1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, those HT belts and straps break like butter. Get them wet or try to paint wash them to add dirt and forget it.

Yup... 7 years sitting quietly in his detolf… I walk past and have the bright idea to gently pull it down his hip a little... SNAP!! :banghead

I may have to get me one of those. Hell, I have his holster, belt and whip already -- might as well complete the leather goods.

tenor.gif

:rotfl Work’s been hell so I can never get on here. Gotta make it count when I do.

But I do wholeheartedly recommend the mfisher strap. I bought a HT bag new on eBay and the strap just snapped itself on the way over. Mike’s looks 20 times better and it matches all his other gear.

Yep, gotta... do it. :)

Those straps are ridiculous over time. I also had a spare I bought of ebay and when I put my Indy together recently I broke the original strap while weathering it, so I grabbed the unused one and of course it snapped too in the process of gentle futzing. It was like... paper.

I half-assed repaired it where it doesn't show but I'm paranoid to even touch the bag now. Good thing about Mike's strap is that I don't need to take off Indy's jacket to put it on. Just slide it thru and connect...

Can i ask. I know the length of the recent jackets we had aren't accurate as many say. So i found this image of someone wearing a raiders jacket. Is the length accurate? fcab5dd90d8da597c421a9fc90a2511c.jpg

Can i ask. I know the length of the recent jackets we had aren't accurate as many say. So i found this image of someone wearing a raiders jacket. Is the length accurate? View attachment 431979

No, it is not accurate. The only thing that is accurate is pausing the Blu-ray.
Harrison wearing the jacket during the Production of RAIDERS is the only accurate reference.

The biggest issue with all of the jackets that are in 1/6th scale so far from Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc., is that they always have the pants pulled up way too high on him, look at stills from the film, Harrison’s belt is hanging right around his hips, which makes sense as you need the bone structure for the belt to support holding a heavy firearm in a holster. Hence, his pants are generally hanging lower, hence the jacket needs to be longer.

The other massive mistake that always gets made, it is not a waiters jacket, it should never end at his waist line.

One other thing, the jacket is a big baggy loose mess on him, and that’s its charm, it’s not a perfect fit, it’s not like a Captain America looking jacket, it’s loose and baggy and frankly almost oversized. Also, the sleeves hang low, like past his bottom knuckle on this thumb.

Someone’s gonna get it right one day ...

ab64e8884b2bc53088e059c71fbdecf4.jpg

d95feea231f12358bdb1d4405b83d0c3.jpg

1903b1e1a7d5170018c49085dc83ae1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it is not accurate. The only thing that is accurate is pausing the Blu-ray.
Harrison wearing the jacket during the Production of RAIDERS is the only accurate reference.

The biggest issue with all of the jackets that are in 1/6th scale so far from Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc., is that they always have the pants pulled up way too high on him, look at stills from the film, Harrison’s belt is hanging right around his hips, which makes sense as you need the bone structure for the belt to support holding a heavy firearm in a holster. Hence, his pants are generally hanging lower, hence the jacket needs to be longer.

The other massive mistake that always gets made, it is not a waiters jacket, it should never end at his waist line.

One other thing, the jacket is a big baggy loose mess on him, and that’s its charm, it’s not a perfect fit, it’s not like a Captain America looking jacket, it’s loose and baggy and frankly almost oversized. Also, the sleeves hang low, like past his bottom knuckle on this thumb.

Someone’s gonna get it right one day ...

ab64e8884b2bc53088e059c71fbdecf4.jpg

d95feea231f12358bdb1d4405b83d0c3.jpg

1903b1e1a7d5170018c49085dc83ae1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it must be easy to get stills from the film where he is moving all the time. I understand that he is a taller guy and that the jacket needs to be long in length but most of the images of the film make it look short. Not only that but they stated that there were a few jackets used in the film in certain scenes. So it's not easy finding clear images of it. Hence why i posted the pic above because in terms of length it looks longer then most. The baggyness of the jacket is also in certain scenes as when he is in action the jacket is smaller probably cause of his stuntman and the version he wore. I have the pics above and plenty more screen caps and images, but thanks for your input.

Back