1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that I've noticed about Trev's Indy is that he doesn't photograph well. When I pick it up and study it, I always see Ford right off the bat. And yet, when I see pics of full figure customs that likeness seems to disappear.

That said, sometimes, you get a break, look at this pic of mine:

Then look at this repaint by Les Walker:

Harrison is definitely in that head, you just have to be able to bring him out.

Last edited:
Oh by the way, Darren Carnall is recording a YouTube video of him painting an Indy. From the glimpse I caught of the hat it could be an Inigo V1, it'll be interesting to see what he does with him. I'll post a link when it's up.

beb93c01c45aabf660ee5c739d1c4685.jpg

My Indy. Love the old SSC sculpt.

As good as that re-paint is Rogerbee, I still don't see very much Harrison Ford in it.

I understood Les Walker to be a scammer on these boards? I came across his name in a very old thread a while back when I was googling Indy stuff.

Anyway, here's some better repaints of the original Sideshow head (found by digging through these threads last year when I attempted a repaint myself).

indya_zpswcurhmlt.png

indyc_zpsencu9kwp.png

indyb_zpsbsohjyh8.png

Middle pics have cheeks sanded down a bit to thin face.

It's a decent likeness but sculpt lacks modern detail. And he is a bit too baby-faced/chubby cheeks. The customizer in the middle pics tried to thin the cheeks a bit.

I understood Les Walker to be a scammer on these boards? I came across his name in a very old thread a while back when I was googling Indy stuff.

Anyway, here's some better repaints of the original Sideshow head (found by digging through these threads last year when I attempted a repaint myself).

indya_zpswcurhmlt.png

indyc_zpsencu9kwp.png

indyb_zpsbsohjyh8.png

Middle pics have cheeks sanded down a bit to thin face.

I think that bottom pic looks pretty spot on, I like it! it's amazing how they all have some really great characteristics of Ford. If we could just put them all in a metaphorical blender and use the mixture then we got something lol. But as I see it those are all some really good repaints of the Sideshow head

Silent Surfer did the top one and I know Greggo did some good ones. I don't think Les was a scammer as such, I think he inexplicably quit and owed people for unfinished work, still, best not rake that up. What you have to do is paint shading details that you see on Harrison's skin, he has distinctive shading on his cheeks which a lot of people seem to miss. This is also key to bringing out the likeness.

One of my favorite repaints of Trev's sculpt. Never received my sculpt, hands or money back from Les. Very hard pill to swallow...

One thing that I've noticed about Trev's Indy is that he doesn't photograph well. When I pick it up and study it, I always see Ford right off the bat. And yet, when I see pics of full figure customs that likeness seems to disappear.

That said, sometimes, you get a break, look at this pic of mine:

Then look at this repaint by Les Walker:

Harrison is definitely in that head, you just have to be able to bring him out.

The problem that can happen with repainters is that, we see their stuff, think it's amazing and we commission them. Word spreads and then everyone commissions them. To start with, the repainter can't believe his luck, all this adulation and money rolling in. Then reality hits, hundreds of heads and not enough man hours to do them in. If he has a regular job, this suffers, he gets made redundant, yeah, more time, but the bills start coming in. Shipping dates are missed, folk get antsy, demands roll in, pressure builds...

Ok, that's a worst case scenario, but, it can happen and may have happened to some of them. Sometimes it can be better to teach yourself and only work for yourself. Look up some tutorials and see what takes your fancy...

I know the 'Nuke the Fridge' scene in IJIV was a bit silly, but its iconic now....I bashed some Hot Toys, Sideshow and other bits and pieces for a scene - I know his belt and whip were taken, but I added them any way.

Back