1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll offer these without going into the politics of recasting...

IMGP5056_zps72r6sw2h.jpg

IMGP5052_zpswhnuixhd.jpg

DX Hat works well and the skin tone matches perfectly.

these pics are awesome. What do you guys think happened to the recast at Onesixthkit? Do you guys think the heads sold out, or maybe Kit is having an argument with MJ Choi?

That's one cracker of an Indy. I'm not sure the holster is a SteveO, I have one of those and there are differences. The closing tab on yours looks to go over a flathead nail where the nail on mine is more rounded and the stitching on yours looks different. It could be a different run I suppose.

Well I guess it's a mystery unless MFisher can weigh in. Here's a close up on the details:
IMGP5069_zpsvsogmc34.jpg

these pics are awesome. What do you guys think happened to the recast at Onesixthkit? Do you guys think the heads sold out, or maybe Kit is having an argument with MJ Choi?

Well having never bought a dodgy headsculpt before, I was taken aback by the quality of this. I always assumed recasts were of the nature of the unpainted resin BabyQ casts on ebay. My intention was always to see about repainting this or even repurposing it as a possible Han Solo and didn't want to spend on the high cost of the original then muck it up.

Here's a couple of close ups for the archive, then I'm done sharing pics of it.
IMGP5089_zpsipea1div.jpg

IMGP5085_zpsqygz9epj.jpg

IMGP5077_zpsukit24mt.jpg

Who me?

Well anyway it's.
Jacket: Kato E. second run
Shirt: Kato E. first run
Pants: Kato E. first run
Bag and strap: HT DX
Holster: I bought 2nd hand - always assumed it was MFisher, but someone else told me it looks like a Steveo's Toys one.
Gear Belt uses HT buckle and real leather.
Whip was from Goldwingreg who used to sell them on eBay.
Boots are HT.

Thanks for posting that....did you use the HT body?

Well having never bought a dodgy headsculpt before, I was taken aback by the quality of this. I always assumed recasts were of the nature of the unpainted resin BabyQ casts on ebay. My intention was always to see about repainting this or even repurposing it as a possible Han Solo and didn't want to spend on the high cost of the original then muck it up.

Here's a couple of close ups for the archive, then I'm done sharing pics of it.
IMGP5089_zpsipea1div.jpg

IMGP5085_zpsqygz9epj.jpg

IMGP5077_zpsukit24mt.jpg

Man they weren't messing around on those paint apps. Your pic really show off the fine details.

I'm really torn between this head and the TOD. Can't decide which way to go.

I actually have 3 of these coming tomorrow, and the TOD. I'll have to see them in hand.

You really like this one better?

Thanks for the pictures Cavlcade. Your Indy is looking fantastic. I would have ordered two of the heads had I known what the quality was going to be like.

Cavlcade has been working on his custom Indy for as long as I can remember -- likely as long as I have been working on mine -- and I'm thrilled that he finally has a completed figure that looks so great and that he's so happy with. Must be an amazing feeling.

Cavlcade has been working on his custom Indy for as long as I can remember -- likely as long as I have been working on mine -- and I'm thrilled that he finally has a completed figure that looks so great and that he's so happy with. Must be an amazing feeling.

Haha, 'completed' - yeah right. :lol When are these things ever completed?
But thanks Greg, you're right. Been upgrading and updating this figure for 8 years now, have tried all manner of heads and clothing combinations, paint jobs and gear. It's a one of my hobbies, there's no feeling like getting the latest upgrade in the post and having an opportunity to indulge in some 'arts and crafts'
Here's a couple of photos of my custom along it's journey:
Untitled-4a.jpg

DSCF1978.jpg

P1010057.jpg

5BE1C856-BFD5-41BD-B6EA-27545BD53887-8981-0000095050143D8F_zpsba291d2c.jpg

IMGP5080_zpszuyc95ca.jpg

Back