1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lightened the image and they appear to have color to them. Just really dark.

068209c854b64fcb6ab06c66bc393bf5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

:lol

Actually, that recast might look very good with the HT hat. And yes, like MJ's McClane, this head is probably correct size.

You start to wonder if this is part of a grand plan.

So if I was looking to put together a higher end custom Indy what jacket would I need to be looking for? Kato? Yunsil? Soveriegn Studios?
I've seen pics where each of these look great, but how does one decide which is better? Or is it a preference thing? I've heard Kato will be doing a new jacket? I've seen people are interested in a yunsil jacket if he sold it separately and I'm assuming the soveriegn is pretty impossible to find now. Are these the only options?

The hat might still be a problem though. If this head were the size of the Trev SSC then the DX hat would fit.

:lol

Actually, that recast might look very good with the HT hat. And yes, like MJ's McClane, this head is probably correct size.

You start to wonder if this is part of a grand plan.

The hat is the key.

So, if it's the same as the original it's a small hat on a bigger head.

1) Larger SS TOD hat onto bigger MJ recast head.

2) Recast smaller MJ hat onto SS TOD head.

Problem solved?

So if I was looking to put together a higher end custom Indy what jacket would I need to be looking for? Kato? Yunsil? Soveriegn Studios?
I've seen pics where each of these look great, but how does one decide which is better? Or is it a preference thing? I've heard Kato will be doing a new jacket? I've seen people are interested in a yunsil jacket if he sold it separately and I'm assuming the soveriegn is pretty impossible to find now. Are these the only options?

Pretty sure its a preference thing. Would hate to suggest one is better than the other. The three you mention are all very good choices.

Personally, I'm using an old Sovereign jacket... but I'm looking forward to seeing the new Kato jacket as an option. My problem with most of the jackets out there is the torso length is not long enough for the Raiders jacket. Most customizers make a "Bomber" style jacket which it is not.

Pretty sure its a preference thing. Would hate to suggest one is better than the other. The three you mention are all very good choices.

Personally, I'm using an old Sovereign jacket... but I'm looking forward to seeing the new Kato jacket as an option. My problem with most of the jackets out there is the torso length is not long enough for the Raiders jacket. Most customizers make a "Bomber" style jacket which it is not.
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

I got the DX05 fedora, Sideshow Indy with the big hat, and am considering getting the Choi recast... could try all options.

Still, also to be taken into account is the fact that the body size also is something to consider.

Hard to say till someone actually gets the head and tries all options.

I got a tracking number from Kit, and the head is being despatched tomorrow.

I got the DX05 fedora, Sideshow Indy with the big hat, and am considering getting the Choi recast... could try all options.

Still, also to be taken into account is the fact that the body size also is something to consider.

I have the SS TOD sculpt and DX05 fedora on the DX05.

The recast is intended for my second SS TOD to replace the DX05 sculpt.

Any changes of fedora would be between the two TODs.

However, if the recast turns out to be oversized like the original MJ, then it might have to go to the DX05 which looks bulkier in the HT jacket.

Back