1/6 Scale Greedo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am amazed with your dedication & efforts to creat the perfect Greedo.

Should the acetone bath for the ears not work,have you thought of maybe checking the ears of the applause Greedo?...or would that be too small?

Also,seeing your method to widened the head reminded me of a trick A fellow did way back on the planet of the apes thread.His thing was taking sideshow apes & opening their mouths.He would cut a slit for the mouth,sqeeze the head where the mouth was atthe desired opening & fill the head with hotglue.Once it cooled,it held the mouth open allowing the inside to have the tounge & teeth sculpted.I did one myself with good results.
Anyway,where i'm getting at,perhaps you could shoot some hot glue in the crack created by the screwdriver wedged in there to hold it in that position.

WOW! THANKS for that idea! I was going to fill the gap with magic sculp, but hot glue is way cheaper! ;) I'll fill it with hot glue, add back the mohawk, and then add a final layer of magic sculp to hide the mohawk edge and cut lines before painting.

THANKS! :)

Now for the shrunken plastic. It sat drying overnight and here is the end result:

attachment.php

It seems to have shrunk the plastic a little bit at the bottom and maybe expanded the top just a bit. Hmmmm....... I'll wait a little longer to see if it changes any more.

Looking awesome man... great attention to detail and the eye just sparkle.

Not sure if you could keep the relfectors in or not... kind of hard to tell in a photo how it actually reacts to light in person.

Hey gang. I've been working on other figures while I figured out how to shrink Greedo's ears. I found a way, thanks to Dorgmal Snow! THANKS BUDDY! After a couple failed attempts, I FINALLY did it. Here is the result:
attachment.php

I think they are now the proper size! (and PLEASE forgive the air bubbles) :)

I also filled in the head gashes on Greedo with hot glue (THANKS enaud!) and used Magicsculp to cover that up and remove the mohawk edge:
attachment.php

I still need to sculpt in the bumps and detail lines to match the rest of the head before I paint it all up.

Now, when I tried to attach the new ears to Greedo I made a new discovery (I think?) I couldn't match the side shots of Greedo with the front on shots no matter what I did and it was driving me NUTS! I fiddled with it until I noticed something.... We all know that Greedo in the shots of Han and Greedo were played by Paul Blake while the front-on shots of Greedo were re-shot later with Maria De Aragon. We also know that two different costumes were used in the two different series of shots, giving us two different on-screen Greedos if you really payed attention. I knew the body suits were the same, and maybe the blaster, but the hands and vest were always different and I knew that. What I never realised was that there were two different MASKS used as well! Pretty cool discovery, I think. What do you think?

EXHIBIT A!
These are captures of the Paul Blake Greedo, the side being from the famous "Going somewhere Solo?" shot with Han from ANH, and the rest are from the original Cantina footage that was never used. Notice Greedo's ears. They are pretty low on Greedo's head here with this mask:
attachment.php

EXHIBIT B!
And here is a screen cap of the Maria De Aragon Greedo scene, and side views of her in costume from behind the scenes. Notice how high on the head the ears are on this mask:
attachment.php

This above Aragon mask, to me, was the iconic Greedo in my head that I was trying for with this custom. I'm still going for this look for him, and now that I realise where his ears now go from the side and front, I came up with this rough mock up:
attachment.php

What do you all think?

Last edited:
wow man, you just keep on tweaking and taking it to the next level.................:panic:

looks pretty damn killer so far................:clap

Thanks guys! :hi5:

When you say two masks, you mean two pulls from the same mold worn by two different sized heads (thereby distorting it differently), right? Or two totally different sculpts/molds?

It seems to me that maybe Greedo's head sculpt mold maybe didn't include the ears and maybe they were added after, before they painted up the masks. Maybe that is why one mask had lower ears and one had higher ears? But I do believe that they were two pulls from the same mold. Not sure if the lower/higher ears are from distortion only.

...Or this is all just Uncle George screwing with us from the past! :rotfl

feroze13 you are TOO KIND! And FULL OF IT! :D

swsqueakquels, what Dorgs taught me was to mix in Mineral Spirits into the silicone mix when casting the ears. The next day I removed the ear parts making the mold. A month or so later, the mold shrinks depending on how much spirits you added to the silicone mix. I got it right on the third try. :slap

You can also use alginate. (stuff dentists use to cast your teeth) It is crap compared to silicone for moulding but it does pick up lots of detail and is quicker if you want to make a shrink mould; slap it all on the object, take object out (its really delicate however) then wait a day and then you have a smaller, although slightly deformed mould of the object. You can then make a cast from that and then another shrink mould of that and so on and so on till you can make an icecube tray out of your own face :rotfl

I'd say the rate of deforming wouldnt be noticeable on aliens, and you'd probably be able to do it once or twice without human features becoming wacky.

Hey gang. Now that the work on the Shadow Speederbike PF is finished, I had more quality time with Greedo. First, here some reference pics I used for this figure project.

I was never quite happy with the belt Greedo came with. It just felt that the Hasbro Greedo wanted to be just like Han Solo when he grew up, so he bought a belt just like his! :D
I believe the belt and shoes are based on the belt and shoes Hasbro gave their Greedo figure here:
attachment.php

Now, based on these pics and screen caps his belt is WAY off:
attachment.php

In this pic his belt just makes it onscreen at the bottom:
attachment.php

attachment.php

I think Gentle Giant has it right based on their statue of Greedo here. Also notice his shoes:
attachment.php

So, it seems to me, that Greedo is wearing a Stormtrooper belt, with Imperial belt box greeblies (sideways) added to it. No secondary belt and a regular brown leather holster.

Last edited:
Here's more reference of Greedo and the other Rodians. I believe they all wore the same costumes, and wore Stormtrooper shoes on their feet.

I believe this is Paul Blake as Docking Bay 94 not-Greedo:
attachment.php

Note- no holster:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So here is the belt I came up with, based on all the above reference, and pausing the new Bluray. I used the SS Greedo holster, added some more leather to it to lengthen it and give it the extra strap and belt loops. I cast up some Imperial belt boxes that SS Greedo came with and painted them all silver, and made the belt out of white ribbon and leather:
attachment.php

And here are his shoes. I want the same look as the reference, except for that dang wide band, so I may switch these out for some SS Stormtrooper shoes later or grind down that Hasbro inspired band so the pants can go over them properly. But basically I used gaffer tape to close the front of the shoes to make the boot tops thinner and painted them white:
attachment.php

Then I took the stitching out of the pant bottoms, so I could re-sew them and take out the taper in the pant cuffs that SS did:
attachment.php

The right pant leg is wider now to go over the boot tops. This is as wide as I could get them:
attachment.php

I widened the left after I took the pic. ;)

And here he is, the body is finished:
attachment.php

Of note: I printed out the image of the exclusive Han Solo WANTED poster and folded it up, stashing it in his vest pocket, that you can see in the front-on shot. :)

I think I broke the right wrist peg though. DANG thin wrist pegs! HOW do I fix THAT!? :monkey2

Next, to finish off the head!

Last edited:
Back at it, Brinn! :clap

Of all things, it was the belt that always bugged me. I knew it was so wrong from the get-go. SO GLAD you showed us the light here. That's a great mod! Expertly done belt! And the new shoes too.

damn here you go again.............:lol

these mods look freakin' awesome..............thanks for knocking the shine off of mine......:pfft:......:wink1:

Back