1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joking aside, I just post the image straight from the hosting site without any changes to it.

Is there an option to resize the image on the site you are using mate ?

Pete

Here we go again with a few more pics ( bigger than Jay's you'll notice :rotfl )

Getting the shading on now nearly there but again a few hours of constant spraying has caused me to stop.

These just need a bit more at the top mainly inside the recesses above the door then I can get the step done and fine tune everything to blend the finish together

The Big boy v3.0 is getting there too ( as the others it needs the bits above the door doing )

Here we go again with a few more pics ( bigger than Jay's you'll notice :rotfl )

Getting the shading on now nearly there but again a few hours of constant spraying has caused me to stop.

These just need a bit more at the top mainly inside the recesses above the door then I can get the step done and fine tune everything to blend the finish together

The Big boy v3.0 is getting there too ( as the others it needs the bits above the door doing )

Looking bloody great fellas!
Just wondering, but do you finish the paint app with a matt clear coat or are they left as is?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looking bloody great fellas!
Just wondering, but do you finish the paint app with a matt clear coat or are they left as is?

Cheers Pete

I will wait until the end and see how it looks. I don't need a clear coat to seal the finish as I'm using lacquer thinner but I will buff the finish with Micromesh to take away any dusty overspray and if it puts too much shine on then I'll give it a very light coat to dull it down.

The movie shows quite a reflective surface but I don't think that would look right in scale so I'm leaning toward a Matt/semi Matt finish.

Pete

Cheers Pete

I will wait until the end and see how it looks. I don't need a clear coat to seal the finish as I'm using lacquer thinner but I will buff the finish with Micromesh to take away any dusty overspray and if it puts too much shine on then I'll give it a very light coat to dull it down.

The movie shows quite a reflective surface but I don't think that would look right in scale so I'm leaning toward a Matt/semi Matt finish.

Pete
I'll be satisfied either way. Was just wondering about the process.
This is my first custom piece & i've already placed an order for another.
Very impressive work guys. 😃👌

I'll be satisfied either way. Was just wondering about the process.
This is my first custom piece & i've already placed an order for another.
Very impressive work guys. ����

No worries mate

I always tend to alter things as I go along depending on what I think looks best ( translates to " I fly by the seat of my pants " ) so the process isn't fixed by any means lol

For instance the mottling on the doors looks very heavy in the pics and not so much in hand but I've got my eye on it and I know that once the step is painted that it will change how it looks so I'll wait until the steps finished and unmasked and if I think it's too heavy I'll blend it in some more on all of them. But I've learned over time with my models to not paint for the camera so I'll wait and see how it turns out and of course I'll post pics.

Also I want to say that if anyone sees something that looks wrong or has a concern of any kind regarding the finish then just shout out as I'm open to suggestion and it's never too late to change something during the painting
at the end Of the day Jay and I just want you guys to be happy

I'll also take some pics in different lighting once they are done to try and give everyone an idea of how they look to the eye.

Pete

No worries mate

I always tend to alter things as I go along depending on what I think looks best ( translates to " I fly by the seat of my pants " ) so the process isn't fixed by any means lol

For instance the mottling on the doors looks very heavy in the pics and not so much in hand but I've got my eye on it and I know that once the step is painted that it will change how it looks so I'll wait until the steps finished and unmasked and if I think it's too heavy I'll blend it in some more on all of them.

I'll also take some pics in different lighting once they are done to try and give everyone an idea of how they look to the eye.

Pete
Mate, i trust you boys won't ship those out until you're 100% satisfied with your work. 😃👍

Mate, i trust you boys won't ship those out until you're 100% satisfied with your work. ����

You beat me to it, I was just adding a few words to my post lol

Pete

You beat me to it, I was just adding a few words to my post lol

Pete
I've been in the signage industry for 27 years & am a qualified old school sign writer, so my OCD drives me insane. My saying was & still is " if I was a customer, would I be happy to hand over my hard earned for that end product? "
If the answer was no, then i'd work on it until i was.
I'm certain the same would apply for most customisers out there. You boys look like you enjoy what you do & enjoy producing these great detailed pieces, so i am 100% confident that these pieces with be absolutely bang on! 👌

Not gonna lie, the difference in tone from the frame to the door really adds to the realism. Really emotes that they're different pieces of metal. Beautiful work!

Thanks guys :hi5:

Another day another update

I have done a bit more to the shading and decided I wanted the recesses to look a bit darker so a quick mask and a blast of dark grey

Can see the difference between the darker recess on the left Against the untouched one

All the rest done too

The fascia panels that go over the lights aren't fitted yet so the diffusion isn't there but I really wanted to see it lit up.

Getting there now and not long to go but will update again over the weekend hopefully with some decent pics in better light

Pete

Back