1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In general everything in this hobby has become expensive with figure prices increasing i wonder how long most people can keep collecting. On the flip side you can still pick up figures for reasonable prices if you are patient and sensible. Which custom head sculpts they can get very expensive by the time you pay for the sculpt then paint work on top

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know I can't. I was convinced my Indy would remain headless till Kit saved the day with the Treasure Hunter. I was going to paint Trev's old one myself, but, my eyes started going and I hadn't painted for more than a year. I have glasses now, but, I'm not so sure about the skills.

It does depend what you call reasonable. I was once able to buy an MIB Bruce Lee in Suit for £75, I doubt you could find an MIB anything for that much now.

I know I can't. I was convinced my Indy would remain headless till Kit saved the day with the Treasure Hunter. I was going to paint Trev's old one myself, but, my eyes started going and I hadn't painted for more than a year. I have glasses now, but, I'm not so sure about the skills.

It does depend what you call reasonable. I was once able to buy an MIB Bruce Lee in Suit for £75, I doubt you could find an MIB anything for that much now.
Too true gone are the days of picking up brand new quality figures for under £100. I wait for a reasonable second hand figure now adays or kitbash instead I just can't justify the prices I would of loved a ss temple of doom indy but I am point blank refusing to pay that kind of money for that. So will kitbash my own I'm lucky I can paint my own stuff so save some money there.

Try painting again you can always strip and start again if you don't like it practice makes perfect and all that

I stripped my Trev Indy head so much I'm sure the vinyl is starting to deteriorate. I've got a 1/48 AT-ST on the way, if I can paint that I should be safe with a head.

That said, I don't think I could paint a head as well as whoever did Kit's.
On all the points about custom heads you made. I can agree. Kit provided a good sculpt albiet from Mj choi original one. Still was something worth getting at the price it was sold for. Now your lucky to get it at that original price. I'm hoping Eleven does their own indy sculpt with a smirk that would be awesome. But to that end I can agree.

Eleven come through Kit too and he's scored big enough with the Treasure Hunter not to want to do another. Indy might be popular among fans, but, among others, they'd rather have another Chris Hemsworth or Robert Downey Jnr or any superhero sculpt. "Indy was like the '80's dude, he's an old man now!"

Yeah true. But let's not forget the majority strive to be him. People got excited seeing him with chewy on the falcon again, and now as Deckard in Blade Runner sequel. Regardless he is just as important. But I see what you mean they won't prioritize making another indy sculpt even if it's a custom sculptor only person I know who is thinking of doing a new sculpt is beastmaster but that's still unknown when.

Very early temple of doom WIP
98cd9a70deba983d091eb5fedf5be800.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yeah true. But let's not forget the majority strive to be him. People got excited seeing him with chewy on the falcon again, and now as Deckard in Blade Runner sequel. Regardless he is just as important. But I see what you mean they won't prioritize making another indy sculpt even if it's a custom sculptor only person I know who is thinking of doing a new sculpt is beastmaster but that's still unknown when.

Star Wars and Blade Runner fans are excited, but, we can't forget that isn't everybody. Aren't Beastmaster's sculpts his own personal projects? I don't recall him ever wanting to mass produce any.

Star Wars and Blade Runner fans are excited, but, we can't forget that isn't everybody. Aren't Beastmaster's sculpts his own personal projects? I don't recall him ever wanting to mass produce any.
He have changed his mind little bit ;)

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

they are but he decided just recently to start selling them off as he is finishing up.

I began to weather indy tonight, I'm not going to go too mental with the weathering
7637d2f7dfc4e1bb4d0fd3258b45f82f.jpg
7ab4c8b8aac880b016f3df83a630f7d8.jpg

Back