1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I have started on some of the Indys...

My repaint of the SS head. First one up....
IH001.jpg

Will go to body when I have a chance to catch up with that! LOL! So much to do!
Great customs in here guys! :rock
Much inspiration coming! KEEP THESE ROCKIN'!

dear god ... that repaint is awesome ... is it possible to get one of your repaints? :D :D :D :D

Figured i would post this for anyone that was thinking about getting a Hot Toys body for their Sideshow Indy. Here is my Indy so far on a modified HT body with molded neck. Im still going to go back and paint the neck, weather the shirt ect..

IMG_7961.png

Aside from great skin tones, what's the secret? What is it that nudges the SS factory paint job from ok to awesome?
Seems to me it's all about the eyes. The Ford sculpt in there but he's too wide eyed out of the box.
It seems like Les has really given life to the eyes. It looks like he has the pupil moved up to touch up the upper eyelid and not floating in the middle of the iris. And lowering the eyebrows seems to help tremendously.
Great work.

it's a combination of things such as the shiny appearance, the eye color, the gawd aweful stubble, and on and on.

What I see in people's customs are the shades in the skin tones. The eyes are definitely improved. The factory paint makes it appear as if Indy has been stopped by the cops and they shined their flashlight on him. Pupils are more dilated.

it's a combination of things such as the shiny appearance, the eye color, the gawd aweful stubble, and on and on.

What I see in people's customs are the shades in the skin tones. The eyes are definitely improved. The factory paint makes it appear as if Indy has been stopped by the cops and they shined their flashlight on him. Pupils are more dilated.

:rotfl:lol Thats actually pretty spot on.

Aside from great skin tones, what's the secret? What is it that nudges the SS factory paint job from ok to awesome?
Seems to me it's all about the eyes. The Ford sculpt in there but he's too wide eyed out of the box.
It seems like Les has really given life to the eyes. It looks like he has the pupil moved up to touch up the upper eyelid and not floating in the middle of the iris. And lowering the eyebrows seems to help tremendously.
Great work.

I'd say it's the eybrows and the eyes. The eybrows are just two straight lines on Sideshow's version, where I think they should be painted in a way that he looks like he's frownig a little bit. That adds to the personality of the charachter. Sideshow's eyes are completely dead, the doll dot doesn't help either. After so many complaints from people it's suprising that they're still doing it. Is it their trademark or something?

Figured i would post this for anyone that was thinking about getting a Hot Toys body for their Sideshow Indy. Here is my Indy so far on a modified HT body with molded neck. Im still going to go back and paint the neck, weather the shirt ect..

IMG_7961.png

Looking sharp :clap
Is that SovereignStudio's shirt?

IMG_7961.png

It looks great. As soon as I see a TrueType with moulded neck i'll get it and do the swap as the neck looks fuller than the Soldier Story one.

It looks to me like I would still have to pad the thighs to fill the trousers though. Also pad the stomach a little as well to make the belly look more natural to my eyes.

It looks great. As soon as I see a TrueType with moulded neck i'll get it and do the swap as the neck looks fuller than the Soldier Story one.

It looks to me like I would still have to pad the thighs to fill the trousers though. Also pad the stomach a little as well to make the belly look more natural to my eyes.

Thanks Tyler. Yeah The thighs actually dont look bad. You may want to add alittle padding to the stomach region. I was going to do that after i weather the shirt and paint the neck. Ill be using Shawns jacket so im waiting to see how that will look as well before i add the chub. Still waiting for your Indy with fedora repaint!

My piss poor attempt at repainting Indy:

Picture042.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture050.jpg

My first repaint ever. It was fun, too bad it didn't turn out too well :(

If you are not happy with it you could always do it again. More practice, being critical of your own work plus using Les, small_studios work and real photo's of Harrison Ford as reference will only make you better. Even if you keep starting again you'll eventually finish one that you will know is the best you can do and you'll look at it everytime you walk past it thinking "I DID THAT:rock"

Thanks Jabba! He is coming along bit by bit lol That is actually the Sideshow shirt believe it or not. :whip

Wow! I'm shocked! Didn't think Sideshow's shirt could look that good. That's stellar work. Will have to work on mine, mostly thinking about removing the plastic snap so that the shirt would be more unbuttoned like in the film.

If you are not happy with it you could always do it again. More practice, being critical of your own work plus using Les, small_studios work and real photo's of Harrison Ford as reference will only make you better. Even if you keep starting again you'll eventually finish one that you will know is the best you can do and you'll look at it everytime you walk past it thinking "I DID THAT:rock"

Thanks for the encouragment, I'll be definetely giving it another go. Your own repaint is among the best and most inspiring from the ones shown here, as is your work on Sean Connery as Bond :rock

Hang in there MJ! I like what you have done. Just try again. Paint on other heads and use good paint, not cheap stuff like that Wal-Mart 60 cent a bottle stuff, but good, FINE GRAIN paint, like Testors Acryls or some comparable paint. And just practice. Have no fear. You can do it!
Cool figure ain't it! :rock Have fun, man!

Thanks Tyler. Yeah The thighs actually dont look bad. You may want to add alittle padding to the stomach region. I was going to do that after i weather the shirt and paint the neck. Ill be using Shawns jacket so im waiting to see how that will look as well before i add the chub. Still waiting for your Indy with fedora repaint!

That may not be untill next week, but I was wondering if I needed to do anything else to the hatless head to add character or not. Eventually I decided he should look a little beaten up so I made him look like this, and dry dabbed a little standard flesh colour to lessen the tan.

picture.php

I think it was the right decision, because I may actually end up having a clean cut Indy as if he is at the begining of his adventures with Soveriegns gear. Also the above one with Sideshow clothing beaten and dirty which will depict his typical look near the end of one of his adventures.

Hang in there MJ! I like what you have done. Just try again. Paint on other heads and use good paint, not cheap stuff like that Wal-Mart 60 cent a bottle stuff, but good, FINE GRAIN paint, like Testors Acryls or some comparable paint. And just practice. Have no fear. You can do it!
Cool figure ain't it! :rock Have fun, man!

Thanks man! And indeed it is a cool figure. Every day I end up either sitting in my room staring at it or reposing it or inflicting damage on it with brushes and paint :lol

That may not be untill next week, but I was wondering if I needed to do anything else to the hatless head to add character or not. Eventually I decided he should look a little beaten up so I made him look like this, and dry dabbed a little standard flesh colour to lessen the tan.

picture.php

I think it was the right decision, because I may actually end up having a clean cut Indy as if he is at the begining of his adventures with Soveriegns gear. Also the above one with Sideshow clothing beaten and dirty which will depict his typical look near the end of one of his adventures.

The addition of cuts and bruises makes this already incredible repaint even better :rock

Tyler i like what you did with Indy. The skin tone looks better too. Cant wait to see what else you got coming next.

VERY NICE!!! :rock
Super use of cuts and all too! Love this one!

picture.php

Back