1/6 Mal Pistol WIP Update-8/27

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Mal Pistol WIP Update-3/23

His is rough and is missing detail--from his site, what i can see is the barrel looks round, while it should have 8 sides, it's missing all the bolts and screws details, the trigger is molded into the gun. He also painted it wrong, the metal part in between the wood, including the trigger should be a steel color, not bronze. So mine will have the right details and be sharper and smoother.

Casting in metal isn't an issue, it's that he probably sculpted it by hand.

I'm also checking into painting options, the place I'm working with can do painting, but I don't know how much it would cost. Otherwise I'll do some tests on my own, so you guys can have that option.

If you could cast in resin for less cost, then I would welcome saving a few dollars given the money already spent on Stevo's. The crispness of detail is what I am hoping for.

Darth, why not post a list of those who you've got orders from. Just like to check and make sure I'm on the list.

Old Grandpa

Re: 1/6 Mal Pistol WIP Update-3/25-Lists

Hi Darth, I emailed you with an order on Tuesday - hopefully you received it? Have re-sent it just in case.

Many thanks!

I'm interested if not too late.

Added you to the list on the first page, make sure to email me though so I'll be able to email you when we start doing payments.

I'm just waiting for the new place to give me the full cost information. They have to go over the model and see how much it costs to make and figure if it needs any changes for printing/casting

Re: 1/6 Mal Pistol WIP Update-3/28

Just sent you an email as well, sorry for taking so long :slap

Sent you a PM. I want 2 painted.There hasn't been an up dated in 10 days, is this project still alive? Got an update?

Old Grandpa

Sent you a PM. I want 2 painted.There hasn't been an up dated in 10 days, is this project still alive? Got an update?

Old Grandpa

Yes, project is definitely still alive--the company that I'm getting to do this does the 3D printing for many collectible companies, including Sideshow and Gentle Giant, etc. So we are waiting until they are ready to do it.

Yes, project is definitely still alive--the company that I'm getting to do this does the 3D printing for many collectible companies, including Sideshow and Gentle Giant, etc. So we are waiting until they are ready to do it.

Sounds great. This will be the last item that I need to complete my Capt. Mal.

Old Grandpa

Back