1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so I am sorry, but I got the k.o. head from Kit.

I think that it improves the overall look of my figure. Still lots of work to be done: apply the dressing product on the Kato jacket, weather, futz, make the neck heigth right...

But here go some more pics.

A fine looking Indy it makes of him. A lot more of us will go this route, myself included.

so I am sorry, but I got the k.o. head from Kit.

I think that it improves the overall look of my figure. Still lots of work to be done: apply the dressing product on the Kato jacket, weather, futz, make the neck heigth right...

Not judging, but if you have the money for the Kato jacket, why buy a knock-off head?

Not judging, but if you have the money for the Kato jacket, why buy a knock-off head?

that's a reasonable question!

I can tell you my story:

It has been years since I wanted an Indy 1/6 figure. I had postponed it until now, since the customs were... so expensive!
And the results, to be honest, to me, they did not live up to those high budgets.

The sculpt was the most difficult part. Harrison Ford seems to be a tough guy to get right.
Most of them were not close enough. I am sorry I don't see it in the inigou.

The clothes... Yunsil does a great work. Kato is top notch.
A full Kato... that is expensive. A full Yunsil is more affordable. But you still need a well built body, proportions-wise...

So I waited.

When I saw the Indy TOD... I liked it!

So I thought about the budget: I needed a less than 400 USD, great Indy figure.

So I decided and got the Sideshow TOD figure, because:
- I liked how the body was built. I was gonna keep it.
- The chest sculpt, it looks like Indy.
- the heigth, the body proportions looked great.
- I even liked the shoes, the whips, the gun, the belt, the holster. They are not accurate, but they are well executed.

That was a cost of 230 EUR for me, but I was going to keep many things, so I got him.

Then I needed a jacket. I was about to buy a DX05 jacket, but it would cost me 50 USD shipped.... so I leveraged. I thought: do I want to spend 50 USD on the DX05 which is... OK I guess.... or get a Kato jacket? I could get a Kato for 200 USD shipped, 150 more. And I jumped....

Crazy, I know. I also got the DX05 hat.

Then the figure arrived, and the stock head looked... too small.
I looked at MJ Choi custom, which was by far my favourite head. Maybe the bigger size could help the final proportions...

I saw it for sale on ebay for... 350 EUR! 400! it actually sold at those prices! just the head.

Then the K.O. head came by.... I had to try.

I have sold the Sideshow TOD head, and I have fulfilled my initial intention: a 400 USD Indy figure that (IMO) looks great.
Still have to work on it, but I am pretty happy.

that's a reasonable question!

I can tell you my story:

That makes sense. I just kind of assumed the MJ head was still available from him. I seem to remember people just randomly e-mailing him at that old interest address.

Ultimately this is my custom:
-Recast of mj choi
-whip, belt, holster and bag of mfisher
-and the rest stock of DX05
3f938e588875db1d99c71ca865f8839b.jpg

5a23f04d65d84571ac98ce1148a5eb49.jpg

image.jpeg

I did pick up the knock-off MJ Choi head, but ultimately I still prefer the Inigou V1 sculpt (until the V2 arrives, perhaps?). Finally picked up the elusive Kato jacket that I wanted to complete my custom Raiders Indy.

I did pick up the knock-off MJ Choi head, but ultimately I still prefer the Inigou V1 sculpt (until the V2 arrives, perhaps?). Finally picked up the elusive Kato jacket that I wanted to complete my custom Raiders Indy.

The overall look of yours somehow suits a Raiders Indy, whereas others aren't quite movie specific but they capture the essence of the character.

Looking good. I can see that we're each putting subtle touches in that still make him custom despite us inevitably using the same head and hat combo.
The good thing is with the DX hat swoop . The hottoys sculpt get a right size hat too. .that hat improves the Dx sculpt also.:lol

Slightly oversized head and small hat aside, I'm extremely pleased with this Indy now. Added the pistol and rolled up his whip.

I know a lot of people are using the DX hat on the Choi sculpt/recast. Is the Sideshow TOD an option, or is it too specific for a ROTLA look?

I know a lot of people are using the DX hat on the Choi sculpt/recast. Is the Sideshow TOD an option, or is it too specific for a ROTLA look?

The SS TOD won't fit the Choi due to the plastic block in the fedora that holds the magnet. It would take some major carving of either the hat or the head.

Back