1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

I got mine yesterday. Great figures. I sold the red robed one to Les as I just wanted the deformed one, but they are both impressive figures. Well done SS.

I have to admit I won't miss the Buck body though. Yet another figure ( my deformed one ) where the left arm is VRY hard to work with and does not want to hold position.

...Yet another figure ( my deformed one ) where the left arm is VRY hard to work with and does not want to hold position.

I have the same issue, I'm afraid. :( Might be worth the price increase if they can cure this issue.

More of the same...

2276848363_08d80b89af.jpg
2276848197_40ec31b253.jpg

2277639738_4d7de71ae0.jpg

Great images! I am so glad at how well Chancellor Palpatine turned out....this was one I have been very excited about. Just a great job. I know most were anticipating Sidious, but I have loved the character of Palpatine in the PT.

I got my loose Sidious body and set of hands which I ordered from Toy Anxiety. I just the Hasbro POTF Emperor robes over him and he looks so Sithly sick. I love it! :inlove :emperor

I got my loose Sidious body and set of hands which I ordered from Toy Anxiety. I just the Hasbro POTF Emperor robes over him and he looks so Sithly sick. I love it! :inlove :emperor

Witha little help for the hood, he does indeed look quite nice with a $20 figure robe, just imagine when SSC makes one :drool

H.jpg

Monk, your pics are the best!
I had to cancel Palps due to shortage of funds (along with Medi Maul) and seeing your pics almost makes me regret it.

Witha little help for the hood, he does indeed look quite nice with a $20 figure robe, just imagine when SSC makes one :drool

H.jpg

If only that hood was a little bigger! I wish the cloak he puts on after office fight was the exclusive for this set. It could've been used with figure. Still pretty cool shot though.

If only that hood was a little bigger! I wish the cloak he puts on after office fight was the exclusive for this set. It could've been used with figure. Still pretty cool shot though.

A good thought, but then in essence, it would just about have been a ROTJ figure, and from a business standpoint, no one would buy a ROTJ Emperor down the line if they basically had it with this set. To be true to ROTJ, the sculpt would have to be a little different as the ROTS makeup was more thorough for the moments you see Sidious without a hood shadowing from his cheeks back. SSC is good for detail and would do a new sculpt for Jedi, so we'll get the Sith robe with that figure when they get to it, and I'm sure, based of the costumes in this set, it'll be spectacular. The Hasbro body to the robe was nice, and the hood is ok but for the way the neckline slopes and makes it small in the back, but the opening in the front is pretty much the right size, just needs something to hold it in place and keep shape.

I don't consider mine an ROTJ kitbash. I consider it an end of ROTS kitbash.

Nope. Not until Sideshow does one. I like what Medicom does but it is just too pricey for me.

I don't consider mine an ROTJ kitbash. I consider it an end of ROTS kitbash.

That's really the most effective option you have taking an Emperor's Sith robe to this Sidious figure, but in the pricey market of 1/6 figures, if people could have gotten the Sith robe with this Sidious, despite it not being a portrait really true to Jedi, they'd still be content with this Sidious as their Emperor figure. As it is done, if people want ROTJ Emperor, they'll have to get that figure or hope to find a parted out robe on eBay or Toy Anxiety. Course if they make his throne chair, everyone'll be on that like a fat kid on a cupcake.

I was looking on toyanxiety's webpage every hour waiting for the parts to be posted. The Sidious body was gone in a matter of minutes. I was lucky. My computer kept timing out so I just called him on the phone and ordered it. :D

I was looking on toyanxiety's webpage every hour waiting for the parts to be posted. The Sidious body was gone in a matter of minutes. I was lucky. My computer kept timing out so I just called him on the phone and ordered it. :D

They can thank me for boosting sales proving you can make a good looking Emperor / End ROTS figure with him :lol I kid I kid.

Per a friend's request...

2277564371_397ce2f84a.jpg

I actually watched this fight frame-by-frame in an attempt to find the best pose, so this scene is actually film-accurate ... at least, insomuch as I can make it. I mean, it's three figures duking it out on my dining room table. What am I gonna do?

Really nice posing work Monk. I think I'll try those poses at the next rotation. :D

Nikon D200 with a SB-28DX flash.

Another one...

2277703055_46f3bcbfb7.jpg

That should be it for now. I have Obi-wan coming in tomorrow, so I'll have to save some energy for him.

Back