1/6 Scale REDMAN TOYS Collectible Figure Accessory Lethal Weapon A & B

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, "you're" spelling is improving...good job, champ! As for which of your posts that I quoted, if you're too dense to recall which ones you can always look at your own recent posts, duh!?! If you still can't tell what you misspelled (while calling other people "idiots," which makes you the funny one), then I rest my case and have no illusions in trying to "learn you" manners. Stupid is...truly in your case...as stupid does.

I never asked you which one of my posts you quoted. In addition (that means also) if i can't spell then how the hell am i ever going to see spelling mistakes, and you think i'm stupid...?

We went over this recently my little bundle of love. Not being able to spell is not an indication of one's IQ. Try and crank your other brain cell into life my light of life.

I don't know what stupid does. If he ever tells me, i'll message you.

What's up with these personal attacks themed on people's lack of intellect? As a kid, were you slapped around in your home and called stoopid all the time? And btw, those two images, yes they're of two different figures, but taken in different lighting and slightly different angles.

Not a personal attack at all, just stating the obvious. if you think someone is calling you stupid (yes, I know how to spell), then my question to you would be, are you? if not, then what do you care?

Redman, Iminime; Redman, Iminime; Redman, Iminime:

21985063784_f6fec2a81e_o.jpg

tuco017_zps5022b16c.jpg

22619054391_524fbd0141_o.jpg

angeleyes002_zps579971f0.jpg

21988242784_42173e285c_o.jpg

blondie003_zps256e3adf.jpg

It's no contest, frankly.

Iminime pictures credit to Ren Dog.

Ren Dog took far better photos under proper conditions.

He didn't stick the camera in their face and blast them with the flash.

I don't have anywhere set up for photos so it's always a problem with any figure.

In hand the Redmans look much closer to the originals. The painting is like Hot Toys', with light and shade, and detailing in the skin.

25578863021_02f9fa1118_o.jpg

25370671410_bf08060e2d_o.jpg

Not a personal attack at all, just stating the obvious. if you think someone is calling you stupid (yes, I know how to spell), then my question to you would be, are you? if not, then what do you care?

You telling someone that they need their head examined is a personal attack. If you don't think so, then no one in return will need to call YOU stupid, you proved that yourself.

Redman, Iminime; Redman, Iminime; Redman, Iminime:

It's no contest, frankly.

Iminime pictures credit to Ren Dog.

I don't think there ever was a contest as far as this thread is concerned, no doubt Iminime's paint app is better because he could afford better effort and closer attention to detail vs the factory line process of Redman's. It's more about how close the Iminime and Redman sculpts are, to the point that possibly there's no recasting but that they were run from the same molds.

I never asked you which one of my posts you quoted. In addition (that means also) if i can't spell then how the hell am i ever going to see spelling mistakes, and you think i'm stupid...?

We went over this recently my little bundle of love. Not being able to spell is not an indication of one's IQ. Try and crank your other brain cell into life my light of life.

I don't know what stupid does. If he ever tells me, i'll message you.

There, it did it again. But your terms of endearment are cute and sweet...I'll take them.

I don't think there ever was a contest as far as this thread is concerned, no doubt Iminime's paint app is better because he could afford better effort and closer attention to detail vs the factory line process of Redman's. It's more about how close the Iminime and Redman sculpts are, to the point that possibly there's no recasting but that they were run from the same molds.

The sculpt is definately 90-95% close, i don't dare to give it more than 95% because they aren't side by side comparison both photos are taken in way different environment & camera.

Can't say anything about the paint, because both are taken under very different conditions.

Camera works can do wonders, make ugly people beautiful & beautiful people ugly.

If only people whom supported Imimine bought Redmans so we can actually do a side by side comparison, but nooo, because people whom bought Imimine products are so fed up that they've paid big bucks for them and now you can get it way cheaper from Redman.

The Tuco and Angel Eyes appear to be first generation recasts - Blondie looks like a second or third generation recast from this cheap eBay sculpt: Custom Made 1 6 Scale Clint Eastwood Head Sculpt Fit Hot Toys Body DVD Cowboy | eBay

The paintwork on the Redman figures are inferior to the Iminime in virtually all pictures I've seen of the Redman figures, even the official ones used to sell the product.

The tailoring and accessory detailing also, as a general rule, are inferior on Redman releases.

If only people whom supported Imimine bought Redmans so we can actually do a side by side comparison, but nooo, because people whom bought Imimine products are so fed up that they've paid big bucks for them and now you can get it way cheaper from Redman.

What? :lol People who support Iminime usually don't buy Redman because it's toxic for Iminime's business, not because we're fed up with price differences. And why would we buy Redman after buying the Iminime when we've already got the superior product? :huh

Can't say anything about the paint, because both are taken under very different conditions.

Camera works can do wonders, make ugly people beautiful & beautiful people ugly.

This is, of course, very true.

