1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Pete

I sent these pics to Jas months ago but they could be of the prop & not the on screen Speeder?
Either way, looking forward to the paint up as I can see this piece replacing my HT '89 Batmobile & DeLorean as the stand out vehicle in my collection. It's SW first, with everything else a distant second. [emoji16][emoji106]
e97e27816814ef74c86a12047166a785.jpg
79a419333de14699243701f06bfe2842.jpg
1a1ff5ab1d72b57cca5d05a2a002811c.jpg
f3bcee1a393ebfa866d1abc96715a19e.jpg
e92876ee777d91d8394ec985cd9e84e9.jpg
ed75cb6244efd978c67b04e14fc68b6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Those top couple of shots are awesome! Where'd you get them?

@Peter_B
Lovely pics Pete thank you, some excellent reference for the pattern of the weathering in those and will be very useful to me come paint time 👍

@Mandible
I’ve go to get myself a pair of those pink shorts to wear while painting the speeders now lol 😂

Pete

@Peter_B
Lovely pics Pete thank you, some excellent reference for the pattern of the weathering in those and will be very useful to me come paint time ��

@Mandible
I’ve go to get myself a pair of those pink shorts to wear while painting the speeders now lol ��

Pete

Gonna hold you to that Pete! We will need photo evidence :rotfl

Is there any info on this regarding price, date of availability, etc?

Sean
According to some of the posts above we should have an idea of price and availability before the end of Feb. Of course I am open to correction by Jas.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

After a bit of disaster with the first moulds (never added enough catalyst) I've now made a new set:

Image 65.jpg

I use extremely high quality impact resistant resin which is much harder than Foamex (Foamboard), picks up incredible detail better on complex shapes that flat sheet just couldn't manage and it accepts paint remarkably well.

This is a great way to recreate accurate scale models and movie replicas and a very popular technique that most us professionals modellers have used for many years.

Image 66.jpg

Image 67.jpg

Image 68.jpg

A quick test fit:

Image 71.jpg

I'm really really pleased with the result and can't thank you guys enough for your patients, a build of this level just can't be rushed and I'm hoping to get the first complete cast over to Pete by the end of the Month.

If you wonderful people have any ideas on paint now may be the time to jump in.

PS: There has been so much interest with this build that I've made a second set of moulds as I don't think a single mould would make it till the end.

TBC but I'm fairly confident it won't be as expensive as Jabba :wink1:

Jas

I'm pretty sure the words were "you'll be pretty surprised at how reasonable the cost will be".

Hope that is still the case Jas :)

I've had to break the golden rule by venturing into my workshop after work in the evening to get the builds moving along a bit quicker.

This is due to the huge amount of pre-orders, one-off builds and a very special secret project we've been commissioned by a large and well known 1/6th scale figure manufacturer / distributer to create an amazing fully licensed build to be showcased at San Diego ComiCon in July...so I'm getting my finger out.

Already have intakes and exhausts cast for 2 Speeders and a perfect cast every time .....so far :pray:
Image 72.jpg

I’m really excited to be part of the project for SDCC still can’t believe they picked us, but then we are pretty awesome Jay lol

Come up with a good but simple compromise last night, as a rule I don't go in the workshop on an evening after work.
I thought as my workshop is attached to the house, I've just moved the casting into the dining room :hi5:

It goes without saying I've been given the customary warning from my better half....not to make a mess. :thwak

Not had a single failed cast (yet)....think I'm getting the hang of this :yess: and its only taken 30 years.

Image 73.jpg

Think I'll do these in batches of 5 if that's OK Pete as our pre-orders are pretty full all year and don't want to drop a tonne of paint jobs on you at once buddy?

Scary bit this weekend as its time to disassemble the body ready for casting :panic:

if I’m being honest I’d rather have them in one go purely as it will be easier for me to keep the paint jobs consistent and they all will need to be done however many I get at a time lol

Back