1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it that common sense and rational/tempered discussion is regularly attempted to be shot down by insults here?

You're absolutely right about the material, it's very soft and supple! In fact, I want to try to bunch up the sleeves and leave them be for a while to see if I can't get a more crinkled look on them, because I think this material would do well with that.

Can't wait to see how that turns out... I just saw the thread for these, I imagine with your eye for detail the finished jacket will be spot on.

Sad that no company was able to give us a great jacket, but Kato's proven it can be done :lecture

Georgeous jacket Marf, seriously tempted by it now. I thought I'd be happy with my v.1. Did you give it a coat of leather dressing like before?

Can't wait to see how that turns out... I just saw the thread for these, I imagine with your eye for detail the finished jacket will be spot on.

We'll see! I'll post a pic if it pans out. :)

Georgeous jacket Marf, seriously tempted by it now. I thought I'd be happy with my v.1. Did you give it a coat of leather dressing like before?

Thanks, Gavin, this one really is a beaut! I did indeed give it a rub down with some Pecard's, but I went pretty light on it. I think I might apply some more before I try to crinkle the sleeves. :duff

Seeing the jacket i have to say it is wonderfull work, but i prefer the sovereign jacket. Like the post before me, it looks really used. Great indy still, although i never was a fan of the shrunken head.

Best,

Robert

Just to clarify - the official policy of this forum and sideshowcollectors.com LLC is "recasting for sale is bad."

Seeing the jacket i have to say it is wonderfull work, but i prefer the sovereign jacket. Like the post before me, it looks really used. Great indy still, although i never was a fan of the shrunken head.

Best,

Robert

I agree, no offense to Marf (the figure looks spectacular). I think we all must reconcile which sculpt looks like Ford to us. He's like an inkblot test.

Many of us have been bugging Kato for years now to craft a new Indy jacket. A few years ago I even sent him reference photos of my own 1:1 Wested in an attempt to get the ball rolling. Well, Kato has finally revisited Indy, and the results are spectacular. Because of my constant pestering over the last few years, and because Kato apparently really likes my Indy, he expedited my set in hopes I would take some pictures to share. Here they are!

That's right, you just keep flinging your perfect Indy into our faces :pfft: :lol Seriously though, it's a beautiful figure, new jacket and all :clap

I agree, no offense to Marf (the figure looks spectacular). I think we all must reconcile which sculpt looks like Ford to us. He's like an inkblot test.

None taken! This hobby has taught me a lot about subjectivity. :duff

You know, it's Harrison so it ain't perfect....but that's probably the closest I've seen. That is spectacular.

Thanks, man! Indy is what got me into this hobby, so I'm happy people share my enthusiasm for the figure. :)

That's right, you just keep flinging your perfect Indy into our faces :pfft: :lol Seriously though, it's a beautiful figure, new jacket and all :clap

:lol

Thanks, MJ, much appreciated. :1-1:

Oh come on fellas, that PF sculpt is one of the best Ford likenesses around. Especially with a top-notch paint job.

It depends on how well shrunk it is. Some look ok, some look pretty ropey, Marf's is one of the better ones, but maybe because his hat is better than the PF one.

Trev's is as close to definitive as we'll get until someone else has a go....

Great jacket Marf. I have his last one which is wonderful (but too big for HT), he is an amazing artist.
Shouldn't this one (Raiders) be a lot darker though? Almost grey/brown/black?
:dunno

Still think the sovereign jacket looks better (which you sold me :rock as far as I can remember).
If he had used a different leather for this it would have been perfect.

I wouldn't say it needed to be darker, some of the jackets were weathered so heavily they were nearly beige.

Nah mate, Raiders jacket was almost black. Very very dark chocolate in colour. Even in the bright wash of sunlight seen below in the promo pic it's dark brown. Some of them did appear a bit lighter when covered in sand/battered, but its still very dark choc/black/brown. In certain dark interior light it got a more blueish tinge (what is it with Ford and blue/brown outer wear? :lol) The Sovereign is by far the most accurate (that i've seen anyway) and even that is a little too grey/black.

[URL=https://s981.photobucket.com/user/rorywanmods/media/2869763385_4cb574f990_o_zps97994fba.jpg.html]

Last edited:
Back