1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, here's a vid I shot for YouTube showing my Indy collection. I especially show the 1/6 Indy done by Elvis1976 using clothing done by Kato. This figure was originally shown in Elvis's thread and pictures were done by Neo who was the original owner. I am the lucky guy to now own this grail piece.

That looks amazing. :thud:

If you can. I'd love to see some photos.

Great video, Ron. My favorite YouTube reviewer/station. :)
You should be proud of that Indy.

Anyway, I wanted to ask what some of you guys did you darken the HT pants. I heard something of a "tea bath" I believe? What does this entail?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Fiend, thanks a lot!! It is a special piece. As far as darkening the pants, you can try the tea bag trick or dipping them in coffee. I've used that trick a few times and although the clothing will smell like coffee for a bit :lol the affect is great.

I'm totally blown away that it's just a repaint. What an amazing job on the head. It looks like the jawline was resculpted. Again, amazing work.

Hey Fiend, thanks a lot!! It is a special piece. As far as darkening the pants, you can try the tea bag trick or dipping them in coffee. I've used that trick a few times and although the clothing will smell like coffee for a bit :lol the affect is great.

The tea bag trick, I'm sure I just dip the pants in some hot water with a tea bag? How long do I keep them in?

The tea bag trick, I'm sure I just dip the pants in some hot water with a tea bag? How long do I keep them in?

It depends how much darker you want them. In this case, if you are just looking for a tint change and nothing major, just dip them in anywhere from a few seconds to a minute. Whether it is tea or coffee, the affect happens quickly. However be aware that sometimes they look darker at first while wet but once they dry they get lighter again and you may not be satisfied. So what I usually do is dry them quicker with a blow dryer so I don't have to wait to see how they come out. Then you know fairly quickly if you need to dunk them again.

Oh I know all about the darker effect dampness can have on something. Ive dyed a good many things at this point. It's just something I don't really like to do. I really just want the pants closer to what they looked like in the movie. Thanks for the info, Ron.

Yeah, a little time in a hot dark cup of tea will do the trick... and if you want to do a bit more weathering, while the pants are still damp rub in some watered down browns and blacks to give them a bit more wear and tear... not too much, but if you apply the paint when the pants are damp it get's into the fibers better and looks more to scale than applying paint when the pants are dry.

Anyone around here still doing custom heads or know where to find some? I've seen the ones on ebay and they seem to either be not what I am looking for or unpainted, and I am not nearly skilled enough to mess with an unpainted head.

The perfect custom Indy head hasn't happened yet .

Ha! I've noticed that from scanning all of these threads. A lot of the customs that I saw looked very nice though. Who knows, maybe I'll really like the HT sculpt when it gets here this week.

Good luck with that! LOL!

So far, I still think the SSC head, with a bit of TLC, is still the clear winner. It's not perfect, but what is!?

Back