1/6 Jason Line - Water Treatment?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moe Szyslak

Super Freak
Reaction score
For anyone that collects the 1/6 Jason line or the 1/6 Dead line....

Has anyone tried giving their figures the "water treatment"?

I've seen this on Star Wars collector sites, where they simply remove accessories and soak the figure in water. They then squeeze the outfit to the shape of the figure and then let the figure air-dry.

Once dry the clothes look worn and more authentic. I was going to try it w/ a Dead figure first before I started on the Jasons, but wondered if anyone who has tried it might have pics???

Should work, though I dont trust SS's crappy pink blood not to bleed more. I know with my customs I get a strong effect by doing something similar with soaking clothing areas selectively with future floor polish + a little ink.

water treating is a great way to get clothes to hang more naturally. however sometimes the dye will run/bleed, depends on the fabric. so far the things i have water treated have turned out great. you should test them first though just to make sure.

I can confirm that the water treatment does work. Way back when I did that on Hasbro Star Wars figures and it worked great. Another customizer told me back then that in addition if you take the clothes and soak them in coffee it gives the clothes a more worn tint to them that looks cool. Almost like slightly dying them in a way. I also do a wet wash treatment on my Jason customs that come out real well. For example if you want the shirt to have a swampy green or brown look you take both of those colors and mix it in water. Then with a big paint brush you dip it in and paint it right on the article of clothing while on the figure. The clothing becomes wet and at the same time inherits the colors from the paint without it being too thick or overwhelming.

The blood colors from the SS shirts do not bleed at all. I have dyed and wet wash a lot of them. Check it out.

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

how long do you soak them ?? and put them back on while wet and air dry on the figure? I have never heard of this ,I am new to this Thanks for the help guys

Back