1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that SSC is tackling the Snowtrooper, I expect that armor to resurface on a Dengar in the not-too-distant future! :impatient:

But that armor is all fat. SS would have to make all-new armor.

Dengar is my least favorite. He always looked like a failure in his bandages. Zuckuss is much more badass.

Dengar is my least favorite. He always looked like a failure in his bandages.
:monkey2 Sad monkey is sad...

Zuckuss is much more badass.

Well I like Zuckuss, too. That's one of those rare cases where Hasbro got it right, at least right enough that I don't feel deprived for the time being.

I'd like a SSC 4-LOM, but y'know, SSC would have to do a C-3PO first, and, apparently, that's just crazy sauce...

Dengar is my least favorite. He always looked like a failure in his bandages. Zuckuss is much more badass.

The bug can wait. Dengar is one big boy you don't want to ****** with.

If the jaw opened then there would not have been the exclusive sculpt with the jaw opened.

Except for those buying the non-exclusive. A slightly articulated jaw on the reg would have been cool. I was hoping!:(

The excl head is pretty extreme too - like he's singing or laughing. You need to put him in a calisthetics pose to make it work.

A subtle mouth-open option would have gone nicely with a neutral pose ie. the moment when he says something to the Imperial officers on the bridge.

Some quick pics from after my little video shoot! Enjoy!

[ame]https://youtu.be/i_llEfDM0l0[/ame]

DSC_0048-1_zps7f13b2e6.jpg

DSC_0051_zps46cf3918.jpg

DSC_0056_zps94c4b0da.jpg

DSC_0057_zps1be55306.jpg

DSC_0058_zpscacc844f.jpg

:yess: Bossk is in the house. Straight out of box.
He looks great, I like the snarling sculpt a lot more than I thought i would. Outfit great, the hands and feet are the highlight.
Think the head could do with a little touchup, but very solid and fun release.

2-77.jpg
1-90.jpg

Last edited:
ditto..........well tomorrow......:)

i can see me switching the portriats out more often but from what i've seen so far the screaming sculpt looks better when posed in a more aggressive/battle like pose.

At what point did Bossk's "ears" become horns? The back of his head also has that Klingon forehead thing going on - huge protruding plates like a crocodile tail. Is that on the Bossk mask in the movies? Maybe it sort of comes down to what looks cool (and perhaps how he should have looked) vs. what was actually on screen.

The forearms on this character have always bugged the hell out of me.

One aspect that I almost wish Sideshow had not kept screen accurate.

That being said...pictures are really making me jones for the figure!

Edit - Hey! This was my 10,000th post. Wasn't there supposed to be a big explosion of ticker tape and an loud marching band?

Haaaaa!!!! That's awesome.

Ordered mine yesterday and it shipped out today. Now that's customer service.

At what point did Bossk's "ears" become horns? The back of his head also has that Klingon forehead thing going on - huge protruding plates like a crocodile tail. Is that on the Bossk mask in the movies? Maybe it sort of comes down to what looks cool (and perhaps how he should have looked) vs. what was actually on screen.

Kind of like we were saying before; Bossk is secondary enough of a character that even with "inaccuracies" very few are going to notice or take issue with differences or alterations from the screen version.

Whereas Boba or Vader there's a lot of reference images and investment in a particular look that will drive fans to be more critical.

Kind of like we were saying before; Bossk is secondary enough of a character that even with "inaccuracies" very few are going to notice or take issue with differences or alterations from the screen version.

Whereas Boba or Vader there's a lot of reference images and investment in a particular look that will drive fans to be more critical.

Yeah, SS have actually changed the shape of the head quite a bit, they made it more dramatic, bigger eyebrows and snout, the movie version was a lot rounder. Love him though. There is some small subtle futzing to do with his suit, little things, moving straps, bending tubes etc that make him look even cooler.

Back