1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be cool if someone could put up pics of all indy heads (custom and retail) to get a perspective of all sculpts over the years.

Kenner
Toys mcoy
Medicom
Sideshow
Hot Toys
Arnie Kim
Warriors Gate
MJ Choi
Beastmaster
Relic Hunter
inigou

Any others I am missing ? I have most of the retail versions to post...

Last edited:
Would be cool if someone could put up pics of all indy heads (custom and retail) to get a perspective of all sculpts over the years.

Kenner
Toys mcoy
Medicom
Sideshow
Hot Toys
Arnie Kim
Warriors Gate
MJ Choi
Beastmaster
Relic Hunter
inigou

Any others I am missing ? I have most of the retail versions to post...

It's always amazing to me how unique and very different each of those look, even though they're supposedly of the same guy. :D

And if you throw in all the Han and Deckard sculpts as well, there's even more variation.

It's hardly conclusive (and in no particular order), but here's some of the pics I've saved over the years:

indys (1176x1800).jpg

Awesome post, davejames.:clap

I know it's not fair (unreleased at this point) but the best likeness looks like the B&W pic of Beastmaster, followed by the V1 Ingiou. The couple of older SSC heads look nice, but they were lacking in detail, oversized and ruined by the famous SSC paint.

I would say the TOD Indy head is the best overall value - in terms of price, likeness and paint... the quality you're getting for your money.

Fedora prize goes to Kenner. Hey - who else had the cajones to make it out of felt?:lol

I actually think the one that most looks like HF is the one in the bottom right hand corner, which to me looks like the Ultimate Unison Han Solo sculpt re-worked into Indy. I have that same sculpt on my custom Han figure and I think it's great, but most people seem to hate it for some reason! I own two V1 Inigo's and will shortly be ordering a V2, but that UU sculpt still does it for me in the HF-lookalike department. Just my opinion, man...!!

Awesome post, davejames.:clap

I know it's not fair (unreleased at this point) but the best likeness looks like the B&W pic of Beastmaster, followed by the V1 Ingiou. The couple of older SSC heads look nice, but they were lacking in detail, oversized and ruined by the famous SSC paint.

I would say the TOD Indy head is the best overall value - in terms of price, likeness and paint... the quality you're getting for your money.

Fedora prize goes to Kenner. Hey - who else had the cajones to make it out of felt?:lol

Agreed about Beastmaster's. And the two Inigou's are really good as well.

Although while it may not be a perfect likeness, I still think Trevor captured something in that first Sideshow sculpt that no one else really has. Most sculpts tend to make his face look too angular and hard-edged, while Trevor recognized that his features are actually a lot softer and rounder than that (which is really evident in shots like the one from Blade Runner below). None of the other sculpts seem to capture that half as well as he did way back when.

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-1693 (500x459).jpg

Is that KOTCS a repaint of the SSC!? When you see them all compiled together in Dave's pic there isn't one of them that truly captures an '81 Harrison Ford. Particularly so when you see a pic of the man himself. You need to overlay a sculpt onto a pic of Harrison and see what's there. Painted right, out of what we already have, I still think Trev's cuts it, and if Jake were to paint one I think we'd see that. When a character is so definitive and indelibly tied to one man, you need to make the man. The reaction has 100% to be instantly "Indy!!" and not "Well, he's sort of there..." after 10 minutes. Once you get analytical, that's it, you've lost it. It's that gut reaction of recognition that you need.

I actually think the one that most looks like HF is the one in the bottom right hand corner, which to me looks like the Ultimate Unison Han Solo sculpt re-worked into Indy. I have that same sculpt on my custom Han figure and I think it's great, but most people seem to hate it for some reason! I own two V1 Inigo's and will shortly be ordering a V2, but that UU sculpt still does it for me in the HF-lookalike department. Just my opinion, man...!!

Yeah, I agree - but that was done by Rahmier (resculpt and paint I think,) who is a bit of a master so it's hard to say how much is the original sculpt and how much is Rahmier magic.

Agreed about Beastmaster's. And the two Inigou's are really good as well.

Although while it may not be a perfect likeness, I still think Trevor captured something in that first Sideshow sculpt that no one else really has. Most sculpts tend to make his face look too angular and hard-edged, while Trevor recognized that his features are actually a lot softer and rounder than that (which is really evident in shots like the one from Blade Runner below). None of the other sculpts seem to capture that half as well as he did way back when.

View attachment 256561

Yeah, it lacks finer sculpt detail and is a bit too jowl-ey, but that original SSC head definitely has something to it. Seem to recall someone on here sanded down the cheeks and improved the likeness. I think I found a pic of it - will have to find it again.

Old INDY but hands down the best I've ever seen.
View attachment 256566

Yeah, forgot about that sculpt (and I had it sitting in front of me...) - KOTCS Indy. Quite nice but almost 1/5 in scale.

I love how Indy's gloved hand is holding Indy's head.:lol

From what I can recall of the Medicom UU revamp that Rahmier did, the hair, forehead and ears were redone, the face was untouched.

I know it's not Indy but the best Ford likeness for me is the modded MJ sculpt to Deckard that Jake for our Velvet Morning V2 Deckard.
0110167efc98396bc4dfe6d2c879042d.jpg

Back