1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 461892Which gunbelt is this? The whip holder closes magnetically. Anyone recognize it?

Looks kinda like the Sideshow TOD one but mine has 5 holes. Maybe HT?

179633d5cc58ba03f0e33858cff3ee52.jpg

795775f02c9f3bf245cd9a61d9643dc3.jpg

Also, I’m currently breaking down the TOD Indiana Jones (wanted the body/shoes) so if anyone needs any other parts from it, hit me up before it all goes to eBay.

Looks kinda like the Sideshow TOD one but mine has 5 holes. Maybe HT?

179633d5cc58ba03f0e33858cff3ee52.jpg

795775f02c9f3bf245cd9a61d9643dc3.jpg

Also, I’m currently breaking down the TOD Indiana Jones (wanted the body/shoes) so if anyone needs any other parts from it, hit me up before it all goes to eBay.
PM sent!

Hello I just got a DX5 with a good price, $130, the bow band on the hat is gone though. So I think the head is a bit small, or is it just me? What do you think the best head and hat out there? Thank you :D

Picked up one of these DID lanterns for the display, felt like something Indy would have needed to use at some point.

fd7289cafac52d0f49d9277a171c8e0e.jpg

That looks great. I could do with one of them lying next to my custom sleeping Indy. I have a white one with my custom RJ MacReady but I may pick up that yellow one for him as well.

That's pretty awesome. That an led in there or just the paint?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That looks great. I could do with one of them lying next to my custom sleeping Indy. I have a white one with my custom RJ MacReady but I may pick up that yellow one for him as well.

Has a yellow LED, so looks off when the light is off. Came from the Gerd radio operator figure.

7a3fef2cca286b66bb1a3caa89442123.jpg

Hello I just got a DX5 with a good price, $130, the bow band on the hat is gone though. So I think the head is a bit small, or is it just me? What do you think the best head and hat out there? Thank you :D

Hey Sigito. I like the MJ Choi and Sideshow Raiders head. As for the hat there are quite a few options although I don't think there is a perfect Raiders hat that has been made yet.

You have the DX05 but here are some comparisons with other options out there and their respective hats (Jnix custom sculpt, Sideshow TOD, Hot Toys ROTLA, Sideshow ROTLA). I'd like to get the Inigo v3 when that comes out too but that hasn't been put up for order yet. I like the Sideshow Temple of Doom but it's a bit small and the hat is obviously a bit oversized for it as you can see.

Indy-options.jpg

Has anyone repainted the Sideshow Raiders head ? I feel like there is a good sculpt hiding underneath a poor paint job.

My favourite head is the Inigo V2 but I'm thinking the V3 will be the best once released.

That's a great COMP, TonTon!

I'm still surprised that so few here mention the resized Choi sculpt with Inigo hat when talking about best sculpts. I don't think there's any comparison.

That's a great COMP, TonTon!

I'm still surprised that so few here mention the resized Choi sculpt with Inigo hat when talking about best sculpts. I don't think there's any comparison.

Nathan said that was his favorite among the ones he’s painted (followed by Inigo v2). I think it’s just seen so rarely so it gets less mention. It looks terrific but there’s still something a bit off for me. I guess there’s something off about all of them, even the best of the bunch, or we’d all be in agreement about which is superior.

@hottoysaddict72

Yes I have repainted all my Sideshow Raiders heads. I will try and post pictures.

@Wor-Gar

I have the resized Choi sculpts on my standard Raiders, Temple and Last Crusade Indy figures. I think those are the best sculpts. The Inigou hat tends to leave a little gap at the back on the Raiders figure though.

Does MJ Choi still produce new head sculpts? I’m not familiar with his work outside Indy of course.

Also meant to add that it was robbiethepainter’s Ford collection and photo from earlier in this thread that inspired me to hold on to the different Ford sculpts out there.

Back