1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God, I can't wait for this thing!!!!!!! :)

Its been a long time coming but I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait chaps.
I want this iconic build to be as close to perfect and screen accurate as possible, endless research and feedback from you guys has been absolutely vital and a huge help :hi5: :duff

Have been sent an interesting link of where we can all purchase 3d model files of the speeder: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/vehicle/sci-fi/star-wars-x-34-landspeeder-luk-howercraft

star-wars-x-34-landspeeder-luk-howercraft-3d-model-low-poly-max-obj-3ds-fbx-c4d-lwo-lw-lwsM8EG2G.jpg (Image from CG Trader.com link above)

I'm sure I've seen that exact model somewhere before :naughty

I'm making the trip over to the neighbouring county to meet up with Pete the weekend to exchange a large number of commission builds and chat about some of the truly amazing builds we have planned for the next few years (as our order book is pretty full up), so won’t have much in the way of updates...sorry.

So excited for this!!! Can’t wait.

These new casts are simply mind blowing.

Love your work Jas and the passionate commitment from you and Pete to bring this and all your projects to life.
Congratulations my friend.

Really looking forward to meeting up with you Buddy, it’s been far too long since we had a face to face chat 👍

So excited for this!!! Can’t wait.

These new casts are simply mind blowing.

Love your work Jas and the passionate commitment from you and Pete to bring this and all your projects to life.
Congratulations my friend.

Thanks G really appreciate your kind words.

I'm finally getting through the many commission builds and getting them shipped out :yess:

Jas

So I did a bit of a rough calc and this should fit diagonally into a Stuva sized display.

edit : see attached 1:1 scale sketch with vertical view of Stuva width and depth in blue.

Should be possible to have Ben and Luke and a couple of Sandtroopers standing to the side of the Speeder.

Hope the "meeting of the minds" is going well guys....

Stuva is 600 x 500 x 640mm (WxDxH)

cca33f50f9a1a66a79574536aa2b6e26.jpg

93b1f83064ad80afc31a12958e8a7905.jpg

Screenshot 2019-03-30 at 21.46.28.jpg

And Stuva, last I checked, had the same dimensions as Besta (it was a the time essentially the same parts but in white). A lot of people display in Besta.

Looking good, always nice to see more photos and progress.

I haven't been posting regularly in a long time, but I come back here almost exclusively for this thread - always nice to see progress photos, even of individual parts, regardless of their size.

And Stuva, last I checked, had the same dimensions as Besta (it was a the time essentially the same parts but in white). A lot of people display in Besta.

Looking good, always nice to see more photos and progress.

I haven't been posting regularly in a long time, but I come back here almost exclusively for this thread - always nice to see progress photos, even of individual parts, regardless of their size.

From what I could see Besta and Stuva have the same height and width dimensions, however Besta is only 40cm deep and Stuva is 50cm deep.

With only 40cm depth you'll be struggling to fit the speeder.

From what I could see Besta and Stuva have the same height and width dimensions, however Besta is only 40cm deep and Stuva is 50cm deep..

You're right!

A couple of years back I spent an afternoon at IKEA and manually measured pretty much every single product they carried that could possibly be used as a display cabinet, then I put all the info into a spreadsheet - sure enough, Besta 14" (shelf) to 14 3/4" (cabinet interior - approx 37.5 cm ) deep and Stuva 18 7/8" (approx 48cm) deep. They can use all the same door hardware and you can get just over an additional 1/2" of usable depth with some doors (def. aluminum with glass at the front edge of the frame).

For this speeder (and Dewback and Tauntaun) I made a custom unit where each level is 30" (76cm) wide x 21" (53cm) deep just to make sure everything fit. :)

Looks like it would fit nicely in my Vittsjo as well. Although I'm thinking I may want to have this displayed a bit more out in the open or on a tabletop of some kind...

I'm back over the border now chaps after meeting up with Pete (it's always great to see you mate) and other things.
I'll have a measure up this weekend before I completely dismantle the body for casting.

I'll be going through the final stages in prep for casting which will be done this weekend (I'm on-call at the Hospital, so fingers crossed all is quiet)

More updates Monday

Jas

Just thought I'd show off a few more images with a figure sitting in an accurate movie scale Landspeeder :joy :dance

Image 49.jpg

Image 52.jpg

Image 63.jpg

I've also managed to recreate how low Luke sits in the seat :lol
untitled.jpg

Was really good to see you too Jay, I just wish we had more time to spend there but hopefully you can get over to mine in what passes for summer here in Narnia and I’ll fire up the BBQ and we can have a few beers and a chat 👍
Although I cooked last night and have a fierce bad stomach today lol ( in my defence it’s only me that’s sick so pretty certain it wasn’t the food so you should be safe lol)

Luke fits nicely in there mate and looks the part 👍

Pete

I'll make the 20 hour flight and join you gents for the BBQ! :wave

Looking forward to having this baby sitting on display (with another of your wonderful creations sitting next to it).

Getting excited about how close this is coming to completion.
Any chance you know what the price will be for this beauty?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Getting excited about how close this is coming to completion.
Any chance you know what the price will be for this beauty?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We have a price in mind and just need to finalise a few things before we commit. (weight, packaging, shipping, amazing professional paint job and a few extra little details), so not long left now chaps and it will be well worth the wait.

A couple of years in the development, countless hours of research and the feedback from you guys has been absolutely vital in recreating this iconic movie accurate (and correct scale) Landspeeder...and believe is the only one of this quality currently available anywhere in the world.

Only 30 units being made so is an extremely limited edition build, with a huge waiting list.

Thank you all for your patients and help....you guys are awesome :hi5:

Jas

We have a price in mind and just need to finalise a few things before we commit. (weight, packaging, shipping, amazing professional paint job and a few extra little details), so not long left now chaps and it will be well worth the wait.

A couple of years in the development, countless hours of research and the feedback from you guys has been absolutely vital in recreating this iconic movie accurate (and correct scale) Landspeeder...and believe is the only one of this quality currently available anywhere in the world.

Only 30 units being made so is an extremely limited edition build, with a huge waiting list.

Thank you all for your patients and help....you guys are awesome :hi5:

Jas

Haha, ironic typo - I seem to recall you saying you work at a hospital. Physical patients there and your SW mental patients over here.:lol

Back