1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone got any decent images of the Landspeeder's steering wheel?

Thanks for the help Jas

SpeederDashboard.jpg

After all these years it's never dawned on me that the speeder is righthand drive! Funny :)

What I'm always amazed about is how much smaller it seems with people sitting in it, and also how vertically "thin" the body is.

The body seems to be only 2 feet high/thick, maybe a bit less, and the top of the bubble only maybe 18" above that.

I like how sleek it is from the side view, a subtle slant downward ..instead of an abrupt curve.

B8E2AF53-0125-4104-9277-0599459B86B7.jpeg

Damn that thing is beat up !

What's the plan with the weathering Brondledonk ?

The large "splotchy" chipping doesn't look so realistic, but I guess to be movie accurate you'll need to do it like that ?

View attachment 430022

Yeah it looks really heavy and overdone in some of the pics taken during production and especially the screen used prop but onscreen it doesn't stand out as much, I guess partly due to the way the film was processed and the fact that it's not really on screen in a way that lets you take in the details easily.
if I do it to look like that then it may look accurate to the prop but I don't think it would represent the screen look and the way we remember it in our minds eye.
I think I'll keep the pattern of wear the same but tone it down a notch or 2 and it will still look authentic to the movie but also a bit more realistic too.

as soon as I've got the castings do from Jay I'll paint one up as a test and post the pics so you all can give me some feedback regarding the look that way I can tweak it if needed and then the rest can be done the same way rather than doing them all in one go and then having to correct the whole run

I'm really excited to do this project and I want it to be the best it can be

Pete

Yeah it looks really heavy and overdone in some of the pics taken during production and especially the screen used prop but onscreen it doesn't stand out as much, I guess partly due to the way the film was processed and the fact that it's not really on screen in a way that lets you take in the details easily.
if I do it to look like that then it may look accurate to the prop but I don't think it would represent the screen look and the way we remember it in our minds eye.
I think I'll keep the pattern of wear the same but tone it down a notch or 2 and it will still look authentic to the movie but also a bit more realistic too.

as soon as I've got the castings do from Jay I'll paint one up as a test and post the pics so you all can give me some feedback regarding the look that way I can tweak it if needed and then the rest can be done the same way rather than doing them all in one go and then having to correct the whole run

Pete

Sounds like an excellent plan to me !

I think keeping the pattern of the wear the same but toning it down a bit to be a bit more realistic yet movie accurate sounds perfect.

Sounds like an excellent plan to me !

I think keeping the pattern of the wear the same but toning it down a bit to be a bit more realistic yet movie accurate sounds perfect.

Looking at pictures of full size prop the chips and scuffs look painted on ( because they are lol ) but on the small prop they look a bit more realistic so it may just be a scale thing but I'll definitely tone it down and aim for something that will look like paint that has been rubbed off over time exposing the metal and not something that has been put on top of the finish

Pete

Pete

Sounds great!!

We're getting close now!

Is there a picture of the side of the speeder, looking from the front? I wa wondering if it’s sloping curve or a sharp curve downward on the side?

See pic;

7C8B5302-4BAA-4A21-BD27-242C28EFC18C.jpeg

Seats are all done
Image 31.jpg

I have also decided to tweak the dash board and I'll be lowering it slightly and giving it more thickness.

Image 32.jpg

Left to do:
Dash board minor alterations
Re-do side grilles
Re-do wind shield
Steering wheel & fixings
Stand / base (open to suggestions / ideas here chaps)

Then finally dismantle entire model into cast-able sections to create a "kit" for Pete, whilst ensuring he can still paint all the parts.
First time I've made a cast-able "kit" but still a great learning curve and learnt loads along the way.

Jas

Back