1/6 Scale REDMAN TOYS Collectible Figure Accessory Lethal Weapon A & B

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why this thread has exploded a bit is because you have someone who makes unlicensed figures threatening court action here in the US.

So explain how he should be getting a cut of illegal figures copying his illegal figures? That's crazy.

Denny is upset because Bisonbones was disparaging him, he's not trying to sue to stop Redman.

Denny is upset because Bisonbones was disparaging him, he's not trying to sue to stop Redman.

Yes, I know. You've not understood and just selected a part of my post. Reread what's been said by others before, and my post in it's entirety, because I'm talking about several things there.

Bottom line: someone who breaks the law is threatening to take someone in a different country to court because they don't like what's being said about them and the conspiracy theories (that very few believe anyway).

Y

Bottom line: someone who breaks the law is threatening to take someone in a different country to court because they don't like what's being said about them and the conspiracy theories (that very few believe anyway).

No one is disputing that fact and I never for one insinuated otherwise.

My comment about who "should" get a cut of this and that is in regards to principal and ethics and not legality and the speculation of which I'm not informed of I just remember reading about at one point when the board was being cracked down on, that bootleg laws are different in China somehow.

But it's true you could argue the whole custom market is in essence unethical as it capitalizes off of intellectual properties, and therefore the point is moot anyways.

At the end of the day, as I stated earlier I do doubt Denny has a leg to stand on in terms of legal action, at least in the US against some meaningless Joe blow who is spreading rumors. But then again, those battles are not even worth the trouble.

And at the end of the day it's all par for the corse anyways. It depends on what you collect, the quality you are after and this and that. Some people like limited edition stuff. That I could give a rat's ass about. I want the best version of the best character and that includes quality and accuracy and am willing to pay high but to a limit for these.

Others don't care if they are orange and shiny they want the characters at a reasonable price which is fair too.

So at the end of the day it is well put and I completely agree that there is room in the market for everyone.

But I do empathize with Denny that slander is unwarranted and disrespectful even if there's not much that can be done.

No one is disputing that fact and I never for one insinuated otherwise.

My comment about who "should" get a cut of this and that is in regards to principal and ethics and not legality and the speculation of which I'm not informed of I just remember reading about at one point when the board was being cracked down on, that bootleg laws are different in China somehow.

But it's true you could argue the whole custom market is in essence unethical as it capitalizes off of intellectual properties, and therefore the point is moot anyways.

At the end of the day, as I stated earlier I do doubt Denny has a leg to stand on in terms of legal action, at least in the US against some meaningless Joe blow who is spreading rumors. But then again, those battles are not even worth the trouble.

And at the end of the day it's all par for the corse anyways. It depends on what you collect, the quality you are after and this and that. Some people like limited edition stuff. That I could give a rat's ass about. I want the best version of the best character and that includes quality and accuracy and am willing to pay high but to a limit for these.

Others don't care if they are orange and shiny they want the characters at a reasonable price which is fair too.

So at the end of the day it is well put and I completely agree that there is room in the market for everyone.

But I do empathize with Denny that slander is unwarranted and disrespectful even if there's not much that can be done.

Agree on the most part, yeah. Slander isn't nice.

Law and ethics are supposed to go hand-in-hand but often don't. That's why these Asian bootleggers don't see an ethical problem with copying what they like - their laws are different.

Arguments often break out about bootlegs and customs vs prices vs quality here and really gets tiresome. I've got both in my collection, both are illegal, so therefore collectors like me are helping to promote the behavior from people like Redman, Rainman, Iminime.

I just thought it was comical a guy who breaks US laws is threatening someone with lawyers.

Mike- can you please respond to my repeated unanswered messages in relation to the $150 you promised to repay me FOUR months ago???

I broke my pair down to use some of the parts. The baseball jacket has spent quite a few years in a drawer and is still fine.

Back