1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New pose. New camera settings.

IMG_4496_zps34204e3f.jpg

Show off... :lol

Such a great figure :rock

Speaking of Indy customs... I'm working on the Mola Ram set by Oscar C.V. I was able to score it a couple months ago.

Anyone know of a better outfit than the D-Art Studio one? I'm not to impressed with what I've seen of that one, and it looks like the long sleeve is on the wrong arm :huh

So far I've finished the chalice and head dress... just about finished the head and got started on the two hands. All in all a really solid set, Oscar does some impressive work :rock

wipal_zps9da2355b.jpg

wipak_zpsbb7a8b18.jpg

Thanks man... the Chalice is such a cool accessory. Real shame Sideshow never made a Mola Ram, but at least we can make our own :lol

That Mola looks awesome. Are those sets available anywhere? Call me a fool, but I've given up on ever seeing my Sovereign Studios one.........

:lol :lol Yeah, you might not be getting that one. But if it's any consolation at least you got ripped off on the more affordable version and not the $300 one from BlindVoyeur and Figuremaster Les :lecture

Here's the thread for the kit, I bought it from another member though. I don't think Oscar ever retires stuff so it wouldn't hurt to try and contact him. Mola Ram Kit

Here's finished shots of the head, head dress and chalice. I also popped him on a ACI Christian body and like the result.

molad_zpsb964744a.jpg

molaa_zps556e905d.jpg

molab_zps90975415.jpg

molae_zps6e984c3c.jpg

A quick mock-up of him on a body...
molac_zpsb6e43c45.jpg

Surfer did a beautiful job on the paint, but I'm just not feeling those sculpt. I think I actually like the smiler more now. I had the neutral but sold it.

Beautiful paint work by Nathan (as usual). Now to futz the collar on both the shirt and jacket to get them to lay flat. Also, Indy wore his bag strap on the inside of his Jacket in Raiders. Lastly, I can only imagine what you spent on those two custom portraits and painting; might as well go "all the way" and buy Mike Fisher's gun rig and whip. It's top notch stuff!

Beautiful figure! Congratulations!

Surfer did a beautiful job on the paint, but I'm just not feeling those sculpt. I think I actually like the smiler more now. I had the neutral but sold it.

Yeah, the WGP is just a lateral move from the DX. . . still looks realistic, but not any MORE like Harrison Ford than that DX version. I'm dying for Chu to take another crack at Indy. His recent Deckard is great, if not a touch small.

Agreed... wonderful paint but the sculpts just don't look right to me. Even though its oversized I still side with the original Sideshow sculpt for production option and the shrunken PF for a custom option.

Agreed... wonderful paint but the sculpts just don't look right to me. Even though its oversized I still side with the original Sideshow sculpt for production option and the shrunken PF for a custom option.

Agreed.
I have the original ss sculpt and don’t think its been topped yet.
Neutral expressions look better to me. Think the smiling sculpt above is very good but somethings off imo.

The smiling sculpt just looks a bit sinister to me... it's very close, but still not right. But I do think it's better than the WGP neutral sculpt which doesn't look much like Ford.

Yeah does look a bit creepey.
The neutral sculpt has the eyes down, but from there down its goes pear shaped.
Not literally but if you cover everything but the eyes it looks good.
Think the nose is too big and the face too long.
Not slating it, just think its a hard likeness to nail.

I have to agree I've tried pretty much every head made or custom out there and I keep coming back to the SS Trevor one.

picture.php

HT likeness is off, WGP is good but too small, the PF is good but kind of a weird expression. I repainted and resculpted the fedora on mine a while back.

picture.php

Since that pic above I've touched it up and dropped the crown on the fedora down to closer resemble the height of the raiders version of the hat

picture.php

Back