1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's it Roger! George W Bush to a tee! I'll never un-see that now either!! Glad I went with the Inigo...

Inigo's look great in ZBrush, but not quite so good when printed and cast. Jake can do the best paint job in the world and still I don't see Ford there in the eventual sculpt. I have ingrained in my brain what Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones looks like and if I don't see him in the first seconds of seeing a sculpt then I just can't see him no matter what anyone else says or does. Yes Trev's is long in the tooth and has been surpassed in terms of detail, but, I always see Ford whenever I look at it.

I do think about the SSC TOD, but, if the MJ hat is the only one that stops him looking like Pharrell then that head is way too small. It can look like Ford all it likes but if there's an aspect you can't get round for whatever reason, then you'll always be disappointed. I guess you have to find what works to your eye and stick with it.

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. And as King Jordan says, if we're happy with our own Indy figures, then that's really all that matters. Let's enjoy them!

Finally had the courage to rip up my Yunsil Indy shirt and rearrange the buttons. I'll be using the SS TOD Indy head sculpt. Threw on my MJ for the pic. Still a WIP and needs some HEAVY beating up and weathering. That'll be next. :yess:

0033ac8b-88d4-4b2f-8dc8-9e3484c1c81c_zpsbdu8tsku.jpg

Finally had the courage to rip up my Yunsil Indy shirt and rearrange the buttons. I'll be using the SS TOD Indy head sculpt. Threw on my MJ for the pic. Still a WIP and needs some HEAVY beating up and weathering. That'll be next. :yess:

Good on you!

I find it distracting when I see pics of custom-tailored Indies and they all look like a catalogue model because the clothes cost so much. Not that I blame them. But bravo for taking the leap of faith!

indiana-jones-leap-of-faith-o.gif

Good on you!
I find it distracting when I see pics of custom-tailored Indies and they all look like a catalogue model because the clothes cost so much. Not that I blame them. But bravo for taking the leap of faith!

Not sure if that's a compliment or insult. :/

Are you saying the crappy shirts that SS and HT are more.....realistic? Better?

I didn't mention it but everything else is SS or HT. Not custom.

I think he means Indy is supposed to be dirty vs. having him in what appears to be freshly pressed cloths (like in a catalogue). The cost of the custom clothes would make it hard for people to get in there and start cutting them up. It's like cosplaying Indy I could not buy Alden 405 boots and then scuff them up to look like the are screen worn-it would kill me.

Wow, if you ask me that looks pretty darn perfect with the MJ head. Especially with the tremendous paintjob on it. :clap

13281989_865838126861817_883607214_n.jpg

Okay so I finished 2.0 of Indy Holster. Fits the Hot Toys Pistol (Actually has it inside in this picture.) so those who bought belt set from me already will be given 40% coupon once up on etsy shop.

Left is old, right is new.

New Version is bigger, color is correct darkness, weathered and no sheen protective coating this time.

Also! For those who want upgraded Indy belt. I've decided that customers can provide theirs like the TOD or find similar buckle of their fancy since it's hard to come in stock with belt buckles.

Unless you have the MJ hat around I really wouldn't put the SSC TOD on that, it's that small it makes even the DX05 hat look like Pharrell's and he looks a tad bull necked on that body. The MJ head you have on there now looks just right for TOD.

View attachment 265792

Okay so I finished 2.0 of Indy Holster. Fits the Hot Toys Pistol (Actually has it inside in this picture.) so those who bought belt set from me already will be given 40% coupon once up on etsy shop.

New Version is bigger, color is correct darkness, weathered and no sheen protective coating this time.

Also! For those who want upgraded Indy belt. I've decided that customers can provide theirs like the TOD or find similar buckle of their fancy since it's hard to come in stock with belt buckles.

Put me down for the upgraded holster.

View attachment 265792

How will we receive the 40% discount code, please? I bought the V1 and would very much like to pick up a V2 holster once you list them on Etsy. Thanks.

View attachment 265792

Bought several of your version 1 holsters. Def interested in version 2.0

Back