1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More great progress made this weekend chaps.
Steering wheel:

Image 58.jpg

Image 59.jpg

Also reworked the intake and made the opening very slightly smaller (thanks PB good call) that looks so much better

Image 55.jpg

Image 56.jpg

Image 57.jpg

Also made a start on the windshield / screen which still need a little tweaking to get it perfect.

Here's a few sneaky peaks with my crash test dummy & an R2

Image 51.jpg

Image 52.jpg

Image 49.jpg

Really pleased with progress over the last few weeks, thank you for your patients fellas.
Also a big thank you :clap to everyone that has contacted me over the last week or so, as there's been a huge increase in interest and pre-orders for this build, we've pretty much sold out :wink1:

The new side grilles are almost done which just leaves me to distress and damage the body work some more and finalise the screen, then just a final quality check and clean up before casting.

Jas

Don't think I posted an image showing the new leg well, its not massive but does the trick.

Image 53.jpg

There a removable hatch / cover which I may get rid of the whole and add a magnet or something so it can be removed easily, will have a think.

Image 59.jpg

Jas

Looking awesome. And that leg well is perfect - it really just needs to hint at lower legs going into it, not actually accomodate feet you'll never see from any angle.

Still curious how on earth you can do the windshield. It's such a complex shape.

Agree, the screen is a bit of a pig to get right, but I think I know where I went wrong on the last prototype so I should nail it this weekend.
Also the material has been delivered for the "stand" :wink1: and after speaking with Pete we have agreed on the design so that will also get made over the weekend.

Exciting times :hi5::yess:

Got quite a few commissions lined up on the build bench after the speeder is done.........you guys aren't gonna believe what other SW builds we have planned for 2019.
No one will ever think to make these iconic and amazing pieces, so I won't let on as you don't know who's lurking :lurking

Jas

Fantastic work on this Jas. The details, fan/client input and reassessment of this piece to retooling are true dedication to this hobby. Can’t wait to see what else you have planned! :clap

Stunning work so far Scratch, I'm not involved in this project but it's been fun peeking into this thread to see the progress.

Good to hear materials for the stand are in the J-Cave mate and I'm excited to see the idea on the speeder rather than 007's Lotus submarine lol. Send me some pics once you've got something tooled up Jay 👍👍👍

Pete

Agree, the screen is a bit of a pig to get right, but I think I know where I went wrong on the last prototype so I should nail it this weekend.
Also the material has been delivered for the "stand" :wink1: and after speaking with Pete we have agreed on the design so that will also get made over the weekend.

Exciting times :hi5::yess:

Got quite a few commissions lined up on the build bench after the speeder is done.........you guys aren't gonna believe what other SW builds we have planned for 2019.
No one will ever think to make these iconic and amazing pieces, so I won't let on as you don't know who's lurking :lurking

Jas

Do you just build a wood shape and do a pull of heated thin plexiglas over it? The old windscreen was a bit off shape-wise but I was amazed how smooth and clear it was.

Very clean detailing on this project overall.:clap

So are the air intakes supposed to be perfectly round like that? They've always looked a bit more oval to me, especially the one on the side...

I know they never look it in the images but the intakes are definitely oval.
All the intakes are identical, this is pre-tweaking and all I have done is reduced the inner opening by a couple of mm.

Image 21.jpg

I'll try and get a better shot this weekend but trust me they are 100% oval / elliptical

Jas

There are spies everywhere...

Remember loose lips, sink Star Ships...
8e71cc847eaee5184107e085b8729cf3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Had a quick venture into the J-Cave last night and the intakes are deffo oval:

Image 60.jpg

I should get most of the last few remaining bits on this Speeder done this weekend :yess:

Jas

Back