1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised a quick progress check.
Got most of the light boxes cleaned up and started fitting the LEDs and wiring.
Have run out of aluminium foil tape :slap won't be able to get more until Monday

Have made some more progress than in the pic, once these light boxes are together the rest of the build is a little simpler (apart from the base/platform).
Believe it or not the base has over 40 separate components :horror and has to be made one at a time.
Thank goodness the adhesive is quick drying :impatient:

This display piece will look amazing on the wall, with Luke and Leia. I can't wait for it to be finished and on display. :rock2

I did consider wall mounting this build originally as it would look epic, the only problem now is the power cord is in the way.
I have had to move it to the back so it will be hidden when on display and viewed from the front.
If anyone is thinking of wall mounting theirs could they drop me an email please to discuss the options?

Thanks Jas

How about running a thin channel in the back to house the power cord? Have it exit the bottom backside of the base via a notch, so that it can then run down the wall and be plugged into the wall? This would allow the piece to lay flush against the wall.

The power cord won't look pretty running down the wall but at least it would allow the option to display the piece on the wall, if so desired.

I think having it on the wall would look great and provide that long "chasm" effect to the display.

I agree that this would look awesome hung on the wall.
Just thought of an even better solution :wink1: a little more work but is definitely the right move.
Will make a test rig to see if it's possible over the next few days and post if (when) it works.
I'm pretty confident it'll work perfectly.
Jas

Looking good Jas! Now You are going to make me want the speeder as well. The stuff you and Peter make always looks so good!

Thanks for the updates! And on another note....is that a 1/6 Landspeeder I see there?! :horror

Hi Spudtrooper, yeah sorry about that didn't realise it was in shot until I starting getting the PMs & emails
That is the 1/6 prototype which is currently under development, its not that far off production, however we will be fulfilling our current orders first then make an effort to get the speeder and other Indy builds underway.
There's already a fair few reserved and almost sold out, as this will be another limited edition run, we haven't got a price or official release date as yet.
Feel free to drop me an email for more but limited details
Thanks Jas

Looking good Jas! Now You are going to make me want the speeder as well. The stuff you and Peter make always looks so good!

Thanks for the kudos Pete.
Its really important to us that you guys like what you see and receive, so always very much appreciated.
If you do fancy a Speeder I'd be quick, as they are being reserved and there's not many left :wink1:

Jas

Build is progressing well chaps, busy CNC'ing all of the components.
Currently finishing off and quality checking the light boxes, have altered how I put these together very slightly to help Pete with his masking.
I've kept the back edge "open" so I can insert a single mask behind the light apertures but in front of the frosted "lens/glass" so Pete can work his magic, remove the mask and reseal the edge. Should work great and save Pete days of painstakingly cutting out individual masks for each light opening.
Will post some pics in a week or so once all of the parts are machined, cleaned up and I start the assembly.
Jas

May have figured out how this build can be either wall mounted or displayed in a cabinet.
I can add a second power socket, so one in the rear for display in a cabinet and another under the base if hung on the wall.
Which ever isn't used will be hidden :yess:
Just working on how the best way to hang it will be now, won't hold up progress much as I'm not quite at that stage of the build yet.
If anyone has a Luke and Leia that would be displayed with this build, could they weigh them and let me know, as i'll need to do a weight test.
Thanks
Jas

May have figured out how this build can be either wall mounted or displayed in a cabinet.
I can add a second power socket, so one in the rear for display in a cabinet and another under the base if hung on the wall.
Which ever isn't used will be hidden :yess:
Just working on how the best way to hang it will be now, won't hold up progress much as I'm not quite at that stage of the build yet.
If anyone has a Luke and Leia that would be displayed with this build, could they weigh them and let me know, as i'll need to do a weight test.
Thanks
Jas
Leia 190 gm
Luke 260 gm

[emoji2] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back