1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking amazing!
Is the top center vent circular or oval?

Although it doesn't look like it in some of the images, it's defo oval and the same as the side intakes.
Must be some weird wizard like illusion :gandalf

Image 21.jpg

Jas

This comp pic shows just how awesome this is coming together.:clap

The engines look SO spot-on.

I know the windscreen's being redone, but the one thing I'd say is that the very front of the vehicle seems to need to be a bit more "domed" or rounded - less straight/flat - and it seems like the underside of the body isn't as thick as the upper side (or maybe it slopes in at a sharper angle?,) which makes the 1/6 vehicle body seem slightly too tall or "fat" compared to the full size. Vertically, the full size vehicle body is so super skinny.

But I can't believe that someone has finally built an accurate 1/6 Landspeeder.:yess:

TMmlLWz.png

Just awesome!!!!! Once that windscreen is redone... "it's a BINGO!!!!"

it’s amazing!!! I’m hoping for a deluxe version with springy wheels to simulate the floaty-ness. :)

So cool.

The new dash has been fitted, and I'm far happier with the new look.

Image 34.jpg

Image 35.jpg

Will try and get a more rounded nose and a few other small details this weekend, then it's the tricky casting bit.

Jas

The new dash has been fitted, and I'm far happier with the new look.

View attachment 431499

Will try and get a more rounded nose and a few other small details this weekend, then it's the tricky casting bit.

That looks great !!

Yes, if you can get a more rounded nose that would be a huge huge improvement on the front end look !!

Not sure if it's possible in the way your doing it. But adding some material to bulge the front bumper area out between the grills might help make it look rounded and get the grill "deeper" without doing anything to the grill itself.

P.S If you remember, could you please also take those basic dimensions.

landspeeder-2.jpg

That looks great !!

Yes, if you can get a more rounded nose that would be a huge huge improvement on the front end look !!

Not sure if it's possible in the way your doing it. But adding some material to bulge the front bumper area out between the grills might help make it look rounded and get the grill "deeper" without doing anything to the grill itself.

P.S If you remember, could you please also take those basic dimensions.

View attachment 431520

Yeah that would work nicely.

And that vertical thickness of the body area below the grill (where the bottom of the model seems a bit thicker than the bottom of the full size vehicle) might be able to be downplayed with a shadow color painting if it's too difficult to sand down the whole base of the piece.

I'm amazed at the eye for detail in this piece - how even the vertical struts (barely visible) behind the grill are correctly placed, and the number of grill strips is correct.:horror:clap

What parts of the current design are still open for change/refinement? It's a great work of both art and engineering without question, but IMO, it can still use a lot of changes to element sizes/proportions from an accuracy perspective.

I'm happy to try and make some time to highlight a few areas if there's still the possibility of tweaking, especially since I'm very interested in this piece.

Had to repost this awesome photo. Perhaps not quite the latest level, but a great angle I think.

If it is roughly 600mm long, I guess it will be about 300mm wide. Hopefully a bit less, if I am to fit it in the place I am planning.

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 20.56.33.jpg

I too think the nose wants to be a little rounder ( going from the reference pic ) but I'm also wondering if the angle of the picture is making the body look thicker than it is, Jay could you take a pic of it level and horizontal and if you can one at the same angle as in the pic with Luke sitting in it ?
If you look at the line of bodywork above and below the grills it looks pretty close to the pic to me and that thickness will be the same as it goes around the nose so sanding a bit more of a profile around that area may be all it needs but a flat side on pic of the model will show for sure

The line below the grill on the actual prop has a lighter area at the top and darker at the bottom and that's making it look thinner than it really is to my eye, I think it's just shadow but when I start getting some paint on I'll be able to see if the model casts a shadow there or not and if it looks odd without it I'll be able to paint it in anyway

Pete

What parts of the current design are still open for change/refinement? It's a great work of both art and engineering without question, but IMO, it can still use a lot of changes to element sizes/proportions from an accuracy perspective.

I'm happy to try and make some time to highlight a few areas if there's still the possibility of tweaking, especially since I'm very interested in this piece.

Yeah, this is a pretty important project. This may be the only opportunity to get a 1/6 landspeeder for the next decade or more. It's easily close to 90% screen accurate currently and there's not a huge amount of work to take it the final step.

I too think the nose wants to be a little rounder ( going from the reference pic ) but I'm also wondering if the angle of the picture is making the body look thicker than it is, Jay could you take a pic of it level and horizontal and if you can one at the same angle as in the pic with Luke sitting in it ?
If you look at the line of bodywork above and below the grills it looks pretty close to the pic to me and that thickness will be the same as it goes around the nose so sanding a bit more of a profile around that area may be all it needs but a flat side on pic of the model will show for sure

The line below the grill on the actual prop has a lighter area at the top and darker at the bottom and that's making it look thinner than it really is to my eye, I think it's just shadow but when I start getting some paint on I'll be able to see if the model casts a shadow there or not and if it looks odd without it I'll be able to paint it in anyway

Pete

A couple of top/plan and elevation pics (front, back and side) would be great to clearly see what the issue is, if it exists, as well as to spot any other issues.

Hi all

Unfortunately I've been laid up with a bout of Man flu this weekend :sleep :mummy
so not ventured into the J-cave at all (possibly the only drawback from working in a Hospital with loads of poorly people)

As you know I'm always happy to listen & consider making alterations where needed.

I will definitely be making the nose more rounded.

Happy to review any critique preferably via email with pics as I have better visibility of my emails.

Jas

Hi all

Unfortunately I've been laid up with a bout of Man flu this weekend :sleep :mummy
so not ventured into the J-cave at all (possibly the only drawback from working in a Hospital with loads of poorly people)

As you know I'm always happy to listen & consider making alterations where needed.

I will definitely be making the nose more rounded.

Happy to review any critique preferably via email with pics as I have better visibility of my emails.

Jas

So awesome to be open to suggestions. You’re doing fantastic work here amd I feel embarrassed to make a suggestion, but...

The are above the grill on the sides where likes arm lays is concave...on the model it’s a sharp rounded edge like the nose. If you could sand down the area above the grill on the side I think that would look awesome!!!

Back