There are some sculpts I just can't photograph well, and that applies even to Hot Toys. Redman's own publicity photos weren't even that good.

So when they arrived I didn't really know what to expect.

They'd been packed in the box in GBU order, so Tuco was the one on the top and was opened first. I was stunned by the quality and my first thought was: 'It looks like Hot Toys' paintwork'. It has that same light freckling / skin blemishing. The sculpt itself retains the tiny wrinkles and pores.

What? :lol People who support Iminime usually don't buy Redman because it's toxic for Iminime's business, not because we're fed up with price differences. And why would we buy Redman after buying the Iminime when we've already got the superior product? :huh

just to compare whether or not the Iminime is worth the money? since you already paid big bucks on Iminime, doesn't hurt to buy a Redman just to check them out since they are relatively cheap. The extra Redman can be used for other kit bash too if you don't like doubles.

but if you're a diehard Iminime supporter then forget what i just said.

This is, of course, very true.

There are some sculpts I just can't photograph well, and that applies even to Hot Toys. Redman's own publicity photos weren't even that good.

So when they arrived I didn't really know what to expect.

They'd been packed in the box in GBU order, so Tuco was the one on the top and was opened first. I was stunned by the quality and my first thought was: 'It looks like Hot Toys' paintwork'. It has that same light freckling / skin blemishing. The sculpt itself retains the tiny wrinkles and pores.

it's actually fairly easy to take a proper face shot of your figures even if you have a potato camera. you just need proper lights in your room try take it during daytime, get your steady hands and off your flash, try few settings eventually you should get a better shot because with flash everything looks flat. from what i gather, a tripod with long exposure time will help bring out the details.

too bad you don't have a Iminime to compare with, Iminime photos does give more of a 1/35 model figure type of realistic feel at least for blondie.

it's actually fairly easy to take a proper face shot of your figures even if you have a potato camera. you just need proper lights in your room try take it during daytime, get your steady hands and off your flash, try few settings eventually you should get a better shot because with flash everything looks flat. from what i gather, a tripod with long exposure time will help bring out the details.

I've never really been that much into photography to make the effort. I might do in the future as I'm expanding into a new display room which will give me more room to set up an area.

potato said:
too bad you don't have a Iminime to compare with, Iminime photos does give more of a 1/35 model figure type of realistic feel at least for blondie.

I'd never pay their asking prices.

I could, but I just don't see the value in the outlay vs. display potential.

just to compare whether or not the Iminime is worth the money? since you already paid big bucks on Iminime, doesn't hurt to buy a Redman just to check them out since they are relatively cheap. The extra Redman can be used for other kit bash too if you don't like doubles.

but if you're a diehard Iminime supporter then forget what i just said.

It does hurt though, that's the problem. And most (the vast majority of) people who buy Iminime will realise this and not buy the Redman stuff.

So in hand comparison would be pretty rare. It'd be interesting to see the results though.

It does hurt though, that's the problem. And most (the vast majority of) people who buy Iminime will realise this and not buy the Redman stuff.

So in hand comparison would be pretty rare. It'd be interesting to see the results though.

just like Apple buyers.

I don't think people actually care. I know i don't.

A few pages back i posted pic's of my Iminime DX Cowboy that came with the additional un-hatted sculpt. I got that a minute or so after it went up for pre-order. It cost $520. People have different values for different things, but $520 is nothing for that as far as i'm concerned.

I was recently offered 2K for it. In fact every now and then i get offers for it, and every one is a lot higher than i paid.

I won't sell it, because it's one of my favourite characters in cinema history, but i doubt anyone would be offering serious money for these if they shared your view on being able to get it cheaper.

People are so fed up because they can get it cheaper...? I haven't laughed that hard for a while. Where can we get it cheaper...? Unless you mean the version with the god awful eyes and lipstick, badly fitting vest and pants made by Redman.

You can almost smell it in threads like this. People just want, and i mean really want the Redman copy to be almost as good - as good - slightly better. They want to laugh at the people who paid BIG BIG HUGE HOUSE BUYING BUCKS for the original. They really have this problem that there is a superior vibe going on. You can taste it in the air.

Bottom line is the Redman Cowboy, as much as most people might be rooting for it to be almost as good, just isn't. Period.

EDIT: Pants actually don't look so bad.

Last edited:
still waitin for some side to side comparison before i can decide to boycott Redman due to it's low quality recast, paint & clothes.

Way i see it is like this.

It's wrong to recast, and i don't support it.

With that said, it's like the music and movie business. Piracy is here, and always will be, right or wrong. If it were my business i would be going to these factories with the original files/sculpt and making deals with them, and offering both the hand painted and factory versions.

If i couldn't do that, then i wouldn't be making them at all. Just saying if it were me personally.

As i say, i think it's theft and wrong, but i'd definitely be looking into my own factory versions of my own stuff.

So it's not piracy to turn a profit without going through a license holder? I don't know how you attack one and not the other. I don't think either side is right.

Back