1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest update: Have made a new top / rear engine and tweaked the intakes a little. Not 100% happy with the engine intake grilles as I think the mesh needs to have smaller holes which is an easy fix.

Image 22.jpg

Image 23.jpg

The body and engines are more or less ready for casting with only a few little finishing touches needed, I've made a start on remodelling the cockpit to be more screen accurate. The seats are the first major change:
Image 24.jpg

The centre console needs to be much thinner so that'll be next on my hit list

PS: Must be an optical illusion as it doesn't look it....... but that rear intake is definitely elliptical in shape.....
Image 21.jpg

Jas

Hi chaps as promised a few images of progress.
I have reworked the cockpit and started to add the detail.
All I have left to do on the cockpit is:
Fit and fix the seats, make the steering wheel and a couple of finishing touches on the upper dashboard

Image 25.jpg

Image 26.jpg

Image 27.jpg

This will be done Saturday and then just the last few bits, side grilles, screen then a stand and base.

I'll give the entire model another good once over for any filling & sanding and then the scary bit.......making the moulds :horror

As the RTV rubber is so flipping expensive and this model is so big I need to get it right first time. :pray:

Jas

Seriously amazing work Jay ! Let me know when you are free and we can have a quick Skype and chat about the base and stand as I've got a couple of cool ideas to run past you.

Honestly mate you never cease to amaze me with your skill I'm truly blown away every time

Pete

Hi chaps as promised a few images of progress.
I have reworked the cockpit and started to add the detail.
All I have left to do on the cockpit is:
Fit and fix the seats, make the steering wheel and a couple of finishing touches on the upper dashboard

View attachment 429296

View attachment 429297

View attachment 429298

This will be done Saturday and then just the last few bits, side grilles, screen then a stand and base.

I'll give the entire model another good once over for any filling & sanding and then the scary bit.......making the moulds :horror

As the RTV rubber is so flipping expensive and this model is so big I need to get it right first time. :pray:

Jas

As always - amazing work!

Just thinking... if the RTV rubber is that expensive, have you considered taking deposits now to cover some of the costs? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm more than happy to send some money your way to help it along.

Looking great! Is there a pic of this landspeeder that shows it in a wider side view? In going through the thread, all the pics seem to be either quite close shots or the body is a bit distorted by perspective.

Would love to see the overall profile of this.

Seriously amazing work Jay ! Let me know when you are free and we can have a quick Skype and chat about the base and stand as I've got a couple of cool ideas to run past you.

Honestly mate you never cease to amaze me with your skill I'm truly blown away every time

Pete

Is Sunday any good mate? I'll be in the cave most of the weekend so will drop you a txt.

Back