1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem is that the jacket has gone from $300 in the original run to $800 in the latest run, so how much is he going to be charging for a shirt or a pair of trousers now?!! $300 apiece?!!! The guy is just taking the p**s now!! Absolute joke!!

I consider myself very lucky to have grabbed one of his older jackets on the secondary market for around the $200 mark.
Yeah I was expecting somewhere in the $400 range. Hell color me silly I was EVEN considering $500 (****ing crazy even considering that) but $800? I'm flabbergasted that that's even a thing. Sticker shocked. Whoah.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He's no dummy. He's heard your praise and knows there's high demand for his products. He's read comments like "I'd pay anything to get a Kato jacket" and guess what? Any artist (or businessman) would "test the waters" and price their products based on apparent demand. He knows there are perfectionist out there who will spend almost anything to obtain the perfect 1/6 Indy. Personally, I think it's insane but it's fun as h--l to watch.

Last edited:
If you can earn that and still have customers, well, I certainly can't criticise. If you have more customers than product that you can make at that price, then surely the price is right? It's only when people stop buying that you've overpriced your goods. If people are prepared to pay $800, then Kato would be nuts NOT to charge that much wouldn't he?

41138570_1119398614890382_2839542586081804288_o.jpg He said it's still a wip more of an idea of how it looks.

I'm sure the final product will be outstanding. Complain about $800, but Kato sold out in a few hours. Means his next Raiders jacket in 3 years will be $1,200... and the few will pay. :D

I'm going to be extremely jealous of this jacket when I see people (Faststreets) start posting their figures.

That said, the jacket above still looks a wee bit short to me. Like to see what it looks like without that fold at the bottom. Also assume it will have the split on the sides.

That does look great. I would pay around £300 GBP for it tops. I don't think I could bring myself to weather it though! Ha ha.

Yeah, the fun is in weathering up Indy... and I just couldn't bring myself to 'ruin' a Kato piece. At least not until he makes a better version in a few years.

Although I did put 'real buttons' on my Kato shirt after removing his studs that were there.

Considering you can buy a 1:1 stitch by stitch replica for less than (or very close to) that, I'd would be hesitant about ordering it. And I'm saying that as an owner of Kato's first run full outfit (for less than half of that and still fantastic).

At a certain point it becomes less about the actual craftsmanship/quality and more about the "I spent more on my figure than you" element.

With my custom figures I really enjoy cobbling bits and pieces together and trying to hunt down bargains. I could pay an artist to paint the sculpts but I much prefer trying to do it myself and I am getting better at it considering I had never painted a head before this year.

I would love a Kato or Yunsil jacket for at least one of my Indy's but I am actually happy with the Sideshow Raiders and Hot Toys ones I have on my figures.

I am currently trying to make a hat for my custom RJ MacReady and was wondering has anyone ever tried to make a fabric hat for their Indy?

Considering you can buy a 1:1 stitch by stitch replica for less than (or very close to) that, I'd would be hesitant about ordering it. And I'm saying that as an owner of Kato's first run full outfit (for less than half of that and still fantastic).

I bought a Botwright 1:1 replica, using the same pattern and the same leather for less than £200.......

I'm just not convinced that you can use real leather at this scale....it's too thick. Would be more than happy to be proved wrong, but haven't seen anything to date in leather that didn't look too thick.

I bought a Botwright 1:1 replica, using the same pattern and the same leather for less than £200.......

I'm just not convinced that you can use real leather at this scale....it's too thick. Would be more than happy to be proved wrong, but haven't seen anything to date in leather that didn't look too thick.
Kato is the only one who can make his jackets into real leather i imagine that is another reason it cost $800 because he got it to work. Plus the time put into making 10-15 pieces. As you said it's value is what someone will pay.

Kato is the only one who can make his jackets into real leather i imagine that is another reason it cost $800 because he got it to work. Plus the time put into making 10-15 pieces. As you said it's value is what someone will pay.

The previous Kato jackets are a little too thick (imho) because they do use leather.....must be a difficult scaling issue to address. Maybe the new ones will be made with a thinner material ?

Either way, I'm sure the finished item will be great. Im looking forward to seeing the Indy's of those of you who have invested.

I agree. I had the previous version, and although the workmanship is spectacular, it was a little too thick for scale. Kept the Yunsil, but if this is a thinner material, lookout!
The previous Kato jackets are a little too thick (imho) because they do use leather.....must be a difficult scaling issue to address. Maybe the new ones will be made with a thinner material ?

Either way, I'm sure the finished item will be great. Im looking forward to seeing the Indy's of those of you who have invested.

The thicker material works well with the original MJ Choi Fortune and glory sculpt however. So, win win.

With that being said, the Yunsil set is georgous with the exception of the pant legs which are too narrow in my opinion.

The thicker material works well with the original MJ Choi Fortune and glory sculpt however. So, win win.

With that being said, the Yunsil set is georgous with the exception of the pant legs which are too narrow in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree there.....I've not seen any 1/6 Indy trousers that are the right level of "baggy"!

Back