1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, not at all. I own the original release MJ sculpt painted by 8-Bit, and I love it. I just wish it was more in-scale. The detail and accuracy to Ford on this thing is unreal. I just wish the re-scaled version had been made available (and not the recasted, low quality stuff that came in the wake of the initial release) to more people.

I believe so. It's smaller though Wor-Gar. The face is also thinner on it when comparing it to my original MJ Choi sculpt.

Smaller is good, thinner maybe not. Not sure, I've never seen the Treasure Hunter in hand. But MJ's original was on the large side, and the undersized hat that came with it did it no favors.

I kind of see the "MJ style" in the sculpt. I suppose that comes with every sculpt from an artist. But despite the style, MJ really rocked both his Indy and McClane sculpts to an 11... unfortunately his 1/6 scale is more like 1/5 scale.

I'm also very much looking forward to seeing Inigo's v3 Indy. Don't get me wrong because I'm a fan of the MJ (corrected) sculpt -- Inigo is an amazing sculptor and his Indy sculpts (as well as his McClane, Bond and everything else he's done) is just insane. I would be proud to display his Indy sculpt if I had one. Maybe 3rd time is the charm.

@SigitoSutasmano

That's a tough question! I think the Sideshow Raiders hat gets the strange mushroom look but makes it too small and wide. The Inigou hat is great but too small. With your sculpt skills maybe you could come up with a Raiders fedora?

The treasure hunter head is still a tad on the large size. Smaller than the original MJ, yes, but still a larger head comparatively.

Been messing around with some leather, trying to get the holster down. I think my latest rough trial went pretty well. I think my next will be my final. Haha
I used magnets for closure. I didn’t want the hole on the step to wear and end up tearing after opening and closing. Still need some experimenting with it though. 509CA32D-C853-4337-AD87-A8B9C1195BF9.jpgE1D47327-67A5-4C82-B272-C8092AE3FF65.jpg177CA0CC-3593-42D2-BCDD-3E8DA2686B44.jpg

Wow, it's great to see this thread so busy - love seeing all the Indys.:clap

Smaller is good, thinner maybe not. Not sure, I've never seen the Treasure Hunter in hand. But MJ's original was on the large side, and the undersized hat that came with it did it no favors.

I kind of see the "MJ style" in the sculpt. I suppose that comes with every sculpt from an artist. But despite the style, MJ really rocked both his Indy and McClane sculpts to an 11... unfortunately his 1/6 scale is more like 1/5 scale.

I'm also very much looking forward to seeing Inigo's v3 Indy. Don't get me wrong because I'm a fan of the MJ (corrected) sculpt -- Inigo is an amazing sculptor and his Indy sculpts (as well as his McClane, Bond and everything else he's done) is just insane. I would be proud to display his Indy sculpt if I had one. Maybe 3rd time is the charm.

The other issue with the Treasure Hunter is he has jug ears. But the apps are close to HT quality and it's a decent likeness.

My favorite Indy sculpt is actually the SSC TOD sculpt. Even the rtecast (which doesn't have the blood) is decent. The paint's a bit dark and it's most definitely a bit underscale (and there's a serious gap where the hairpiece fits) but it looks good.

Been messing around with some leather, trying to get the holster down. I think my latest rough trial went pretty well. I think my next will be my final. Haha
I used magnets for closure. I didn’t want the hole on the step to wear and end up tearing after opening and closing. Still need some experimenting with it though. View attachment 462296

Is that leather cracking intentional weathering or pleather deterioration?

Thanks guys!
The body I’m using is actually the JXToys S01. It was a placeholder, but I actually like it. I’ll keep it on Indy depending on whether the iris set looks good on it.
The leather cracking is actually unintentional, unfortunately. It’s been getting worse and worse

SigitoSutasmano : That is a seriously good repaint, looks so much better than what SS put out originally.

As for favourite heads, I really like my Inigo V2 painted by Nathan. Looks a lot like Indy to me. Having said that, I am super excited to get an Inigo V3 when they become available also.

e9NuJkL.jpg

Thank you, I will repaint a Sideshow TOD head for a practice :D

@SigitoSutasmano

That's a tough question! I think the Sideshow Raiders hat gets the strange mushroom look but makes it too small and wide. The Inigou hat is great but too small. With your sculpt skills maybe you could come up with a Raiders fedora?
I see, in some pictures the hat seems 'round', maybe that's what you meant by mushroom look :D

I know that it is dependent on the head sculpt but it would be great if someone would release a custom accurate "Raiders" fedora.

Perhaps in a pliable material that could be used on most, if not all head sculpts.

I actually have one from over 15 years ago, which I picked up for my first Indy Custom. It's not perfect but I feel if done today, it would be a better option.

This old one is from a rubbery material and has actually held up pretty well.

ij3.jpg

I know that it is dependent on the head sculpt but it would be great if someone would release a custom accurate "Raiders" fedora.

Perhaps in a pliable material that could be used on most, if not all head sculpts.

I actually have one from over 15 years ago, which I picked up for my first Indy Custom. It's not perfect but I feel if done today, it would be a better option.

This old one is from a rubbery material and has actually held up pretty well.

View attachment 462351

That it a brilliant custom. Is there any chance you could post more pics of your hat?

A moldable hat would be awesome.

I have a few of those Hasbro ones and I have tried all manner of things to try and shape it better but it always tries to revert back to its original form. :(
Here is some pics of it.

I'm surprised there has not been more hat options available as that is arguably the most important part of the whole outfit.

Attachments

• 20190724_234714-1.jpg
    20190724_234714-1.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 20190724_234717-1.jpg
    20190724_234717-1.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 20190724_234720-1.jpg
    20190724_234720-1.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 20190724_234723-1.jpg
    20190724_234723-1.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 161
I wonder if one could "print" the Inigo Raiders hat out of pliable foam or rubber? There must be a more flexible plastic to print. If not, I think we all see the future.

That would be great. Imagine a decent moldable hat that you could use for different poses on the figure. I would also make the hat a little bit bigger so it could fit on other sculpts too.

That it a brilliant custom. Is there any chance you could post more pics of your hat?

A moldable hat would be awesome.

Thanks! It's basically an old resin head sculpt that I painted up myself and then updated my old version with parts from the initial Sideshow offering.

As for the hat, I may have spoken too soon. I now noticed that close-up, you can definitely see some of the rubber has worn away with time. But at least at normal viewing distance, it's not really noticeable.

IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0631.jpg

Thanks for the pics. His gear should have a bit of wear and tear! I think it looks great.
Those gloves look really good as well.

I have recently been painting some of my Indy trousers, 2 Sideshow and one I got online. In the pictures they appear lighter than they are. I put on a very light coat and then smudged it in so the trousers don't become too stiff. I used a mixture of Slate and Maple Country brown acrylic paints. I tried some yellow and a tiny bit of pink but that seemed to throw it off.

Attachments

• 20190725_151351.jpg
    20190725_151351.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190725_151414-1.jpg
    20190725_151414-1.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190725_151430-1.jpg
    20190725_151430-1.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 142
Thanks. That's an old Indy that I still have. My newer version is basically an HT DX-05 with the Treasure Hunter head sculpt. It looks ok but I'm thinking of replacing the body with a more lean one. I've got a second one ready to go with the Map Room outfit. I need to find display space for the SS Tanis Map Room set, though.

Here's my Idol Indy:

Indy idol 1 sm.jpg

Back