1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I did the coffee thing and I got the color I wanted but there are two streaks on both sides by the pockets that are darker than the rest. At first I thought those parts were just still wet but no, it's darker. Damn it.

Try soaking it in a bowl of warm water with some Vanish in it. Over here Vanish is a stain remover, I'm not sure if it's called the same name in the US.

Man, I did the coffee thing and I got the color I wanted but there are two streaks on both sides by the pockets that are darker than the rest. At first I thought those parts were just still wet but no, it's darker. Damn it.

Just weather it up a little bit and turn the streaks into a worn dirty look that looked totally intentional. :)

That looks amazing. :thud:

If you can. I'd love to see some photos.

Hey Wor,

I didn't get around to snapping my own pics yet, however in case you haven't seen Neo's original ones, here are his. I don't think any photo I would take can top these anyway. The Indy in these photos is the same one I now own and showed in my Youtube vid.

drjones1.jpg

indycover.jpg

hff2.jpg

6673073463_13c72f825e_o.jpg

Hey Wor,

I didn't get around to snapping my own pics yet, however in case you haven't seen Neo's original ones, here are his. I don't think any photo I would take can top these anyway. The Indy in these photos is the same one I now own and showed in my Youtube vid.

drjones1.jpg

indycover.jpg

hff2.jpg

6673073463_13c72f825e_o.jpg

That is an incredible Indy!!!

Impressive,

I didn't think anyone could save that HT sculpt, but, it looks like you have!

Well done!

Thanks but I can't take credit for this one. This was painted by Seb. However I have been preaching for a while that a little re-work on the HS and it can bring more of Ford's likeness out. Here's a quick pic of my Indy that I showed in the vid and his own vid I did last summer. I was inspired by this Indy I showed above when I decided to repaint mine. I had never dreamed at the time that I would own this Indy some day. However when I did mine, I re-painted the face as well but did it for a TOD version. I posted the pics and vid here last year but here is one again.

DSC_1419-5.jpg

Maybe not as a dramatic difference but still improves the sculpt IMO.

Hey Wor,

drjones1.jpg

Just insane. That's what I had hoped for originally from HT. Wish they could have pulled it off.

But you have a rare gem there. Indy Grail complete.

Thanks but I can't take credit for this one. This was painted by Seb. However I have been preaching for a while that a little re-work on the HS and it can bring more of Ford's likeness out.

Seb seems to make the best out of any Indy. It was another one of his that inspired an early incarnation of mine.

I'd actually be happy if someone made a proper Raiders hat to go with the SSC sculpt.

I'm sure it's been talked to death in this thread, but how do you do the sweat?

Hah classic bmarz lol, I have seen a great and famous(amongst model builders) modeler named Shepard Paine, he does 3D sweat on figures with little drops of 5 min epoxy and it looks amazing, Yours looks so great thats what I thought you did, your use of gloss varnish is great though, as the technique can be over done very easily, but you sir have nailed it, Great job!!!

and any tip on how to apply it? I just want to put a few drop of sweat on the side of the face, without making him all glossy

Back