1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It already looks amazing [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man![emoji1783][emoji1303][emoji482]
Be very careful with dying the HT shirt. It's got some weird colors in there for the weathering.

I dyed mine years ago and it came out pink. Made the shirt useless. And I'm really good with dying.
Yeah that's why I havent bothered. I dont want to ruin it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Be very careful with dying the HT shirt. It's got some weird colors in there for the weathering.

I dyed mine years ago and it came out pink. Made the shirt useless. And I'm really good with dying.

Ooh, thanks for that. Nobody has had success? I did the rit dye remover cause my shirt had way too much pink. Maybe it was yours!

The HT shirt is a strange color. Tan and straw, but with very yellow stains (weathering).

So I dipped it in Pearl Gray (RIT) for just a moment, and it turned an odd color -- like a weird blue-pinkish color I've never seen before. I quickly bleached a portion of the back to see if I could get rid of the new color before dying again but the shirt turned an even brighter pink/orange -- some fabrics that are gray will turn orange with bleach (and strangely vice versa). I feared that if I let the shirt soak in bleach long enough to fade the pink it would also eat away at the shirt.

So I just got the Kato shirt instead. :lol

I've had success dying the HT shirt numerous times. The trick is to remove the yellow/pink tones prior to dyeing. I've found that bleach and hot water does the trick just fine, whitens the shirt up nicely.

Old photo (plus I don't feel like taking new ones right now) that shows two of the HT shirts that have been properly (in my mind) bleached and dyed, along with buttons replaced, etc.

GEDC1253.JPG

Better than what I got. But its weird, when I did bleach the shirt turned hot pink. You must have to soak it for a long time? What ratio did you use for water-to-bleach?

I just take a small Tupperware type container, slightly larger than a sandwich size one, put enough bleach to cover the cover the bottom, then fill the rest with boiling hot (or close to) water from the kettle; enough to let the garment be soaked. It didn't take long to be honest. A few minutes, if that.

Yeah, bleach that sucker. And then use RIT color remover if needed. Also, RIT makes a fabric whitener I believe, in a blue box.

Old photo (plus I don't feel like taking new ones right now) that shows two of the HT shirts that have been properly (in my mind) bleached and dyed, along with buttons replaced, etc.

View attachment 460469

That looks excellent. Is the one with in the back also the HT shirt or is that Kato or Yunsil?

Finally got my hands on the yunsil jacket which arrived yesterday.

Yes it may be a tad short but wow what incredible work. It’s so thin and supple.

I’ve been thinking what a waste it is to have my Kato Indy shirt on my LC Indy, I mean, you can barely see it and wouldn’t that shirt be better on my Streets of Cairo Indy?

So, I decided to go into the Indy parts bin and try repurposing the Sideshow TOD shirt, the problem in the you have to pic one side for the sleeve, as you can cut it and just tape it off on either side.

4c64966e6b3508658d9eab467bc6d99a.jpg

5817e4f1ac6ad9d9ada95f09b5c2b167.jpg
9dbcbf3d803e71b74dd4f54a463e825b.jpg
ffa745c9caade111fac0d4bd7c0c4ebd.jpg
67ae18e0f500e62c6e4bee501a02a53f.jpg

I think on the next revision, I’ll put the sleeve on this right arm, as you can’t see the sleeve opening on this left arm anyways ...

Yeah, good idea. I was thinking that the Yunsil and Kato shirts (not that I have either) are less stiff and might be best shown off in the streets of Cairo look.

I’ve been thinking what a waste it is to have my Kato Indy shirt on my LC Indy, I mean, you can barely see it and wouldn’t that shirt be better on my Streets of Cairo Indy?

So, I decided to go into the Indy parts bin and try repurposing the Sideshow TOD shirt, the problem in the you have to pic one side for the sleeve, as you can cut it and just tape it off on either side.

4c64966e6b3508658d9eab467bc6d99a.jpg

5817e4f1ac6ad9d9ada95f09b5c2b167.jpg
9dbcbf3d803e71b74dd4f54a463e825b.jpg
ffa745c9caade111fac0d4bd7c0c4ebd.jpg
67ae18e0f500e62c6e4bee501a02a53f.jpg

I think on the next revision, I’ll put the sleeve on this right arm, as you can’t see the sleeve opening on this left arm anyways ...

Good thinkin'!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That swap work great, Fast. Never know.

Yeah, good idea. I was thinking that the Yunsil and Kato shirts (not that I have either) are less stiff and might be best shown off in the streets of Cairo look.

Definitely the best two shirt around right now.

I have the Kato on my current Indy and always hated that so much of it is covered by the jacket. But it looks so good that I don't want to change it.

I managed to get ahold of a Yunsil shirt from a friend for my pending Cairo bash. I've never seen the Yunsil shirt in person but ShortRound's amazing Cairo Indy sold me.

Back