1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t believe it…….the wait is finally over, first two speeders are cast and fresh out of the mould (will post images later when I get home)
As soon as I get them on the bench I’ll get them together and over to Pete
It’s just a matter of building and finishing then finalising a screen accurate wind shield....the tricky bit.

First few are cast and ready for collection

Image 168a.jpg

Image 170.jpg

Image 168b.jpg

Image 168c.jpg

:) Getting Closer!

Always like seeing your updates on this project.

Really looking forward to seeing the first assembled & painted model.

-
Dennis

Fresh out of the molds, Scratchbuilder and Pete getting close on the first two.:yess:

kyvT15o.jpg

Finally got the first two casts and being really pleased is an under statement :yess:

Image 171.jpg

Image 172.jpg

A little bit of flashing to clean up, which is expected and these are surprisingly solid for a hollow cast.
The guys over at Articole Studios have done a great job :clap and will be using them more often to help me out speed things up for you guys.

Finally got the first two casts and being really pleased is an under statement :yess:

View attachment 477797

View attachment 477798

A little bit of flashing to clean up, which is expected and these are surprisingly solid for a hollow cast.
The guys over at Articole Studios have done a great job :clap and will be using them more often to help me out speed things up for you guys.

:blissy

I am always impressed by these types of projects and the craftsmanship involved. This one in particular is very impressive!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'd like to see a photo of someone wearing these as shoes. Once the engines are on of course.

Did the proto of this get painted after molding, or will the first casts be first to get painted?

Did the proto of this get painted after molding, or will the first casts be first to get painted?

Unfortunately I had to dismantle the prototype as the first moulds I did weren't good enough to cast the numbers needed so had them professionally remade by Articole Studios.
The first two casts will be the first to get painted.

When will we ever see a price for this ? That's not how you do business imo.

He did say you'd be "pleasantly surprised at how affordable this will be," so there's that, but I guess there's affordable to Mark Zuckerberg and then there's affordable to us.:lol

Hoping there'll be some painted pics pop up here soon.:yess:

When will we ever see a price for this ? That's not how you do business imo.

Thank you, Hoody, for your candid feedback it is always welcomed.:duff

I fully understand your frustration :tap:impatient:and everyone?s patience is very much appreciated as always, we all knew that this was never going to be a quick build as there has been numerous changes requested from you guys, improvements from me, moulds remade as I wasn't happy with the quality and so on.

Additionally this isn't my regular occupation or profession so isn?t in all essence of the term a business so doesn't function as one would expect.
I do not earn a living nor have I any desire to get rich from it and is purely a hobby which I am extremely good at I love doing in my spare time.
I very rarely take deposits because I can never fully commit to completion times as a result of my extremely demanding career in the medical imaging sector. (In excess of 70hours per week on some occasions)and provide 24hours on-call in emergencies.
The problem I have is spare time and the lack of it, I have never failed to finish a build and you all know it will be of the very highest of quality, finish and will be well worth the wait.

I have the last ?big Build? on the bench to finish off for Big Chief Studios in time for ComiCon before the Landspeeder can get my full attention.

I am especially bad at pricing and would in reality give stuff away for nothing, so Pete is the brains and looks after that bit as I can?t be trusted :dunno:lol

I really wanted to show the finished build in all its glory, however all being well the Landspeder will be 700 + shipping (GBP)

Jas

Thanks Jas, at least we know where we all stand now price-wise. That's all I wanted.

As far as time. There seems to be enough time spent on other projects, that also led to my frustration.

I'll still be interested to see the painted proto pictures from Pete. Hopefully they are up soon.

Back