2 almost seems like a "great taste less filling" debate.

That's why people should really check the movie and see for themselves rather than looking for a picture that supports whatever color you're looking for.

At the end of the day, the v2 Bossk head is superior so, if sculpt is everything, v2 wins the internet.

Last edited:
That's why people should really check the movie and see for themselves rather than looking for a picture that supports whatever color you're looking for.

Which version of the film?

I have the non-Special Edition DVDs, Special Edition DVDs, Harmy's, and the Blu-rays.

I'll start with the latter: the colour looks mid-way between Original and 2.0 Bossk.

And I just noticed that there's a flare missing in the middle front slot on Bossk's right bandoleer.

EDIT:

Oh, I was talking about suit colour by mistake. Skin colour of 2.0 looks pretty much perfect compared to my close-up shot.

Then you have your answer.

That's pretty much what the two pictures I found indicate, which is why I posted them.

v1 too dark, v2 to light.

But see my edit. I thought you were talking about the suit because of JCFETT's comment.

Harmy's colour looks saturated by comparison. The suit has the orange tinge of the original Sideshow. And the skin has an icky orange-brown tone.

My comment "v1 too dark, v2 too light" would never make sense for the skin color.

I'm multi-tasking here. :lol

Non-SE DVD is something between Harmy and the Blu-ray.

The Blu-ray is the one that the 2.0 matches most for suit and skin.

Skin as illustrated by this photo:

37724457762_9b96592eb7_o.jpg

it's not about skin color guys, c'mon it's 2017. It's all about who wore it better amiright

It's funny, I sold my V1 Bossk right away when V2 was announced without thinking twice knowing how much more I liked the new sculpt. But I didnt' sell the IG-88, knowing the V2 would come with less accessories.. I wanted to hold on to my battle axe IG-88 to make sure the V2 could top it, which we all know it didn't... so got a little lucky I guess there. I wish I kept the V1 Bossk though because I would have definitely tried the flightsuit swap, but overall I'm still super happy with the V2 Bossk new headsculpt and paintup looks solid.

What's the "hose" you mention Kuat? The wire down his center that Y splits at the crotch? that hose? or something else...

Sideshow-Collectibles-Bossk-Sixth-Scale-Figure-The-Toy-Basement-6.jpg

Back