1/6 Peter Weller Robocop head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prefused

Super Freak
Reaction score
i just picked up the McFarlane 1/6 battle damaged figure for $12 and i want to turn it into this.
robocop_l.jpg

i've wanted a Weller Robocop since i was little and nobody will make one. so, is there anybody on here who has access to, or can make a good Weller head?

this is easily the most important question ever asked on here, so let's make this happen.

i just picked up the McFarlane 1/6 battle damaged figure for $12 and i want to turn it into this.
robocop_l.jpg

i've wanted a Weller Robocop since i was little and nobody will make one. so, is there anybody on here who has access to, or can make a good Weller head?

this is easily the most important question ever asked on here, so let's make this happen.

I picked up a loose Robocop1 body on ebay so i could battle damage it up and make a Weller Robo. So to answer your question... I've scheduled to make Robo Weller head already :D

I picked up a loose Robocop1 body on ebay so i could battle damage it up and make a Weller Robo. So to answer your question... I've scheduled to make Robo Weller head already :D
co-inky-dink.

are you using a head that already exists, or sculpting it from scratch?

yeah, i was considering getting one of those. but it has the chin guard for some reason, and i'm just not cool with that.
also, i dunno how well i could paint it myself. and if it doesn't end up looking like Weller, then i don't see the point.

Have you seen the likeness on the HotToys one? It's not exact, but it's not bad.
i own the HT one and there's no likeness to speak of.
but, i'm not about to try and customize a $70 figure.
i'll just leave the helmet on the HT figure and mess with the McF one i got for $12.

oh, and i totally sent you a pm about those AvP snap kits a while ago and never heard back. do you still want to sell?

Yup...avoid that guy's casts. Never heard anything positive about them.

The original is the head included with the Horizon 1/6 Robocop vinyl kit. They were selling pretty cheaply last time I looked, so it's a good alternative and for not much more than the crappy resin recast.

Yup...avoid that guy's casts. Never heard anything positive about them.

The original is the head included with the Horizon 1/6 Robocop vinyl kit. They were selling pretty cheaply last time I looked, so it's a good alternative and for not much more than the crappy resin recast.
if that's from the Horizon kit, then what's this from?
https://cgi.ebay.com/12-ROBOCOP-HUM...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
that head doesn't have the chin guard, it looks more like the movie.

did the Horizon head have the chin guard? and is that the head you're using?

if that's from the Horizon kit, then what's this from?
https://cgi.ebay.com/12-ROBOCOP-HUM...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
that head doesn't have the chin guard, it looks more like the movie.

did the Horizon head have the chin guard? and is that the head you're using?

That's a recast of the Huia 1/6th Robocop kit. Very rare, but it did not have the chin strap. The Horizon kit did, however.

And yeah, both of the finished kits had a very similar pose, but the sculpting on the Huia was definitely not as sharply defined as the Horizon kit. I think the Huia came first, but was a Japan-only kit whereas the later Horizon version was sold in the US. I bought my first Horizon kit back in '92-93 or so.

umm a friendly advice... avoid those... they are not in scale with HT or McFarlane Robocop...

Thai recast vinyl are complete rubbish.... dont even bother ... fully deformed and lost all facial details!

heh. just found that Huia kit on ebay... $130. it even almost has the same box design as the Horizon kit.
umm a friendly advice... avoid those... they are not in scale with HT or McFarlane Robocop...

Thai recast vinyl are complete rubbish.... dont even bother ... fully deformed and lost all facial details!
yeah, i learned that the hard way a long time ago and they can't trick me twice.

are you sculpting the head, or re-working the HT one?

Thanks for the advice on the thai model kits xeno. I was thinking of getting one of their T-800 endo's for the arms & legs to use with a battle damaged arnie I'm working on.

Ive been working on one Ive had both the ones from the kits but they look nothing like weller.

Billy

When it looks better ill post some pics its been an on again off again project.

Billy

ha! that's awesome.
don't think i've ever seen custom 6" mcfarlane stuff.

is that head sculpted, or is it a re-worked head from another figure?

Back