1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picture.php

Mate that looks fantastic! Good idea to shorten the arms too.
Nice one :whip

This may be the best expression I've seen yet from a repaint, Tyler. Indy has that classic "out of time, out of ideas" look like during the basket chase.

I've been curious about Soldier Story bodies, I like their sculpted chest/neck line, but how does it look in hand? Is the height about the same as the prometheus body?

I've been curious about Soldier Story bodies, I like their sculpted chest/neck line, but how does it look in hand? Is the height about the same as the prometheus body?

The Soldier Story is taller and broarder in the shoulders. The arms and legs are definately to long for the clothing without alteration, but the body shape and shoulder design instantly transform the clothing to a more normal/real look. Also the broader shoulders make the head look smaller or the correct size. After shortening legs he is now exactly the same size as my Sideshow James Bond figures.

The Soldier Story is taller and broarder in the shoulders. The arms and legs are definately to long for the clothing without alteration, but the body shape and shoulder design instantly transform the clothing to a more normal/real look. Also the broader shoulders make the head look smaller or the correct size. After shortening legs he is now exactly the same size as my Sideshow James Bond figures.

Thanks for the info.

I'm very surprised that this body is taller than the tall buck (on Bond).

To alter the height, did you just cut a section out of the thighs and reglue the legs together, or did you do some other trick.

I really do like the Soldier Story proportions, and I think they're hands are creepy realistic too.

Thanks for the info.

I'm very surprised that this body is taller than the tall buck (on Bond).

To alter the height, did you just cut a section out of the thighs and reglue the legs together, or did you do some other trick.

I really do like the Soldier Story proportions, and I think they're hands are creepy realistic too.

I cut the bottom off the legs and then drilled out the bottom again to fit the Sideshow Indy boots. This was problem free.

I then did the same on the forearms, but this wasn't a good idea. There was'nt a way of drilling and fixing a ball joint for hand's so I had to adapt and glue some ball joins to the ends. I would recommend others to shorten the forearm by losing lengh from the middle and refixing the manufactured wrist end for a better ball joint fixing.

Tyler if your going to eventually use a Hot Toys body you will probably have to do tha same thing. You can see the alterations i had to make to my body i posted several weeks back.

I cut the bottom off the legs and then drilled out the bottom again to fit the Sideshow Indy boots. This was problem free.

I then did the same on the forearms, but this wasn't a good idea. There was'nt a way of drilling and fixing a ball joint for hand's so I had to adapt and glue some ball joins to the ends. I would recommend others to shorten the forearm by losing lengh from the middle and refixing the manufactured wrist end for a better ball joint fixing.

I have just bought a soldier story body for Indy. Could you be more specific in shortening of the arm? Thanks.

I have just bought a soldier story body for Indy. Could you be more specific in shortening of the arm? Thanks.

I dressed the Soldier Story body in Indy's shirt and jacket. Then I bent the arms at the elbow to the tightest angle I could with arms extended outward. You will notice that you can see hand, ball joint and even some arm sticking out end of sleeve. I used a CD marker to mark where the end of the sleeve was. I cut it at this point. This made it the right length, but there was to large a hole when looking down end of arm to fit a wrist ball joint correctly. I was absent minded and threw manufactured ends away so could not use them anymore. I just glued a wrist ball joint to end of arm so the you can still flex wrist but not rotate. So if the ammount to cut away is 5mm I would remove this 5mm from the middle of forearm. Then glue manufactured end back on for easy installation or removal of wrist ball joint.

I hope i've answered your question correctly.

Last edited:
Tyler your Indy looks great, I'm using the same body for mine. How did you get the head to attach to the body?

It is not a full finished job + I may change to a TrueType so at the momment I have removed the neck joiner from within the neck of the body. I am using the Sideshow neck joiner with electrical tape wrapped around the bottom ball that pushes into the neck, just enough tape to hold it straight on the body. This is all just temporary. Also the head is not pushed all the way down because it looks to low that way to me. There is a gap between head and neck that would need some filler etc added to legthen the neck to make as seamles a join as you would want.

Closer look from left, head on and right.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Tyler your repaint looks great. I would love to see a few close up shots. Also def swap out the bodies you wont be disapointed.

love that repaint :bow

Thank you.

There are lots of outstanding works in this thread that made me realise how good this figure can be. One of which is yours as shown on page 27. Your sculped neck and repainted head was one of the pictures that made me buy one and have a go myself because it really brought out Harrison Fords features.

Tyler your repaint looks great. I would love to see a few close up shots. Also def swap out the bodies you wont be disapointed.

Is this close enough?
picture.php

I dont use an image host. I just upload to here to an album which limits you to 600x600. If you want to see the image larger I could mail it to you without resizing. Although my camera is only 3MP so images are not huge anyway. As you can see, the eyes could look more alive like others here seem to be able to do perfectly. One of which is you. I need to practice on that.

Also he isn't really a chameleon. It's just that I take pictures in different rooms/lighting with and without flash and that seems to be making the face look a different colour every time.

Last edited:
Back