1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat! Shame you're not selling them. Question: if you take a head sculpt and build on it (change it), does it still count as a recast?

Last edited:
I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat! Shame you're not selling them. Question: if you take a head sculpt and build on it (change it), roes it still count as a recast?
That is a very touchy subject. Ive been asked to cast mods before for a run of Blow figures and most thought that it was ok as long as its a sculpt from a bigger company...not modding a small artist work and recasting it just to sell.

On the other hand its not entirely original so I can see both sides of it.

This was privately comissioned so it would be unfair to cast them and sell without content from comissioner of the head regardless.

I have resculpted 5 different Plainviews because of not wanting to recast the amazing Rainmans work

2y5eheju.jpg

Last edited:
Modding an original work (additive, subtractive, whatever) = OK

Modding an original work and then making new casts (copies) from that for sale = NOT OK

If in doubt, the blanket rule is this: RECASTING SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK/PRODUCT = BAD. It's theft of intellectual property, duplicating/copying copyrighted works (for profit).

Whats the story with this Les Walker? Sounds familiar. Yeah that sucks, especially considering how rare a good cast must be. I don't think I could send a unique item off to someone overseas without making a local copy of it first for insurance.

Has anyone attempted to shrink cast Trevors head like the premium format one? God knows how they shrunk that so small. I always thought they scanned it in digitally and then 3d printed out.

5 years waiting on Les - Sideshow Indy head and two sets of hands plus 100 bucks... gone poof..... He shut his email down. His page is still up. Next trip east I will look him up in Georgia. Steal my money but give me back my damn property... Would love to see a poll of who was jacked to take legal action. Probably against the rules but allowing him to steal from people aint no better. Wounds that have never healed.....:(

That indy mod does look nice however it needs some facial hair texture added. If you could achieve that it would be just about perfect.

Got my MFisher set today.. Holy *****!! This work is amazing! I'm usually very fussy and picky with getting other peoples stuff but I've been rendered speechless with this :D

Hey guys I'm selling my sovereign jacket and mfisher gear. Check it out in Sales 1/6 thread. Thanks! :)

It would be awesome at a bar too. You could talk, like for 20 minutes, about this amazing new leather jacket and replica Indiana Jones stuff you just got (never mention the scale), then when the other person says something like, "I'll have to check that stuff out sometime, maybe I can borrow it for Halloween," you then pull it all out of one pocket in the palm of your hand and say, "you can check it out now." ;) Guaranteed not to land you any ladies unless you're THE MAN.

Last edited:
Back