1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the best available mainstream holster/belt for Indy?

I'm assuming it's a custom build that is preferable, but as they probably are no longer available, I'm wondering which holster/belt to pick up.

Looking at my dx05 versus my sideshow TOD, the sideshow holster looks to be oversized. So, customs aside, is the dx05 the best way for me to go (though I appreciate that it's pretty far from being screen accurate)?

Mike is the best person to go to for indy gear and whip. But atm he has been busy and won't be doing anymore commission work. So your best bet is to get one from steveostoys. Or you can make a thread and ask if anyone has one.

What is the best available mainstream holster/belt for Indy?

I'm assuming it's a custom build that is preferable, but as they probably are no longer available, I'm wondering which holster/belt to pick up.

Looking at my dx05 versus my sideshow TOD, the sideshow holster looks to be oversized. So, customs aside, is the dx05 the best way for me to go (though I appreciate that it's pretty far from being screen accurate)?

As Rogerbee & Luisenigma1 have already said, Mike Fisher's Indy rigs are the best out there, but he is taking a break from it at the moment, so you'd have to try and find one on the secondary market. This should be your No.1 choice.

Stevo's Toys does make some nice gear and I have his ToD set, but you will have to wait around 3-4 months for the work to be done and he's not the most customer-friendly guy to deal with, so be warned!!! I also owned his Raiders holster for a little while, but sold that on when I got my Mike Fisher set. I would put him as your No.2 choice.

A company called Vigilante Collectibles also made a belt & holster (the thread is 5 down from this one), which is also pretty nice. This would be my No.3 choice. Not sure if they are still making them though? Do a search for them on Etsy...

Yunsil also made a belt & holster as part of her clothing set, so you may be able to get hold of one of those on the secondary market too. This would be my No.4 choice.

After that, you're obviously left with the various Hot Toys / Sideshow efforts, which all have their issues.

Failing all that, I dabble in a little leather work myself, so I could knock something up for you. I have made some Indy holsters in the past, as well as belts, bag straps & whips.

As Rogerbee & Luisenigma1 have already said, Mike Fisher's Indy rigs are the best out there, but he is taking a break from it at the moment, so you'd have to try and find one on the secondary market. This should be your No.1 choice.

Stevo's Toys does make some nice gear and I have his ToD set, but you will have to wait around 3-4 months for the work to be done and he's not the most customer-friendly guy to deal with, so be warned!!! I also owned his Raiders holster for a little while, but sold that on when I got my Mike Fisher set. I would put him as your No.2 choice.

A company called Vigilante Collectibles also made a belt & holster (the thread is 5 down from this one), which is also pretty nice. This would be my No.3 choice. Not sure if they are still making them though? Do a search for them on Etsy...

Yunsil also made a belt & holster as part of her clothing set, so you may be able to get hold of one of those on the secondary market too. This would be my No.4 choice.

After that, you're obviously left with the various Hot Toys / Sideshow efforts, which all have their issues.

Failing all that, I dabble in a little leather work myself, so I could knock something up for you. I have made some Indy holsters in the past, as well as belts, bag straps & whips.
Timemeddler has a point, I actually have yunsil belt with Vigilante collectibles holster which I modded by dipping it in hot water shrinking it to the proper size. ( note: I did this with the HT revolver still in it) actually you can even wait as ebeneezer jones has his own custom he might release, when is still not clear. But all the choices given to you should be helpful.

Thanks so much for all the information guys, I really appreciate how helpful everyone is here - it's great. And thanks Timemeddler for the comprehensive list, it's all very useful.

Another forum member has offered up an MFisher, just weighing up whether I can make the finances work or whether this will just have to stay on my wishlist for future upgrade.

Thanks so much for all the information guys, I really appreciate how helpful everyone is here - it's great. And thanks Timemeddler for the comprehensive list, it's all very useful.

Another forum member has offered up an MFisher, just weighing up whether I can make the finances work or whether this will just have to stay on my wishlist for future upgrade.

Go for it! They're only going to get more expensive if Mike doesn't make any more! Heck, I might even take it if you don't!!!

Do you know the actual price for a mfisher whipe? For the holster...as all faux leather parts, in my dx05 box, was destroyed...i've contact devos for new holster+holster belt and also a strap for the mask bag...just to wait now to have them

The kids will have to go hungry!

Holster bought. And a big thank you to the forum member who made that possible, greatly Appreciated!

Now to sell lots of things on ebay for the next purchase.......

Back