1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why has Kato deleted his posts above? Is that to do with not marketing custom work on the forum?

What was the price by the way? I have absolutely no interest in buying one (more than happy with the Yunsil jacket), just curious about the going rate.

Why has Kato deleted his posts above? Is that to do with not marketing custom work on the forum?

What was the price by the way? I have absolutely no interest in buying one (more than happy with the Yunsil jacket), just curious about the going rate.

$800 + shipping
Already sold out with people on the wait list

You definitely need one to go with your Kato jacket. :)

Just need that re-mortgage to come through..... :)

This is where the "hobby" loses all interest for me.
I do appreciate that you have to pay a premium for hand made items and for an artists work (I myself am an artist who produces commission work)........but there is a line where number of hours worked plus cost of materials plus profit margin is stretching what I feel is acceptable.....and this is way over that line for me. Does it take 30-40 hours to produce each jacket?

Anyway, just my own thoughts on it, as I said it's worth what someone will pay I guess and other opinions are available. I'm sure it'll look great, just not for me. Congratulations to Kato for making it such a lucrative business prospect.

Yeah price is not what i thought until i saw. Guess i will still be on the hunt for the best jacket. Oh well moving on. Lol

Yeah price is not what i thought until i saw. Guess i will still be on the hunt for the best jacket. Oh well moving on. Lol

Fingers are crossed that hot toys or another 1/6 manufacturer will revisit Indy in the near future and we may get a solid mainstream release at a reasonable price. The perfect Indy remains to be made I think.

In the meantime, I'm more than content with what I already have.

Just need that re-mortgage to come through..... :)

This is where the "hobby" loses all interest for me.
I do appreciate that you have to pay a premium for hand made items and for an artists work (I myself am an artist who produces commission work)........but there is a line where number of hours worked plus cost of materials plus profit margin is stretching what I feel is acceptable.....and this is way over that line for me. Does it take 30-40 hours to produce each jacket?

Anyway, just my own thoughts on it, as I said it's worth what someone will pay I guess and other opinions are available. I'm sure it'll look great, just not for me. Congratulations to Kato for making it such a lucrative business prospect.

I agree with a lot of that. I have paid for a few commissions previously and price is one thing but what has really disappointed me is the lack of communication from the artist and a lack of any urgency from them to get the work done promptly. If I was to take money from someone you can be sure I would keep them updated and look to get their item out to them as soon as I can. In my opinion there are too many private sellers out there who for all their artistic talents are sorely lacking in basic customer service skills. When you take a commission it is a two way deal.

$800 for a KATO jacket? Whaaaaaat?? Sorry, not sorry that's jumping the shark IMHO.
No offense to Kato (and to those that want to spend that much) but Yunsil + Rahmier weathering. And I didn't have to drop even HALF that asking price. As others have mentioned I'm more than happy to keep my Yunsil. Screenshot_20181025-213954_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Of course that looks amazing - incredible and awesome.

I have a feeling that Kato will deliver a mind blowing product ...

And as far as paying a lot for upgrading 1/6th scale figures, adding a Jnix sculpt plus paint job can run into the hundreds.

I think it’s fair to say that we all want the best that we can get for our custom Indy figures, and in the end, the more options that are out there for all of us, the better.

My last thought on this:

There is no question that Kato is the best custom clothes maker in the 1/6th scale genre, can’t wait to see his final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course that looks amazing - incredible and awesome.

I have a feeling that Kato will deliver a mind blowing product ...

And as far as paying a lot for upgrading 1/6th scale figures, adding a Jnix sculpt plus paint job can run into the hundreds.

I think it’s fair to say that we all want the best that we can get for our custom Indy figures, and in the end, the more options that are out there for all of us, the better.

My last thought on this:

There is no question that Kato is the best custom clothes maker in the 1/6th scale genre, can’t wait to see his final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh he definitely does some great work. BUT I have to justify the money I'm dropping and and there's no way in the world I'd ever justify $800 for a jacket. Nope. Doesn't matter who's doing it. Again no offense to Kato or those wanting to pay. That's just me. I just don't see the value there.

Oh he definitely does some great work. BUT I have to justify the money I'm dropping and and there's no way in the world I'd ever justify $800 for a jacket. Nope. Doesn't matter who's doing it. Again no offense to Kato or those wanting to pay. That's just me. I just don't see the value there.

Same. I was really excited until I saw the price. Have to stick with Cairo Indy.

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

Faststreets is a millionaire, you guys didn't know?

$800 x2.... bah! Nothin' He drops that in one night at the local HK strip club.
LMAO that's gold best line ever. Even if the jacket is a no hopefully the pants and shirt are good i would be in for those.

LMAO that's gold best line ever. Even if the jacket is a no hopefully the pants and shirt are good i would be in for those.

Problem is that the jacket has gone from $300 in the original run to $800 in the latest run, so how much is he going to be charging for a shirt or a pair of trousers now?!! $300 apiece?!!! The guy is just taking the p**s now!! Absolute joke!!

I consider myself very lucky to have grabbed one of his older jackets on the secondary market for around the $200 mark.

$800 for a KATO jacket? Whaaaaaat?? Sorry, not sorry that's jumping the shark IMHO.
No offense to Kato (and to those that want to spend that much) but Yunsil + Rahmier weathering. And I didn't have to drop even HALF that asking price. As others have mentioned I'm more than happy to keep my Yunsil. View attachment 431469

That's really nice. I've done a first pass weathering on mine, but I was too subtle. Still, really pleased with it. Will be doing a second pass on it and then, barring the release of a more accurate Ford headsculpt, I'm happy that my "ultimate" Indy is complete.

Though I know it's perhaps slightly too short, on overall aesthetic, I think it's the nicest version of the jacket. The thickness of the material used works the best at 1/6 scale (in my opinion).

I've got a replica Botwright jacket right in front of my eyes here and that jacket is damned close. Hardly anything between them.

Considering the sky rocketing prices in this hobby, its a relief to have finished this figure when I did.

Back