1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there.

Can anybody give me some advice on improving and weathering a dx05 jacket?

The collars I can fix down, I believe it also helps to take the lining out of the inside of the sleeves. What is the best way to weather the jacket?

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Simon.

Fullers earth and pastels are the way to go, both can be fixed with Dullcote. Fullers earth can be found easily on eBay in just about any quantity you could want. It is actually what they used in the movies anyway. When he comes out of the temple at the beginning of Raiders, he's just covered in it.

Anyone interested in a new pair of indy boots to be made for 1/6th thread just went up for them. Artist is sean dabbs.

Fullers earth and pastels are the way to go, both can be fixed with Dullcote. Fullers earth can be found easily on eBay in just about any quantity you could want. It is actually what they used in the movies anyway. When he comes out of the temple at the beginning of Raiders, he's just covered in it.

Thank you sir!
So, actually use brown artists pastels on the jacket, then dullcote it? Will that cause cracking if the jacket is flexed? Do I need to do any prep on the jacket first?

And fullers earth - is that just a white talc like powder?

All help is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Simon.

I use Tamiya weathering powders, and I don't bother sealing them. They stay on fine as long as you don't over-handle the figure afterwards..

I use Tamiya weathering powders, and I don't bother sealing them. They stay on fine as long as you don't over-handle the figure afterwards..

Right. Had a look at the sets available on eBay and Amazon. Any you would recommend for Indy?

Thank you sir!
So, actually use brown artists pastels on the jacket, then dullcote it? Will that cause cracking if the jacket is flexed? Do I need to do any prep on the jacket first?

And fullers earth - is that just a white talc like powder?

All help is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Simon.

Yes, but, I don't know about leather or pleather, I used the SSC jacket which is plain material. Fuller's Earth is calcium bentonite and it's sort of pale beige in colour. When you brush it onto clothes it makes them look worn and faded. In Hollywood, if you wanted something to look dusty, it was the go to. Boris Karloff certainly got his fair share! You can find it all over the place if you google it. Ebay is a good place to look for sellers.

Yes, but, I don't know about leather or pleather, I used the SSC jacket which is plain material. Fuller's Earth is calcium bentonite and it's sort of pale beige in colour. When you brush it onto clothes it makes them look worn and faded. In Hollywood, if you wanted something to look dusty, it was the go to. Boris Karloff certainly got his fair share! You can find it all over the place if you google it. Ebay is a good place to look for sellers.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Have spent the last few days painting my Inigou v1 headsculpt.....about 60% there, then onto the hat. Have an extra dx jacket, trousers and shirt on the way, then it's on with the weathering.

Can't afford a banner body at this point, does anybody know whether this is this a good substitute:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132119266216

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Have spent the last few days painting my Inigou v1 headsculpt.....about 60% there, then onto the hat. Have an extra dx jacket, trousers and shirt on the way, then it's on with the weathering.

Can't afford a banner body at this point, does anybody know whether this is this a good substitute:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132119266216

Yes, that's a good body (I used one for my Last Crusade Indy), but it doesn't have the double elbow bend of the Banner body, if that is important to you?

Yes, that's a good body (I used one for my Last Crusade Indy), but it doesn't have the double elbow bend of the Banner body, if that is important to you?

Thanks Timemeddler. Ideally, yes, would rather have the double joint elbows of the banner, but I think generally you can get away with the 90 degree elbows with Indy.

Hey there.

Can anybody give me some advice on improving and weathering a dx05 jacket?

The collars I can fix down, I believe it also helps to take the lining out of the inside of the sleeves. What is the best way to weather the jacket?

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Simon.

Crafts acrylic paints, these are the one in the slim long plastic bottles, available at Walmart,Michaels and arts and craft stores, while you are it...specialy at Walmart...buy one of their "acrylic brush sets" wich come in asorted tips, from very fine to broad..they will become handy in the application of the paint/wear of leather. Start slowly at seams and all around heavy "traffic" on the jacket like, around collar, edges,pocket flaps lower seams, sleeves...light brown,dark brown,light tan,yellow and white will give you all the nessesary tones to achive a scale look, think one of the best scenes you can see the extent of Indiana jacket leather wear is in the Last Crusade....motorcycle scene where Indy and Dr Henry are arguing to go to Berlin in the road...in the Blue-Ray disc you can clearly see the extent of wear and fade of the dark color...which is not that evident in most of other scenes or previus movies!!

I have this body.In my opinion it's way too big and muscular for Indy.But maybe I'm wrong.I'm looking for HT Han Solo body , if someone wants to sale or trade.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

I have this body.In my opinion it's way too big and muscular for Indy.But maybe I'm wrong.I'm looking for HT Han Solo body , if someone wants to sale or trade.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

I agree, which is why I now use the ZC Toys narrow shoulder muscular body for all my Indiana Jones / Han Solo custom figures.

Crafts acrylic paints, these are the one in the slim long plastic bottles, available at Walmart,Michaels and arts and craft stores, while you are it...specialy at Walmart...buy one of their "acrylic brush sets" wich come in asorted tips, from very fine to broad..they will become handy in the application of the paint/wear of leather. Start slowly at seams and all around heavy "traffic" on the jacket like, around collar, edges,pocket flaps lower seams, sleeves...light brown,dark brown,light tan,yellow and white will give you all the nessesary tones to achive a scale look, think one of the best scenes you can see the extent of Indiana jacket leather wear is in the Last Crusade....motorcycle scene where Indy and Dr Henry are arguing to go to Berlin in the road...in the Blue-Ray disc you can clearly see the extent of wear and fade of the dark color...which is not that evident in most of other scenes or previus movies!!

Great advice - thanks. Already have a good supply of acryllic paints, so this may be the way for me to go that's most cost effective. Thanks also for the advice on the scene to watch - will check that out.

Back