1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick picture, as requested. Still need to futz with the outfit.

SWBH%2001_zpsbudinbqj.jpg

Nice photo. To me Bossk’s skin color looks good in your pic. And his eyes aren’t out of wack!

Pics are still not great quality/lighting, but this guy is looking better than the earliest pics/vids. Color on the head is looking better and not quite as dark and muddy. Red eyes are wrong and bit "Bug's Life" looking, but it's somewhat easily tweaked.

Really impressed that SSC went back and made a new head - I really wasn't a fan of the EU sculpt on that one, and this really feels like they went back for fans who wanted something closer to the ESB movie version. They made some tweaks to the ESB Fett re-release, but not to the degree of an all-new head.

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on this guy with a $30 coupon code. It pulls this back closer to the original release price, but minus the extra open-mouth head.

I will probably mod the white bib because it looks so oversized - it alters his look a bit too much for my liking. It just looks like he's an "L" size but they only had "XL" left. They have a far better bib available from Luke X, but I guess they cut a corner there and went with the old one.

Still not a fan at all of the "cuts"/gaps at the wrists and ankles for articulation (creating the "scaly sausage" issue I keep going on about) as it's clearly different from his limbs in the movie and there's nothing to hide it, but hopefully I can drill out where the pegs go to narrow that joint to as small as possible.

Bossk really was one of my faves back in the day, so really want to get him as good as possible.

First the positive news: his eyes are painted perfectly and his head is moulded perfectly. Are eyes actually translucent like doll's eyes? They look like they have depth and catch the light well.

Okay, enough with being positive.

Bossk is one of those infuriating Sideshow figures.

The body is too lean.

The bandoleers holding the flares are placed too high. They're stitched to the trouser legs at the back, but the problem is they're too narrow to move further down the legs, therefore making his legs appear too long. On the first version they were positioned more correctly.

The right ankle on mine is very loose.

The pin on the rifle and the hole in the rifle grip hand don't line up - there seems no way to get his claws round the grip and connect the pin. The reason is that they've changed the sculpt from the first version to have the lower finger curling inwards so it's impeded by the loop behind the pistol grip.

The rifle sling is too short to enact his movie pose holding the rifle in his left hand. The strap is too short to go over his shoulder, so there's nothing to keep it in his hand. Luckily the rifle from the first version has a longer sling, so I'm using that one.

So that's the second thing that makes this supposedly more movie accurate representation less accurate than the first version.

The vest is held onto the suit by poppers front and back, but it's better if you undo them as they hold the vest in an odd position.

The suit itself is paler than the original and isn't weathered.

Oh, and there's a black mark on the back of the suit where the white paint has worn off the wire.

I hate you. Also thanks for the elaboration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Sideshow did a lazy job. Again. That's it for me. This is the last figure I bought from them. Also I will consider getting v1 back and sell this. I'm so disappointed. All those years and SSC can't upgrade anything properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it the same body? Why does V1 appear more "full"? Great quick review however it has left me less excited about the idea of purchasing.

The strap on the rifle should be an easy fix if anyone has spare parts laying around, it's just a simple brown strap.

Interesting to finally see the figures side by side, in neutral lighting the one bossk definitely looks too dark, but in the close up of the paint job it looks perfect. I guess the shelf presence will be much different than the V1, but I like the new headsculpt enough that I'll accept it's new presence. At least the head and body are painted the same color unlike the IG-88 v2.

Sideshow better not disappoint with this figure. The last figure I got from them was v2 IG88, took it out of the package gently, and part of his armor broke off immediately. Worst 1/6 scale I have ever purchased during my short time collecting. This will be the last straw for me. I’m a big fan of Bossk thanks to Battlefront. Fingers crossed.

**edit: The figure did not disappoint and I'm happy with it**

Last edited:
I agree, sideshow CAN make good stuff, but the stuff that comes out of the factories is uneven at best, AND you pay hot toys prices. Its a funny company. After Dengar, Thor, and zuckuss, I think I'm done with sideshow, and I'm only getting those because hot toys hasn't done them.

Maybe the worst part is they used to make good figures years ago that cost $55 and have gone up a little with each figure. It makes these $200 figures with major QC issues hard to stomach.

:lol

I've solved the lower leg length issue. Sort of.

I took the flares out of the bandoleer and pulled the bandoleer further down the leg. However, you can't get all the flares back into the slots because the material is pulled tight around the thicker part of the leg. I managed to get 6 out of the eleven back in, but it's enough to give the impression that they're all there.

I managed to get these two shots before the camera battery died:

37063169523_044a6e7429_o.jpg

The two figures are so different that they actually do look like two separate Trandoshans, and not even relatives.

I like the new sculpt and paintwork, even though it might be a little dark.

One other improvement for accuracy is that Sideshow have shortened the hose that runs from the front to the back of his suit. It now goes more horizontally, like this:

Rather than hanging down on the first version.

Overall he's quite an improvement over the first. I'm glad I have both, though I have to identify who the first one is from the list of possible names:

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trandoshan

Nice pics, Kuat - looking forward to more once your camera is recharged. The paint does look too dark, but the paler jumpsuit maybe makes the skin look darker than it is. And it is a bit of a surprise they redid the jumpsuit color (they redid Fett's for v.2, but that was to make it more accurate.)

I know Bossk's suit is somewhat pale in the movie (probably more like the v.1 though) but I partly associate Bossk with the Kenner figure too, which was a stronger yellow so would have preferred they reused the v.1 jumpsuit. :( Compared to the v.1 jumpsuit, the new one almost looks like a yellowish cream color, not "yellow" - and quite close to the 12" Hasbro Bossk.

Unfortunate about the difficulty in futzing the pants/knee bandoliers - it's the thing you need to do to get rid of that awkward "pants rolled up" look he has out of the box. Hoping the figure can be fully futzed to look close to the ESB onscreen look.

This is the clearest screen cap I can find and yeah, the v.1 looks a little off, but closer than the v.2 which is pastel yellow-cream. I wonder how the v.1 suit would look with the new Bossk head/paint.

One thing no one has mentioned yet is that they re-did the claw color on v.2, looks less milky-white now.:clap

You can also see the eye color a bit more clearly in this screen cap. Kind of yellow with orange-red swirls. Maybe a bit metallic (which Kuat's pics seem to show that SSC tried to do with v.2)

PXO78xt.jpg

The colors look way off on the suit and skin. I give up on this ****** company...

At this rate, dengar will come with a hot pink head wrap

Back